• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally ran the game for the first time since October 19th to update it and see what I could grab from the Tower. Well, the mail guy gave me a Secret Handshake...

rNilla

Well, for me it's just completion. I have a full VoG set and a full Crota set. I plan to have each of those as well as the new HoW armor set at level 34.

Each of of my 3 hunters will have a level 34 set from each raid/encounter. Same goes for all the VoG/TDB/HoW weapons as well. :)

That I can relate to. I didn't stop regularly running VoG until I got all the drops. The Timepiece alluded me the longest.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
My launch DualShock 4 is a mess. Button presses don't register, the sticks are fucked and the triggers don't have the initial resistance anymore. Played PvP with it because the other controller was charging and got #rekt.

GutZ31

Finally ran the game for the first time since October 19th to update it and see what I could grab from the Tower. Well, the mail guy gave me a Secret Handshake...

picture.php

Great crucible shotty if the rolls are right.

PuMa

My launch DualShock 4 is a mess. Button presses don't register, the sticks are fucked and the triggers don't have the initial resistance anymore. Played PvP with it because the other controller was charging and got #rekt.

Same with my launch DS4. It randomly decides to hold down the left D-pad button.

noomi

So Xur, is bringing the Thunderlord tomorrow right? :p

Might as well start stocking up on all those telemetries for the new weapons coming our way.

Datto said that invective is pretty badass for poe. Honestly i dont see why it would be favored over other shottys that dont take an exotic slot. Thuoghts?

Forgive me if it's already been brought up, but I noticed this in the BTS video:

W6bp7Rh.png

The original launch and TDB exclusives end at the same time which is pretty interesting. Curious if all the exclusive stuff to date will come to Xbox all at once with Comet.

So Xur, is bringing the Thunderlord tomorrow right? :p

Might as well start stocking up on all those telemetries for the new weapons coming our way.
i used it last night for a flawless run until we got to Crota. wrekt with it.
Datto said that invective is pretty badass for poe. Honestly i dont see why it would be favored over other shottys that dont take an exotic slot. Thuoghts?
shotty buff + regenerating ammo?
but make sure you don't pull a broman and use it on an ogre

amar212

They will still be used for your old weapons and gear.

The rest you can turn in at the speaker in the tower to get glimmer or motes of light.

1 shard/energy equals 250 glimmer.

2 shards/energies will get you 1 mote of light.

Will end up with 2000 Motes and nothing to spend them on. Well, fck whatever.

noomi

I would think any shotgun would be great for PoE.

I really like the sword breaker and universal remote. Haven't really had a chance to play with invective or 4th horseman since they are both un-leved, but I'm sure they all come in very handy.

I can't see myself bringing any sniper rifle into PoE, probably shotguns and fusion rifles will be preferred.

RIP Black Hammer

jett

D-Member
I went back and looked to make sure - Trials gear that drops during the matches is only Light level 36 Gear, to get the 42 level gear you have to get the armor from the Trials Vendor or ascend the dropped gear. Think this will be the same for PoE?

Capture.png

Meh. In two weeks I'll immediately jump two levels to 32 by buying shit and upgrading my exotic armor. :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hole up and regen ammo instead of risking an ammo run, I guess? Solar for Cabal...

I would think any shotgun would be great for PoE.

I really like the sword breaker and universal remote. Haven't really had a chance to play with invective or 4th horseman since they are both un-leved, but I'm sure they all come in very handy.

I can't see myself bringing any sniper rifle into PoE, probably shotguns and fusion rifles will be preferred.

RIP Black Hammer
I think having one sniper on the fireteam (or at least someone willing to switch to one conditionally) will actually be pretty valuable.

Deku Tree

Forgive me if it's already been brought up, but I noticed this in the BTS video:

W6bp7Rh.png

The original launch and TDB exclusives end at the same time which is pretty interesting. Curious if all the exclusive stuff to date will come to Xbox all at once with Comet.

That's what everyone expects unless there is some new deal that comes into play which makes the content exclusive for longer.

GutZ31

That's what everyone expects unless there is some new deal that comes into play which makes the content exclusive for longer.

The contract can't be changed so easily, but a new contract could be made for anything for and after comet.

You're a meanie...

I don't even want everything, just the stuff I know I'll use.

#4ever Fatebringerless

Anyone want to do a few Templar runs?

1. GutZ31
?.

PROFIT!

GutZ31

Well it says "until at least fall 2015" so the "at least" part conveys some level of uncertainty.

It would suggest, in my understanding until "The next major DLC is released".
In that case, we have no certainty of when Comet is released, and would explain the ambiguity.

Deku Tree

Listening to IGN Fireteam Chat. "Discipline is the melee cooldown right? Right."

Yeah we all know most of the people on that show are at best very casual Destiny players. It wouldn't be "fireteam IGN chat" if they didn't say something completely ignorant about Destiny at least once per episode.

Hole up and regen ammo instead of risking an ammo run, I guess? Solar for Cabal...

I think having one sniper on the fireteam (or at least someone willing to switch to one conditionally) will actually be pretty valuable.
if that person had invective and IB, then switching wouldn't penalize them too much, they'd just have to wait on ammo regen.

Can we extend Hawkmoon exclusivity? It is the only weapon I do well with in crucible, I don't understand how people say TLW and Thorn are better.

Yeah. That became apparent to me when watching Datto stagger that giant Hive knight with the Black Hammer. 3 Blinding Bubble Titans could safely mess that guy up.

ocean

Banned
Can we extend Hawkmoon exclusivity? It is the only weapon I do well with in crucible, I don't understand how people say TLW and Thorn are better.
Why would you want it to stay exclusive? I'd be more than glad if our Xbox brethren could enjoy that beast.

And if you're referring to "I hope Xur never sells it", it won't change PvP significantly. Anyone who's good can wreck with TLW, Thorn, Red Death.

LTWood12

I can't stand listening to fran. Facepalm every episode.

Yeah we all know most of the people on that show are at best very casual Destiny players. It wouldn't be "fireteam IGN chat" if they didn't say something completely ignorant about Destiny at least once per episode.

haha, yeah, I can't stand how much of a know-it-all Destin is; especially when he says stuff wrong all the time. I actually like Fran, but every episode he says multiple things that are just blatantly wrong.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
When did Gjallarhorn become such a thing?

I'm sure it wasn't as talked about way back when.

Also: how old is everyone here...? With all the talk of finals and such I'm getting a rather self-conscious feeling that I'm the only one in my thirties. :/

stb

Belated raid summary for 2015-05-05, "After Work Drinks" edition

Team 1: 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) captscience (PSN captscience)
5) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
6) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)

First off, captscience showed up drunk. He had apparently stopped for "after work drinks" before raiding. With that context...

Gorgon's chest NM
- we didn't get the CP, so we we did't do this

Gorgon's chest HM 3x
- captscience "warmed up" the chest with his Thurnderlord for Dave_6 to finally get his, and... science got another Tlord. In fairness to science, he DID apologize profusely.
- Verde pulled Monte Carlo (new to him)
- GRIP pulled a Hawkmoon
- not a bad showing for the chests

1x NM CE full
- captscience had the Thrallway CP, so we skipped Abyss-Bridge. Thrallway was easy peasy, and my warlock ass was the only one to make the chest door.

3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill
- despite science's difficulty with manual dexterity, we did pretty well. 2 wipes, I think? And one was just bad communication when Crota was alllllllmost dead.
- Verde pulled 4th horseman (his second "new to him" exotic of the night)
- a few other exotics, but nothing exciting/needed (a LW or 2, and a few others)

fresh HM VoG Spire - Confluxes ?? Edit: we got the HM Oracles CP. Thanks deku!
- skipped

Oracles/Templar
- Oracles without incident (well, other than StereoType not knowing how to start the cheese)
- Oracles yielded no Foils
- Verde, that sonofabitch, got 2 Fatebringers IN ONE DROP
- A few pieces of armor, but nothing anyone sounded excited about
- spirit bloom chest didn't appear

Gorgons/Jumping puzzle/gk
- Got through Gorgon maze first shot (an accomplishment for us)
- jumping puzzle... guardians shouldn't let guardians jumping puzzle drunk. I think poor captscience tried the jumps upwards of ten times before he gave up and went to orbit; he came back after we'd gotten the GK CP. The worst/funniest jumping performance I can recall *slow clap*
- captscience's woes didn't end at the jumping puzzle. In fairness to him, we basically all say "not it!" when we're deciding who goes in the portals for the relics, and science bravely "volunteers" every week. His fingers couldn't keep up with his brain, or his brain with his fingers, though, so we struggled here until we decided to send a 3rd person into both portals to fire a rocket or 2. We cleared it on the second(?) try after electing to do that.

3x Atheon kill
- no problems; maybe one random wipe
- Dave_6 snagged 2 AE in one drop, and there was a Vex or two, as well as at least one CM
- no exciting exotics

Oracles/Templar
- we had some time, and managed to preserve the Oracles CP, so we gave it one more shot
- oracles without incident, but no Foils
- Templar we did a pretty good job on this time, and Stereotype(?) pulled a FB

Summary
- captscience's inebriation made for high jinks
- my personal loot drought continues (VoG gloves for my warlock and a 2nd MIDA in 4 or 5 weeks)
- still no Hawkmoon for me, despite seeing 5(?) drop for the fireteam
- Verde had the best loot night of his Destiny career: 2 FB in one drop, 2 exotics he didn't previously have (out of 6 he needed), misc other drops
- Stereotype got a FB that I don't THINK was going to end up sharded
- no one else got anything useful (please correct me if I'm wrong, guys!)
- overall a good time was had by all yet again

Thanks again for fun runs, guys!

Why would you want it to stay exclusive? I'd be more than glad if our Xbox brethren could enjoy that beast.

And if you're referring to "I hope Xur never sells it", it won't change PvP significantly. Anyone who's good can wreck with TLW, Thorn, Red Death.

Referring to Xur not Xbros. And I don't know I truly think Hawkmoon is easier than the Thorn, TLW and Red Death.

Shito

When did Gjallarhorn become such a thing?

I'm sure it wasn't as talked about way back when.

Also: how old is everyone here...? With all the talk of finals and such I'm getting a rather self-conscious feeling that I'm the only one in my thirties. :/
Define "way back then". :)
When it first showed up at Xur waaaaaaay back then, you're right, it was not regarded yet as the best weapon of the game. Things quickly changed, though. ^^

Also, I'll be 36 next week...

Nuszka

And Nuscka got his first Vex and my friend Pibe got his first Hawkmoon all from Atheon last night!

Yeah i was to tired last night to even enjoy it properly, absolutely wrecked today but i still need to get the fatebringer. Think our mission is to get you the crocks now.

jiiikoo

Banned
Didn't have any luck getting someone to join me for the Nightfall, so lets try again. Anyone wanna run nightfall once with me? psn jiiikoo

noomi

To be honest, I really don't like exclusivity. It prevents certain weapons from going into Xur's stock, and then certain maps from being included in the nightfall rotation.

I hope going forward they will do away with exclusivity.

As for which Handcannon is the best.... they all have their pros/cons but the best one is the one you get the most kills with :D As much as I LOVE the Hawkmoon, the Thorn always yields the most kills for me.

Belated raid summary....

I always enjoy reading your summaries stb, sorry you didn't get the Hawkmoon yet though :(

Deku Tree

Looks to be a rocket launcher. Could it be the Gjallarhorn's Mega Evolution?

The first perk looks like it says "charge rate" and the second perk looks like it says "blast radius" but both are very blurry and it's an old type weapon with attack power nodes to fill in and it is 360 attack with nodes filled in in a weird unusual way... So not 365 attack... Not sure if real or fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom