• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I discussed this with Unstable last night, but the Vespian Dynast pistol is classified as a 'Sidearm' instead of a hand cannon. Which is interesting because something like the Vex Mythoclast, NLB, or Universal Remote is categorized as what they are despite being a different slot-IE Shotgun for UE or Fusion Rifle for VXM.

So possibly a new category of weapons?

Well, it's definitely not a hand cannon, it's impact is way too low for that. So yeah, could be a new weapon class, though I expect the Vestian to be the only one in it for a while.

jem0208

I guess that depends on how you'd define a game's "final" boss.

I'd probably say that the final boss of Vanilla Destiny is Atheon though.
Eh, final story mission then.

Honestly, that ending somehow manages to be worse than Borderlands 1. That's no small feat.

welcome friend

they were actually much bigger than normal hobgoblins, if I remember right

Pretty sure they weren't, I just finished 2 minutes ago. They were lobbing the purple stuff Minotaurs do.

GRATS!! Awesome!

Did you beat Hudson? Haha lol

4AS8e1m.png

Ophelion

Final boss in HM PoE should be a rogue guardian.

The lore talks about guardians corrupted by The Darkness as I understand it, so that option is on the table if they ever want to go there.

Edit: could be cool with PoE especially if the rogue Guardian had a variable loadout, since variation is supposed to be PoE's thing.

RetroMG

So I just realized that I have three Vision of Confluence Scout Rifles now. I also have three Fangs of Ir Yut. I've been keeping a Fang on each of my characters, because it's my favorite primary weapon.

Is there a compelling reason to switch to using Confluence as my primary weapon once I'm able to move it up to the new max level, or should I just shard two of these?

I'll keep one regardless, because, hey, solar scout rifle.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Dredgen Yor was certainly corrupted by the Darkness!
So I just realized that I have three Vision of Confluence Scout Rifles now. I also have three Fangs of Ir Yut. I've been keeping a Fang on each of my characters, because it's my favorite primary weapon.

Is there a compelling reason to switch to using Confluence as my primary weapon once I'm able to move it up to the new max level, or should I just shard two of these?

I'll keep one regardless, because, hey, solar scout rifle.
Full auto makes a big ol' difference to me, you may not care about it. Outside of the elemental burn it's really just preference, they're both great.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Zydron has a weak spot, and he's definitely a minotaur. I think the Sol Progeny were some kind of weird mix.
That's the Gate Lord dealy? Weird. Now I want to replay that mission.

I guess they (the Minds) actually each look different.
images

The middle one is what I think always of as a giant Hobgoblin but the others certainly look Minotaury.

jem0208

Zydron has a weak spot, and he's definitely a minotaur. I think the Sol Progeny were some kind of weird mix.

At the end of the day it doesn't really matter, they all required you to sink a crap ton of bullets into the glowing white bit below their chest.

That was a fairly boring boss battle.

border

Hobgoblins have a tail.

The final bosses in Destiny are Minotaurs with their weak spot exposed. Or Gate Lords, if you prefer.

Battle_with_Zydron.png

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hobgoblins have a tail.

The final bosses in Destiny are Minotaurs with their weak spot exposed. Or Gate Lords, if you prefer.

http://i.imgur.com/xkHCTcL.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]
Eh now I'm thinking they actually look like one beefy Precursor Goblin, one beefy Descendant Goblin, and one something Minotaur Gate Lord whatever.

[IMG]http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20150111231442/destinypedia/images/c/c8/Sol_progeny.jpg

rNilla

If you guys want to be technical they're neither. They're Sol Progeny. And Zydron is a Gate Lord. Duh.

Also what are Minotaurs but beefy looking Goblins? Precursor Minotaurs (or whatever they're called) have that same Precursor head shape.

Kalamari

I always felt that Atheon's right portal Minotaur was the final boss. That dude could do all sorts of powerful shit to end you.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you guys want to be technical they're neither. They're Sol Progeny. And Zydron is a Gate Lord. Duh.

Also what are Minotaurs but beefy looking Goblins? Precursor Minotaurs (or whatever they're called) have that same Precursor head shape.
i can't find any pictures of precursor or descendant minotaurs but you're probably right. So I guess they are big flavors of minotaurs

border

Want do people think will be the best group composition for Prison of Elders?

I am thinking Sunsinger, Sunsinger, and Blade Dancer. The hunter can go cloaked to defuse mines or revive teammates, and the two warlocks give you double wipe protection.

Deku Tree

I am thinking Sunsinger, Sunsinger, and Blade Dancer. The hunter can go cloaked to defuse mines or revive teammates, and the two warlocks give you double wipe protection.

One of each is always good.

ocean

Banned

Where the bubbles at

Seriously though, Saint-14 all over the prison man, all day.

You gonna be on tonight? I need to kill Atheon a couple times and perhaps find someone with some Gorgon CPs. I'm cool doing an NM VoG from the start if necessary.

rNilla

i can't find any pictures of precursor or descendant minotaurs but you're probably right. So I guess they are big flavors of minotaurs

Do you even play this game? Kidding, but ultimately they are all pretty derivative of one another.

You gonna be on tonight? I need to kill Atheon a couple times and perhaps find someone with some Gorgon CPs. I'm cool doing an NM VoG from the start if necessary.

Yea boi.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

One of each, with a Defender Titan willing to switch between weapons and blessing of light depending on modifier, a Hunter willing to switch subclasses as needed for orb generation and utility, and a Sunsinger with Light Beyond Nemesis keeping a super in reserve for late-game saves.

edit: haha, okay, well the wiki calls all of the Sol Progeny, and the Gate Lord and Atheon all minotaurs. Atheon always looked exactly like a giant hobgoblin to me but it is true that he doesn't have a tail (wo meiyo weiba)

Namikaze1

No titans?

Y'all gonna be looking for our bubbles left and right!

GhaleonEB

I'm thinking Sunsinger, Blade Dancer and whatever Titan drops a protective shield.

Alternately, three Blade Dancers. I'd lover to try a run with a three pack of stealth builds using hit and run tactics.
No titans?

Y'all gonna be looking for our bubbles left and right!

Titans will be looking for us left and right.

Because we'll be invisible and stuff.

Frenden

Banned
Titans and Warlocks for bubbles and self-revives. Hunters to kill trash with the GG and generate orbs while maintaining a safe distance.

I think a balanced team is probably the best approach.

For Trials, since the round is over when everyone is dead, I'd say three Sunsingers.

Slayerage, noted Hunter enthusiast, is leveling up a Sunsinger for the first time and preparing to cheese Osiris hard. I'm inclined to agree.

I'm thinking Sunsinger, Blade Dancer and whatever Titan drops a protective shield.

Alternately, three Blade Dancers. I'd lover to try a run with a three pack of stealth builds using hit and run tactics.

Titans will be looking for us left and right.

Because we'll be invisible and stuff.

Shotgun Blink Strike Ninja will be fun.

Every class should do well here. 3 Bubble Titans will just wreck though.

border

Where the bubbles at

Seriously though, Saint-14 all over the prison man, all day.

I feel like bubbles get wasted on revives too frequently anyway, and I value the extra self-rez more. There's certainly a good case to be made for bringing a Defender Titan, though.

Jumping on and hitting the Crucible. If Raiders are ready, I'm down to kill Scrota.

Have CP on 2 characters. It's been that kind of week.

Boogdud

I have no content for this post, other than Hawkian your Keeshond is awesome. We have two Corgis but I often babysit a coworker's Kees. My wife wants to snatch him. Great dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom