• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

raindoc

PoE.gif

The fucking wings on that helmet. :(

Rest of armor looks good but the helmet. The fucking helmet.

I'm a warlock. And partly german. So I got horns the other day. You know what "getting horns" means in german? No - and you don't want to.

That being said I'd rather have horns than wings like that on my helmet and the new Titan helmet makes me wonder if legalizing certain drugs in the Seattle-area was a smart move.

GhaleonEB

My plans on launch day are 1) download the update, and 2) start up a Titan and begin the campaign again, including a run through Eris' quest line in the mix. I want to check out the new rare toys, and see what if any changes HoW makes to the lower level experience.

Once I hit 20 I have a full set of legendary and exotic Titan gear waiting in the vault, along with a Fatebringer, Hawkmoon and Suros to slot in for her primaries. Should be fun.

I'll also get that nostalgia of being way behind everyone else. Y'all will have raided the Prison and I'll be wrapping up the main story for the 3rd time. Whee!

BokehKing

Banned
Thank the lord my ban is over and I am back....so much to talk about

First off....
I hope to never hear Professor Broman's voice...ever again, he ruined what could have been a great presentation. Just him running up and trying to shotgun ogre's and dying immediately was getting on my nerves.

Trials of Osiris looks like a lot of fun and I hope to be running with a lot of you on the weekends for sure.

I am psyched for The Prison of Elders though, I don't mind that they are glorified strikes, if they add more to it (Swords, Relics) of course that would be better, but for now I'm cool with it, I just want the gear that goes along with it.

I already took off the 20th and 21st, so I'm ready to do this.

If anyone is down for any raids or nightfalls, I am around, know it's late in the week.

noomi

so new content goes live on the 19th @ 10am PST / 1PM EST?

Well then, I need to take off the 20th and not the 19th.....

BokehKing

Banned
Seriously?! The freaking expansion won't launch until 1pm EDT? That's bullshit!

So tired of everything happening on 'Bungie time'.

That works out for me, seeing how I took the 20th and 21st off....
though.....I know at some point I'm going to have to put some Witcher 3 time in there as well...maybe...

That works out for me, seeing how I took the 20th and 21st off....
though.....I know at some point I'm going to have to put some Witcher 3 time in there as well...maybe...
I scheduled PTO for the 19th but there's no point in taking off that day. I guess I could move it to Wednesday but now launch day will less exciting. Sucks for those of us who work and have families.

There's no reason they can't have it go live at reset (they did it for TDB). They're just being fucking lazy.

darthbob

I scheduled PTO for the 19th but there's no point in taking off that day. I guess I could move it to Wednesday but now launch day will less exciting. Sucks for those of us who work and have families.

There's no reason they can't have it go live at reset (they did it for TDB). They're just being fucking lazy.

Are you fucking kidding me?

XenoRaven

I don't think the Titan helmet looks bad. It kind of makes him look like a moose or a steer. Tough things that run at you and smash your face.

I see Unstable kneeing people all the time.

darthbob

Please tell me why else 10 AM pacific would make sense other then it being more convenient for them?

I have no idea why because I don't work for Bungie.

But assuming that the reason they're aiming for a 10AM release because "they're just being fucking lazy" just reeks of entitlement.

Deku Tree

Ugh. I'm not going to be able to wake up and do the NF on May 19 because you know it's going to be the new HoW strike. And I'm not doing the weekly until after the NF.

raindoc

Re: Launch time - Not a big issue by itself, but it's absolutely understandable that people expected - and hence planed for - something else: the time we've gotten accustomed to by now.

So after half a year of resets and updates at the same time one does have to wonder about how hard it could be to release info about a change of schedule earlier than less than 2 weeks prior.

Back OT, I'm just fine with the crota CP, and like I said I'm good to go whenever. Just doing some bounties and such.

Gonna watch an episode of Game of Thrones, and if no one else wants to do it from GAF, I'm fine with hitting up LFG. In terms of personalities, it's RNG. But those dudes who advertise as Swordbearers really know how to run Sword (most of the time). Played with one dude who got him down with one sword on NM and acted like it was nothing.

darthbob

Ugh. I'm not going to be able to wake up and do the NF on May 19 because you know it's going to be the new HoW strike. And I'm not doing the weekly until after the NF.

As I recall with TDB, you'd need to complete all the story missions first in order to play the strikes, even the NF and Weekly Heroic.

Deku Tree

As I recall with TDB, you'd need to complete all the story missions first in order to play the strikes, even the NF and Weekly Heroic.

Yeah I expect that but I won't be able to wake up and work on any of that because it's all going to be happening sometime after 10am PST.

Namikaze1

Well, we know from Bungie that PoE is locked till you do the story missions. I'm sure the same goes for Nightfall.

Edit: oh hey, top of the page again.

PoE.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom