• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raindoc

No more Humanities courses! I'm fucking free!

Celebrate with me, DGAF! I'll be taking the celebrations over to a flawless VoG HM run!

That's right! Flawless Vault of Glass Hard Mode! We doing this old school. Ain't no one got time for kiddy Crota!

PS4 only FLAWLESS VoG HM (full run)
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

You know what, I'm one month away from my MD but all serious work is done. Assuming my thesis isn't torn into pieces in the next couple of days.
So I'm in, but let's up the challenge: Drunk Flawless VoG HM.

EDIT: anyone in need of a Gorgons' CP? NM or HM.

Deku Tree

First post in here!

Have 3 level 30+ characters and looking for people to run weeklies, nightfalls and the raids with. Have a lot of experience with the strikes, but have only run VoG twice and Crota once so far so wouldn't mind getting to tag along with some more experienced raiders to get this stuff figured out.

On PSN and my user name is the same as here, BelmakoR.

And since everyone else seems to be divulging their age, I'm 36.

Looking forward to playing with you all!

Welcome! Add me if you want: PS4 DekuBleep

RetroMG

All right. I just realized that I just spent the last half hour organizing my inventory. I need to go run something. What are the kids into these days? VoG? Crota? I'm agreeable.

Gala

37. Just finished graduate school in fiction and getting married in September. Working on a novel and hope to be a professor someday. Spent much of my 20s dazed and confused, so getting started on the family thing a little later.

On another note, tried to kill Crota HM twice this week with Gaffers unsuccessfully. Still dreaming of Gjallarhorn and Hawkmoon. If anyone wants to try to take him down today, let me know. Have the CP on two characters now.

I'm home in 4 hours, if you need someone for Crota I'm in then.

First post in here!

Have 3 level 30+ characters and looking for people to run weeklies, nightfalls and the raids with. Have a lot of experience with the strikes, but have only run VoG twice and Crota once so far so wouldn't mind getting to tag along with some more experienced raiders to get this stuff figured out.

On PSN and my user name is the same as here, BelmakoR.

And since everyone else seems to be divulging their age, I'm 36.

Looking forward to playing with you all!

Welcome! Great community here with lots of people who love this game.

Add me. Psn: thenal84

All information is being compiled into a massive database by Sepkis Prime and will be used to control the fate of our futures.

No seriously.

EJRobinson90 -> I was playing Sega Genesis and kicking ass at Madden in 1990.
dude... do you even game? ;-)
atari dungeon... early '80's...
the days of the real chalice

Rehsa

Respect your elders, son. We earned these grey hairs.

Had grays since I was 18 lol
and my wife will tell you that i certainly don't act it either!!! :D
and happy birthday! great way to celebrate a little early, GUARDIAN LORD!

herestoyou.gif

DON'T FORGET THE HALF! 14 & 1/2!
gotmyeyesonyou.gif
Haha right, I will never grow up :p. Thanks it was a good early bday gift, and good celebrating with you all :) Maybe I can do a drunk raid tomorrow night, sounds like fun
Narmer Hardmode! :D

With no CPs everyone is going to be looking for those "need one for level 35 PoE at final phase b/c my friends quit" posts.

It's gonna be like

ShmmKj5e27D68.gif

Worst yet, disconnects or orbit boots. This might be the worst idea ever. I guess it prevents cp sharing. Why play phase 1-4 when you only get gear at phase 5. But i think the cons out weigh the pros by a large margin

raindoc

All information is being compiled into a massive database by Sepkis Prime and will be used to control the fate of our futures.

No seriously.

EJRobinson90 -> I was playing Sega Genesis and kicking ass at Madden in 1990.

Pffff. My first game was Space Invaders on my father's Commodore in the 80ies. Black and white pixels as big as a baby's thumb. ;)

@Ray, i'll send you an invite.

RetroMG

I just realized something I love about Tower Ghost over DIM. The fact that you can choose whether or not to equip something means you can have loadouts that include equipped and stored weapons.

That means with one move I can move my Black Hammer and my Ice Breaker to a character, equip the Black Hammer, and keep Ice Breaker in my inventory in case I need it. Same with my Gjallarhorn and Thunderlord. I can also throw my MIDA and my Red Death into my inventory in case I need one of them during a raid.

Atone13

37. Just finished graduate school in fiction and getting married in September. Working on a novel and hope to be a professor someday. Spent much of my 20s dazed and confused, so getting started on the family thing a little later.

On another note, tried to kill Crota HM twice this week with Gaffers unsuccessfully. Still dreaming of Gjallarhorn and Hawkmoon. If anyone wants to try to take him down today, let me know. Have the CP on two characters now.

I'd be up for a HM crota if you're okay dragging a 31 through it :) Keep in mind I have a fully upgraded Ghally! if that helps sway the decision one way or another lol.

Also since it seems to be a thing since I got on here this morning, this coming Wednesday I'll be 33.

nOoblet16

Just came back home after voting, all went well and no one suspected that I was not even British !
I am allowed to vote because I am from a commonwealth country

Now who wants to get 1x HM Crota and Oracle/Templar done ?

Namikaze1

Haha!

I tell ye, I remember strutting around the tower in my fresh Chatterwhite.
I still do.

Especially since everyone has moved on to one of TDB's shaders.

Get off our lawn!
Your lawn sucks!

*runs off*

You know what, I'm one month away from my MD but all serious work is done. Assuming my thesis isn't torn into pieces in the next couple of days.
So I'm in, but let's up the challenge: Drunk Flawless VoG HM.

EDIT: anyone in need of a Gorgons' CP? NM or HM.
But it's Thursday. I can't get drunk on a Thursday! What will I do on Friday?

GutZ31

Had one of these around 1980, but my dad returned it because we spent too much time in front of it. Played the atari at my aunt's house, but never had my own. Want until 1983 when I had my very own NES at home. I was 9.

I am 30, and have played 'almost' every system that was released in the US, as well as a few that never did.

Early childhood memories recall an early frog bog game on an activision.
frog_bog.png

Had other games for it, but remember that stupid one the most.

Around 6, I had my first NES, and played all the greatest hits. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mega Man, Duck Hunt, and many more.

Moved up to SNES at 9 I think, and played Sega at friends houses.

Moved up to Sega Saturn, then PlayStation/PS2, then backtracked to some older systems, N64, so on.

Got Dreamcast for Phantasy Star Online and was convinced the future was online multiplayer.

OG Xbox comes out, and I am too busy playing all the PS2 games. Later pick one up and hack the fuck out of it.
Get a GameCube, love Metroid Prime.

PS3, then Wii. Return Wii after days because I was so disappointed in the Metroid game.

Stay with PS3 for most of its life, then buy a 360 when I felt the failure rate was no longer an issue.

Got a PS4. Here we are.

This was my setup for a good 4 months.

Also, Kor is turning 30 in July. At least TeaParty is still a hottie:

That's not a bad idea. I wasn't skinny before, but between a long winter, quitting smoking, and Destiny, I've become a real fat ass.

The smoking thing is two fold...a. I still use food to replace cravings on occasion and b. I don't get up and walk outside every 45 minutes to an hour. I used to putter around the garage while smoking, but now I just putter around the couch.

Edit: Oh, we're posting pics! Had to redistribute the slave labor this week, and pulled the youngest off of Destiny grinding duty for some outside work:

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thirty and a half. Feels good. Being an adult and being more assured that I have life figured out is nice. I just need the Radiant Dance Machines and then I can be truly fulfilled.

That's not a bad idea. I wasn't skinny before, but between a long winter, quitting smoking, and Destiny, I've become a real fat ass.

The smoking thing is two fold...a. I still use food to replace cravings on occasion and b. I don't get up and walk outside every 45 minutes to an hour. I used to putter around the garage while smoking, but now I just putter around the couch.

This setup was done because my wife was waking up an hour before I was everyday because she needed the extra time. Rather than sleep in the extra hour I was just loading up games on emulators and playing some stuff on my backlog and such. For some reason I couldn't play FPS games. RPGs worked the best. I did manage to play through Shadow of the Colossus, though.

Destiny has inadvertently caused me to regain about 20 pounds though.

tick221

I quit smoking about 10 years ago and still haven't lost the weight I put on quitting

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I was a commadore kid.
80s console wars!
Come at me mac users!

Boom!

C64 was my first taste of gaming :)

I wonder if there's something about Destiny that skews a bit older or if it's just GAF.

either way, I now fully hereby and henceforth accept that I was ultimately and incontrovertibly mistaken in my heretoforemade declaration thus that DGAF was largely constituted of 12 year old prodigies whose youthful and yet-to-be-corrupted reflexes would unavoidably and inevitably make me feel as if I was first born when Moses decided it would be a nice idea to leave Egypt.

raindoc

Too much for me. I haven't drank in a while and honestly I don't feel like doing so any time soon. Probably just gonna stick to drinking on special occasions and whatnot.

Boooooh!
smart move

EDIT: I'm using 100 PPP, not 50, I swear - so totally not top of the page *whistles*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom