• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I can join, and possible bring 1 more

Cool.

1. Rapier
2. Arramos
3. MrChowderClams
4. Chowder's +1
5. The you that believes in yourself
6. Hawkian's beer

EDIT:

Jesus Christ, Arramos, my fucking eyes.

I tried to get people to play with on PS3 when I was still playing and no one was playing on PS3. If you guys want to go buy the PS3 version, I'll play with you. The hobbled social aspect makes it a fool's errand to try to find a group to play with in game.

Moreover, it should be my choice if I want to blind match make or not.

frankly, if i put as much work into a product as Bungie has for Destiny, (i'm not being 100% sarcastic here), then, unfortunately, no, it's not your choice. It's their IP, and if they're smart, then they will never allow MM in raids because people, on the whole, would have such a negative experience, that they would most likely never play it again. For instance, if i had a restaurant, and people wanted to try a certain dish made the way that I intended them to enjoy it, then I wouldn't want them bringing ingredients from home and adding them to the dish, would I? I'd want them to enjoy the experience as I created it, because I'm the one who knows it best. just ask the people who have had those truly horrific experiences with idler/afkers during weekly strikes. you really don't want to experience that for which you are asking.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Anyone else interested? My PSN is Arrrammis BTW.

let me take care of that:

1. Rapier
2. Arrammis
3. MrChowderClams
4. Chowder's +1
6. Hawkian's beer

ALL ABOAAAAAAAAARD

Is this the Warlock page? It's the warlock page.

bjl8LK5.jpg

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
Just got back into this game after a long haitus. I see the nightfall is Archon priest... can you still cheese him by hiding under the platform?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I have to say, my first thought after leaving Hawkian's raid was "Fine! I'll make my own raid group! With blackjack! And hookers!"
man i'm sorry. i knew there were more than 6 but I am so beyond raid groud member coordination mode at this point. probably should've just given you the spot

Ophelion

let me take care of that:

1. Rapier
2. Arrammis
3. MrChowderClams
4. Chowder's +1
6. Hawkian's beer

ALL ABOAAAAAAAAARD

Would you guys mind a noob tagalong? I've watched videos on VoG, but only ever done it up to templar.

Arrrammis

man i'm sorry. i knew there were more than 6 but I am so beyond raid groud member coordination mode at this point. probably should've just given you the spot
Nah, you're cool. I was just making a joke and hoping that some other guardians out there watched Futurama.

BiGBoSSMk23

Alright that's it!

1. Rapier
2. Arrammis
3. MrChowderClams
4. Chowder's +1
5. Catfax
6. TJ-Ramirez

Sorry, Ophelion. I'll try to get a NM going after this one.

EDIT:

Chowder what's your PSN bro?

border

It seems like every time I get some rare, coveted exotic, Xur always sells it two weeks later. Happened with Hard Light, AT8 Arachnid, and Heart of Praxic Fire. Just got Thunderlord from the Nightfall 2 weeks ago......now Xur has it.

BiGBoSSMk23

Oh okay, sorry TJ.

1. Rapier
2. Arrammis
3. MrChowderClams
4. Tokems
5. Catfax
6. chrome_sitar

PSN is BiGBoSSMk23

darthbob

If you buy Thunderlord from Xur you didn't earn it.

I know you're joking, but that line of thinking always struck me as the complete opposite. Getting Thunderlord from a random drop in Crucible? Total skill!

Earning enough Strange Coins from doing challenging activities. Nah bruh, welfare exotics.

It seems like every time I get some rare, coveted exotic, Xur always sells it two weeks later. Happened with Hard Light and Heart of Praxic Fire. Just got Thunderlord from the Nightfall 2 weeks ago......now Xur has it.

Better than the other way around which happens to me all the time. Saves you some coin. (Not that you need to save them).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
if it really is thunderlord in the xur stock, that's 8 months withholding an item available through RNG, the lone, final exotic item that hasn't been available concretely since launch.

edit: necro and vex excluded

Mindlog

House of Wolves will not be activated until 1PM EST/10 PST.

Does this mean reset Nightfalls will not be eligible for Etheric Light?

Zoidberg

They will most likely make the new strike the nightfall, which means we have to wait until the unlock and play through the story before even attempting it. If it's the new strike, you should be able to get etheric light.

I'm curious about this too. The 1.2 patch should go live next week on Tuesday. I wonder if it is possible that they will let us earn that stuff a week before HoW? Probably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom