• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAPK1NS

Hello hi.

So I really enjoy this game but I have literally nobody to play with. Which sucks cause the drop-in drop-out level of commitment is just what I need with my work.

Looking for a some cool, sociable dudes to run strikes and stuff with. I'm only level 24 and trying to work my way up.

I'm rad and will jump on the mic.

MiserySiren

Namikaze1

these threads have been a lot of fun and i just wanted to say thanks for making this place a friendly, active and whimsical place to hang out. there's never a dull day in destiny gaf (well, maybe mondays). even if i don't know all of you, i appreciate every one who also calls this place home.

except you. yes you with the felwinter's lie. you know who you are.
So that's how it is, Twilight. I see. I see.

I'm taking my Felwinter's Lie and leaving this dump!

GhaleonEB

Hello hi.

So I really enjoy this game but I have literally nobody to play with. Which sucks cause the drop-in drop-out level of commitment is just what I need with my work.

Looking for a some cool, sociable dudes to run strikes and stuff with. I'm only level 24 and trying to work my way up.

MiserySiren
Welcome! I can run the weekly Heroic with you, or some strikes, or daily missions, or whatever really; anything but Crucible. I'm on in the evenings (after 8 pacific time), my PSN is Ghaleon_EB.

XenoRaven

Hello hi.

MiserySiren
Sent you an FR.

I'm about to eat but hit me up if you ever want to do stuff. Also, the people in this thread are pretty good about helping out.

Thoughts on the Prison of Elders now that the BWU is up (and didn't address any of the unknowns):

It looks like a lot of fun. That was the bottom line I came away with. Just how much fun depends on the details.

>stuff<

nice write up. i agree with most of your points, only i'm still skeptical about the environments. i'm afraid that we'll be forced to do a lot of running around and there wont be many places where we might mount a strategical defense, if only temporarily. since we're comparing it to firefight, i loved how many of those maps allowed the player the choice of playing up in the covenant's face or taking it slow and guarding a chokepoint. this varied between maps (it was a crucial strategy on some of them), but we at least had the choice.

i am also concerned that the rooms will be limited by enemy race. we go from the cabal room to the hive room and then back to the cabal room - it seems a bit too plain and predictable even with modifiers thrown into the mix. it's nice that there are different arenas being used, but i'd have liked to see two or more enemy races attacking us and each other all in one space. like you said, the three-way battles in the patrol areas are intense and an entire mode comprised of that would be incredible.

Zoidberg

What I'm wondering about

Can we have more than one modifier at a time? There could be some fun combinations - Brawler + Lightswitch would be a fun risk/reward close quarters mode. These would have to be crafted so as to not get sucky combos, but it would add even more variety.

Not sure about the lower tiers, but the 35 version has double modifiers Link

Full NM Crota run anyone?

1. psn: kreepmode (me)
2.chiquili59
3. Haybro_
4.Robdraggoo

Anyone else? I actually just am waiting at the abyss bridge now guys. Join up!

GhaleonEB

nice write up. i agree with most of your points, only i'm still skeptical about the environments. i'm afraid that we'll be forced to do a lot of running around and there wont be many places where we might mount a strategical defense, if only temporarily. since we're comparing it to firefight, i loved how many of those maps allowed the player the choice of playing up in the covenant's face or taking it slow and guarding a chokepoint. this varied between maps (it was a crucial strategy on some of them), but we at least had the choice.

i am also concerned that the rooms will be limited by enemy race. we go from the cabal room to the hive room and then back to the cabal room - it seems a bit too plain and predictable even with modifiers thrown into the mix. it's nice that there are different arenas being used, but i'd have liked to see two or more enemy races attacking us and each other all in one space. like you said, the three-way battles in the patrol areas are intense and an entire mode comprised of that would be incredible.
Yeah, I hope the arenas offer some variety of approach. I didn't get a good sense for their layouts amidst all the running around and dying. They looked roughly the same size and shape, but otherwise I couldn't get a sense for how they flowed, or if there were good bunker up and fight areas, like you said. I hope there are enough differences so they don't feel too same-y after a while.

Not sure about the lower tiers, but the 35 version has double modifiers Link

Awesome! Thanks.

noomi

tumblr_inline_nmiuuvR0na1s2kuc8_500.gif

This gif made me laugh way more than it should of. Saved for later.

Namikaze1

thought you were leaving
I tried to leave. Something keeps pulling me back. Don't know what.

Did this dude really went in the direction of the Archive on this strike? Really? Really? You go left, not right! And then there's the dude who left soon after. Oh wait, that's me.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Great write up, Ghaleon. PoE has turned into one of my most anticipated gaming releases of the year. Looks so fun.

On a totally different note: I was thinking earlier today that it'd be cool if there were a weapon or new class ability that turned enemy AI into friendlies temporarily. It's probably not a gimmick worth building a whole new subclass around, but it could be one cool option for an illusion themed subclass.

GhaleonEB

Great write up, Ghaleon. PoE has turned into one of my most anticipated gaming releases of the year. Looks so fun.

On a totally different note: I was thinking earlier today that it'd be cool if there were a weapon or new class ability that turned enemy AI into friendlies temporarily. It's probably not a gimmick worth building a whole new subclass around, but it could be one cool option for an illusion themed subclass.

I love that ideal. It would a great grenade perk for some exotic gauntlets - one enemy hit by a grenade of a certain type fights on your side for a short time.

jett

D-Member
Some people carried my ass on HM Crota, for some reason. Got a Word of Crota. This feels weird, that's three times in a row that I've completed a raid while doing nothing LOL.

So I played crucible for like 5 hours over all three classes and goddamn the titan melee is just so fucking horrible. Playing all three classes so close to each other really made it noticeable.

jett

D-Member
So I played crucible for like 5 hours over all three classes and goddamn the titan melee is just so fucking horrible. Playing all three classes so close to each other really made it noticeable.

The regular melee may be shit but all of the titan's special melees are instant kills.

Full NM Crota run

1. psn: kreepmode (me)
2. chiquili59
3. Haybro_
4.Robdraggoo

Anyone else? I actually just am waiting at the abyss bridge now guys. Join up!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm up for hard CE, Atheon x3 or weeklies.

Vault space is next to none again. Need to make the big dismantling video.

jett

D-Member
I don't understand how this group of peeps made mincemeat out of HM Crota. Guess that's what happens when you run this shit every week multiple times.

What? No they aren't. Or at least they never are for me. The only instant one is a blink strike backstab I believe.

Really? As a Warlock player, that's what it feels like. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom