• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am 30, and have played 'almost' every system that was released in the US, as well as a few that never did.

Early childhood memories recall an early frog bog game on an activision.
frog_bog.png

Had other games for it, but remember that stupid one the most.

Around 6, I had my first NES, and played all the greatest hits. Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Mega Man, Duck Hunt, and many more.

Moved up to SNES at 9 I think, and played Sega at friends houses.

Moved up to Sega Saturn, then PlayStation/PS2, then backtracked to some older systems, N64, so on.

Got Dreamcast for Phantasy Star Online and was convinced the future was online multiplayer.

OG Xbox comes out, and I am too busy playing all the PS2 games. Later pick one up and hack the fuck out of it.
Get a GameCube, love Metroid Prime.

PS3, then Wii. Return Wii after days because I was so disappointed in the Metroid game.

Stay with PS3 for most of its life, then buy a 360 when I felt the failure rate was no longer an issue.

Got a PS4. Here we are.
sans Saturn/DC, you and i had a very similar track, despite my being 12 years your senior :)

noomi

lots of people in the 30's+ here :D

I like it! now I don't feel like the only "relic" here anymore.... NAMI! :p

Also nice pics guys, cool to see some of you. Mine is a few pages back.

Ophelion

This picture is a few years old, but still largely representative of what I look like. Except I dye my hair blonde now. And wear glasses. And tend to wear red instead of blue. But you get the idea.

1918879_1266604621731_7932127_n.jpg

Namikaze1

I played every system ever released.

"But Nami, you're 22, youngster."

My uncle introduced me to gaming when I was 3.

First game: Mortal Kombat for Sega Genesis.

Second game: Bubble Bobble for NES

Edit: Oh, we're posting pics! Had to redistribute the slave labor this week, and pulled the youngest off of Destiny grinding duty for some outside work:

gmBnXiZ.jpg
First, Destiny grinding and now this? You're a cruel man, Hudson. :p

I'm gonna do the same thing once I have kids. Gonna even teach them to drive and do the groceries for me. :p

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Seeing as I have a new tattoo I will share a pic with you which will then disappear in mysterious circumstances.

What's the best way to share to a forum and then erase forever from the Internet?

I played every system ever released.

"But Nami, you're 22, youngster."

My uncle introduced me to gaming when I was 3.

First game: Mortal Kombat for Sega Genesis.

Second game: Bubble Bobble for NES

First, Destiny grinding and now this? You're a cruel man, Hudson. :p

I'm gonna do the same thing once I have kids. Gonna even teach them to drive and do the groceries for me. :p

Holy shit, I just did part of the spoiler last week. We needed milk and bread, so I parked the car at the grocery store, told them to go get some milk and bread, and then followed them about 20 feet back the whole time. They did great, and only got me when it was time to pay. They thought that they may get into trouble trying to use my debit card.

RetroMG

Looking for two more for HM Crota. Have Checkpoint. We'll be doing VoG afterwards, too.

1. Nooblet
2. RetroMG
3. Raybunzy
4. Raindoc

Namikaze1

Holy shit, I just did part of the spoiler last week. We needed milk and bread, so I parked the car at the grocery store, told them to go get some milk and bread, and then followed them about 20 feet back the whole time. They did great, and only got me when it was time to pay. They thought that they may get into trouble trying to use my debit card.
Won't be long before you have your personal chauffeur. :p

What are the other two blank circles that spin off from the central vestian reef space? The populated one was the level 28 PoE, and it then had a further 3 that spun off to be 32/34/35 missions.

I guess one will unblank as ToO but what's the third?

I've read quite a lot of reveal articles etc but not seen this discussed anywhere.

pic of me with my kids, on a break from riding our bikes on a local trail.
wifey is taking the pic
XigDJvj.jpg

edit: my son is almost 9, and he's asking when i'm gonna let him play Destiny...
we only have 1 PS4, so it may be a while...

Selfies you say? Here's two from the top of Huangshan a few weeks ago when I walked a total of 16,600 steps with my ^&%*ing gout!

dtEKqtbl.jpg

N78w1QDl.jpg

Take THAT CaptScience and your marathon!

Namikaze1

Since we're posting pics, here's mine.

CEa0A0YW8AAzJUY.jpg:orig

It's from last year. I'm camera shy so there's not that many pictures of me. This was taken in my best friend's dorm room when I visited him to attend Boston Anime. He's a huge Final Fantasy fan thus why you see what's her name in the back.

And yes, I can do the Rorschach voice. Well I used to.

PuMa

It's from last year. I'm camera shy so there's not that many pictures of me. This was taken in my best friend's dorm room when I visited him to attend Boston Anime. He's a huge Final Fantasy fan thus why you see what's her name in the back.

Doesn't count!

pic of me with my kids, on a break from riding our bikes on a local trail.
wifey is taking the pic
XigDJvj.jpg

edit: my son is almost 9, and he's asking when i'm gonna let him play Destiny...
we only have 1 PS4, so it may be a while...

If he does start playing, let me know and I'll pm you my kid's PSNs.

PuMa

The only few I have on my Facebook account are from my graduation and sophomore year of high school! I tend to avoid cameras!

Fake edit: I may have one from at least 2 years ago. I think. I'm not sure.

But then how am I supposed to recognize you when I'm in new haven???

PS - did you ever finally move out of that shitty neighborhood you were in?

Namikaze1

But then how am I supposed to recognize you when I'm in new haven???

PS - did you ever finally move out of that shitty neighborhood you were in?
Do you want me to post a 4 year old pic of me cause that's all I have. :p

Alas, we're still searching for a good place. Every time we find a nice looking house, someone makes an offer the next day.

Anastasis

And yes, I can do the Rorschach voice. Well I used to.

Gotta say, you kind of look like an Awoken. The Queen's brother in a suit?

Namikaze1

Fine!

CEa2_ASWMAEy75p.jpg:orig

This is a 4 year old pic. Like I said, I'm camera shy and don't have any photos of me maskless since then. The only few I have that were taken recently were of my visit to Boston Anime and I was Rorschach as you can see a few posts above.

The pic is of me and my dad.

PuMa

Do you want me to post a 4 year old pic of me cause that's all I have. :p

Alas, we're still searching for a good place. Every time we find a nice looking house, someone makes an offer the next day.

Nah, I was just giving a hard time...hopefully you find something soon!

spyder_ur

Nice. Since we're posting pics and talking fitness, I'll take the opportunity to brag that a Destiny obsession and fitness aren't mutually exclusive. Taken from the Boston Marathon a few weeks ago
Finished in 2:56:30
:

FKJVUG0.jpg

Awesome. I used to work no more than 2 or 3 blocks from where this was taken. And sorry about the weather again.

LkPr

Anybody running a 3x Crota HM from Crota tonight and need an extra body? On PS4 and would love to knock this out for the week.

I've got the Crota HM CP and would like to try and run it tonight - won't be til like 10PM EST tho.

We tried for like an hour last night, no go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom