• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

With no CPs everyone is going to be looking for those "need one for level 35 PoE at final phase b/c my friends quit" posts.

It's gonna be like

ShmmKj5e27D68.gif

24 year old checking in, one month away from graduating from my Neuroscience master program.
I had no idea about the age, you all sound young. You probably stay young by playing video games.

Namikaze1

I can join in if you end up with a poor matchmaking

Anyone with GORGON and DS NM CP?

I'm up for this...

---

Chuffed to hear all you creaky oldies weighing in!

I'm post-degree, post-postgrad and have been in legal practice for nearly five years now. 12 years in a relationship and engaged (but not yet married / civilly partnered), no kids (but 4 animals) and no mortgage yet, so I give myself a 6/10 on the proper grown up scale. Destiny is my go to game when I have time off from work. If I'm being honest I find it hard to keep on top of all the goings on when I'm working full time. Raid time is also limited.
Left to orbit cause I didn't realized neither of my teammates moved from the spawn area.

If you two are still interested, join on me. I believe I still have you on my friend list, sploatee.

Namikaze1

Flawless Crota made you all weak!

Back in my days, we have to deal with confluxes, a Templar, a damn jumping puzzle, and an angry Ultron wannabe! You kids and your wizards and ogres and shit.

oldmanyellingatclouds.jpg

When did Gjallarhorn become such a thing?

I'm sure it wasn't as talked about way back when.

Also: how old is everyone here...? With all the talk of finals and such I'm getting a rather self-conscious feeling that I'm the only one in my thirties. :/

Nah dude, I'm 33, my age by itself doesn't bother me when I'm in GAF space.

What makes me feel a bit self-concious is that I'm not married nor have any kids yet at my age when others here are younger and have families already. Feel the same way in RL so it's not a GAF thing.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Flawless Crota made you all weak!

Back in my days, we have to deal with confluxes, a Templar, a damn jumping puzzle, and an angry Ultron wannabe! You kids and your wizards and ogres and shit.

oldmanyellingatclouds.jpg

Haha!

I tell ye, I remember strutting around the tower in my fresh Chatterwhite.

Ophelion

I'm...28?

I think. I basically stopped counting after 21.

I don't have a girlfriend anymore, nor do I have kids. I work a full-time job for an online insurance brokerage as a kind of...QA supervisor I guess you'd call it. What do you call it when you have all the responsibilities and stresses of being a manager, but your company is too cheap to give you any of the money or benefits of actually being a manager?

I'm that.

As a result, I'm Ron Swansoning the crap out of my job. Like, I'm "working" right now. Destiny is my pressure release valve.

37. Just finished graduate school in fiction and getting married in September. Working on a novel and hope to be a professor someday. Spent much of my 20s dazed and confused, so getting started on the family thing a little later.

On another note, tried to kill Crota HM twice this week with Gaffers unsuccessfully. Still dreaming of Gjallarhorn and Hawkmoon. If anyone wants to try to take him down today, let me know. Have the CP on two characters now.

GRIP

Belated raid summary for 2015-05-05, "After Work Drinks" edition

Very disappointed you gave no mention to all the 4th Horseman drops I was getting ;p

And on the topic of age, it's kinda funny that after recently turning 29 I'm still one of the youngsters in our group.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah i was to tired last night to even enjoy it properly, absolutely wrecked today but i still need to get the fatebringer. Think our mission is to get you the crocks now.
Get me that damn Crux! At least we'll have some 33s in two weeks.
Also: how old is everyone here...? With all the talk of finals and such I'm getting a rather self-conscious feeling that I'm the only one in my thirties. :/
37 here, but I'm one of the older members.

Nuszka

Oh ok so we are playing "show me yours i show you mine" now
Edit : 31 here married for 7 years, no kids, will add a pic later , currently on lunch break , another 5 hours and i am off.

rNilla

I wonder how many in the 30+ crowd here were playing video games before those in their 20s and under's parents even met.

belmakor

First post in here!

Have 3 level 30+ characters and looking for people to run weeklies, nightfalls and the raids with. Have a lot of experience with the strikes, but have only run VoG twice and Crota once so far so wouldn't mind getting to tag along with some more experienced raiders to get this stuff figured out.

On PSN and my user name is the same as here, BelmakoR.

And since everyone else seems to be divulging their age, I'm 36.

Looking forward to playing with you all!

RetroMG

I wonder how many in the 30+ crowd here were playing video games before those in their 20s and under's parents even met.

If I'm understanding your question correctly: Me.

First post in here!

Have 3 level 30+ characters and looking for people to run weeklies, nightfalls and the raids with. Have a lot of experience with the strikes, but have only run VoG twice and Crota once so far so wouldn't mind getting to tag along with some more experienced raiders to get this stuff figured out.

Welcome!

First post in here!

Welcome! Taking raid rookies along is something many of us really enjoy so speak up whenever you want to raid I'm sure you can get a group together.

. . . since everyone else seems to be divulging their age . . .

All information is being compiled into a massive database by Sepkis Prime and will be used to control the fate of our futures.

No seriously.

EJRobinson90 -> I was playing Sega Genesis and kicking ass at Madden in 1990.

I'm part of oldGAF, turn 32 tomorrow

Edit: kaz you definitely don't sound like your in your 40s lol
and my wife will tell you that i certainly don't act it either!!! :D
and happy birthday! great way to celebrate a little early, GUARDIAN LORD!

herestoyou.gif
edit:
This... I honestly thought you would be my age (early 20s)
thanks! kinda makes me wonder if i need to do some growing up... lol

Nah, you're 14, it's already been decided. See above.
DON'T FORGET THE HALF! 14 & 1/2!
gotmyeyesonyou.gif

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
First post in here!

Hi!

I have no idea what you are talking about. You did good.

Thanks dude!

Respect your elders, son. We earned these grey hairs.

Shhhh! Destiny is my hair dye!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom