• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jojje_1341584044.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Define "way back then". :)
When it first showed up at Xur waaaaaaay back then, you're right, it was not regarded yet as the best weapon of the game. Things quickly changed, though. ^^

Also, I'll be 36 next week...

Yeah. All the way back in autumn 2014! When I was 33 :)

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Would anyone like to try the weekly heroic strike at level 24? Mic or no mic don't mind.

Oh - and to ascend, do my items need to be fully upgraded? Sorry for the obvious questions, I'm just trying to catch up here!

To be honest, I really don't like exclusivity. It prevents certain weapons from going into Xur's stock, and then certain maps from being included in the nightfall rotation.

I hope going forward they will do away with exclusivity.

As for which Handcannon is the best.... they all have their pros/cons but the best one is the one you get the most kills with :D As much as I LOVE the Hawkmoon, the Thorn always yields the most kills for me.

I always enjoy reading your summaries stb, sorry you didn't get the Hawkmoon yet though :(

I don't know how people do better with the Thorn it is so big and bulky and blocks most of my screen so I end up over shooting.

When did Gjallarhorn become such a thing?

I'm sure it wasn't as talked about way back when.

Also: how old is everyone here...? With all the talk of finals and such I'm getting a rather self-conscious feeling that I'm the only one in my thirties. :/

33 here, and theres plenty of us old man gaf here :)

Also: how old is everyone here...? With all the talk of finals and such I'm getting a rather self-conscious feeling that I'm the only one in my thirties. :/

25 Dont feel oldish? since I am still in school or rather grad school.

stb

There won't be a reason to run crota at all, unless you're looking for mats.

For the players who have all exotics and raid gear, what reason is there to run raids, esp Crota; aside from mats for glimmer/motes? The new HoW exotics won't drop from VoG or CE.

I'll run VoG because it's fun but CE will be irrelevant.

For a few weeks to get exotics for shards, if people want to horde coins, I guess. Still need eshards to ascend all your exotics.

I wonder how and when Bungie is going to release the Playstation content to Xbox users.

After vanilla and two expansions, it's a lot of content to dump onto players (in a good way). Maybe it'll come with Comet.

God I hope Comet doesn't have any locked exclusive content...please end this trend, Bungie.

edit: I'm 31. Tons of random players I've played this game with are married and have kids. It's definitely an older demo than other shooters.

dude, early 40's here... :|

Namikaze1

No more Humanities courses! I'm fucking free!

Celebrate with me, DGAF! I'll be taking the celebrations over to a flawless VoG HM run!

That's right! Flawless Vault of Glass Hard Mode! We doing this old school. Ain't no one got time for kiddy Crota!

PS4 only FLAWLESS VoG HM (full run)
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

stb

I always enjoy reading your summaries stb, sorry you didn't get the Hawkmoon yet though :(

Thanks; we have a lot of fun on reset nights, so I like sharing it. I hope all the groups have as good a time.

I always look forward to these. Another dry run for me but fun as always nonetheless!

*Please Xur, don't fail me tomorrow*

Starting now, it will be our week, Dave. You're gonna get your Tlord, and I'm gonna get my HM.

Deku Tree

I wonder how and when Bungie is going to release the Playstation content to Xbox users.

After vanilla and two expansions, it's a lot of content to dump onto players (in a good way). Maybe it'll come with Comet.

God I hope Comet doesn't have any locked exclusive content...please end this trend, Bungie.

edit: I'm 31. Tons of random players I've played this game with are married and have kids. It's definitely an older demo than other shooters.

Comet will have extra stuff for PSN users unless they ended the contract IMO because maybe Sony took the CoD deal from MS.

spyder_ur

I'm 30. I've gathered that DestinyGaf might skew a bit older than some other games. I don't really have any stats or anything, but quite often I hear kids in the background when playing with people here, and there's often talking of the Junior Guardians (kids) who play.

I think it's really cool that way. I always love hearing stories of Hawkian shepherding someone's kid through the Nightfall or something. I just wish there was a way to know kids were around and I shouldn't swear - I guess maybe I should just swear less in general. F*** that though.

spyder_ur

Thanks; we have a lot of fun on reset nights, so I like sharing it. I hope all the groups have as good a time.

Starting now, it will be our week, Dave. You're gonna get your Tlord, and I'm gonna get my HM.

Nice recap. You would've gotten them if I were there this week, you know, because I've been such a good luck charm all of the other times. I do need a section on all the ways Grip communicated with people without a mic.

noomi

30 next month, married with no kids....yet :D

Deku Tree

Wow the "loadouts" feature on the tower guardian app is incredible. Bungie should work that into their own App. Makes it like one button press to swap your preferred loadout to your current toon.

24 and working, and I think I'm on the younger end of the DestinyGAF scale

I think it's really cool that way. I always love hearing stories of Hawkian shepherding someone's kid through the Nightfall or something. I just wish there was a way to know kids were around and I shouldn't swear - I guess maybe I should just swear less in general. F*** that though.

Yeah I think I have that same problem

I'm 30. I've gathered that DestinyGaf might skew a bit older than some other games, but I don't really have any stats or anything, but quite often I hear kids in the background when playing with people here, and there's often talking of the Junior Guardians (kids) who play.

I think it's really cool that way. I always love hearing stories of Hawkian shepherding someone's kid through the Nightfall or something. I just wish there was a way to know kids were around and I shouldn't swear - I guess maybe I should just swear less.

PWH's or Ghaleon's kids are the main ones I know of. Use to play with them here and there awhile ago when I did play before Bloodborne and Dark Souls 2 was release on Ps4.. And the last age thread actually had a polls and charts :p Think the average for GAF was around 27ish?

Well back to slaughtering and achieving victory.
actually I am going to bed..yeah at around noon EST..sleeping habits are strange

Namikaze1

No one? Fine, I'll solo it myself.

How does one solo the gate again?

It became a thing as soon as vids of Atheon being taken down in seconds by a team of 6 Gjallarhorns sprouted up.

Anyway, I recently turned 22.

Belated raid summary for 2015-05-05, "After Work Drinks" edition

Thanks stb! And thanks to everyone for putting up with my shenanigans. After that jumping puzzle trauma, I was legitimately concerned going into last night VoG that I had developed the yips, similar to how a pitcher can't fight the plate suddenly. I promise I won't self enable hard mode next week!

Besides the TLord, I managed to pull a much desired second Fatebringer. Fingers crossed for you this Friday Dave!

dude, low 40's here... :|

Old man reaction time DGAF checking in. I'm 38.

20, reckon I'm youngest in the thread.

And damn we really need an exotic arc rocket launcher. We have two solar rocket launchers for some reason. One is a complete piece of shit

Lnkn52

Wow the "loadouts" feature on the tower guardian app is incredible. Bungie should work that into their own App. Makes it like one button press to swap your preferred loadout to your current toon.

Holy smokes, you ain't kidding. This is a time saver by ten folds. Buying this dude a beer.

RetroMG

Nah, you're not. I'm 34, but I didn't go to College after High School, which I personally consider one of my biggest mistakes in life. A couple years ago my wife encouraged me to start taking online classes to finally get my Bachelors in Information Technology, and this January I left my job to become a full-time student.

Which also leaves me way too much free time for Destiny.

noomi

Holy smokes, you ain't kidding. This is a time saver by ten folds. Buying this dude a beer.

I'm too afraid to use this, If I ever lost my gear /endofdestinyforever

After last night i thought Macellos voice was sexy lol.

In a way... we all have sexy voices :D

Dave_6

If Xur doesn't have the TLord tomorrow, you will get a HM before the TLord will ever drop for me.

In regards to the age talk, I'm 36 going on 37 here soon.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Screw it. Gonna do Weekly instead since I haven't done it yet.

I can join in if you wont like the matchmaking

I'm up for this...

---

Chuffed to hear all you creaky oldies weighing in!

I'm post-degree, post-postgrad and have been in legal practice for nearly five years now. 12 years in a relationship and engaged (but not yet married / civilly partnered), no kids (but 4 animals) and no mortgage yet, so I give myself a 6/10 on the proper grown up scale. Destiny is my go to game when I have time off from work. If I'm being honest I find it hard to keep on top of all the goings on when I'm working full time. Raid time is also limited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom