• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

They will most likely make the new strike the nightfall, which means we have to wait until the unlock and play through the story before even attempting it. If it's the new strike, you should be able to get etheric light.
Strong possibility.
In which case it wouldn't be a bad idea to get some GAF groups together and daisy chain the Nightfall across multiple characters. *

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

*Actually seeding should work.
Someone with the CP invites someone else, sets them as party leader and then leaves.

Zoidberg

Strong possibility.
In which case it wouldn't be a bad idea to get some GAF groups together and daisy chain the Nightfall across multiple characters. *

Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

*Actually seeding should work.
Someone with the CP invites someone else, sets them as party leader and then leaves.

Only issue with seeding is if you wipe, as it boots back to orbit. We'd need one person to rush the story and just sit in orbit seeding for everyone when they need/wipe. Volunteers?

M3Rocket

if it really is thunderlord in the xur stock, that's 8 months withholding an item available through RNG, the lone, final exotic item that hasn't been available concretely since launch.

edit: necro and vex excluded

And also the PS exclusives Hawkmoon and Monte Carlo.

Mindlog

Only issue with seeding is if you wipe, as it boots back to orbit. We'd need one person to rush the story and just sit in orbit seeding for everyone when they need/wipe. Volunteers?
I'd be willing to seed for a few teams if I can get the CP on my other characters.
This will likely depend on whether or not a 42 Light piece of armor drops during the campaign. If it does then I have to run all of my characters through it anyway.

You have 4k posts to get a guide to 34 Light Level Hawk!
anybody here need an extra person for the raids? im down to help, though im still slightly underowered for hm crota
If you need PSN Hard Mode Gorgon's let me know. Watching some TV while I get work done, but I can boot up the CP pretty quickly.

Just went on the app and this popped up!

image.jpg

ihgiNfD.gif

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'd be willing to seed for a few teams if I can get the CP on my other characters.
This will likely depend on whether or not a 42 Light piece of armor drops during the campaign. If it does then I have to run all of my characters through it anyway.

You have 4k posts to get a guide to 34 Light Level Hawk!
wait waaaat

border

I don't understand why people keep multiple versions of the same exotic on different characters. Weapon switching through the Destiny app is pretty easy, and having to level up a duplicate exotic takes tens of thousands of XP plus all the upgrade materials.

I've been out of the Destiny game for a few months now but my friends and I have decided it is time to dive back in now that finals are done and the expansion is near.

Never realized how much I missed it while I was gone.

border

What is it that people like so much about the Thunderlord? I've only had mine a short time so I haven't used it much, but its usefulness seems pretty situational. You can blow Sepiks Prime out of the water with it, I'd assume, but most of the time I would rather have a rocket launcher in my heavy slot.

GhaleonEB

I don't understand why people keep multiple versions of the same exotic on different characters. Weapon switching through the Destiny app is pretty easy, and having to level up a duplicate exotic takes tens of thousands of XP plus all the upgrade materials.

For me, it was because 1) my alt didn't have another exotic to level when I started getting duplicates, so why not; 2) I did most of the leveling before the remote inventory management option was made; and 3) I like the idea of each guardian having their own arsenal. As it is I have to juggle a few snipers around, for example my only void sniper.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

too lazy even for that.

now you understand.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, not having to juggle is worth it to me, even with the app. Especially if I have the materials on hand (which I rarely do, but sometimes!).

I only did it with Gjallarhorn to have one on each. I don't have any new weapons to level up, but I want to earn rep from Bounties so it made sense.

And I kept a few Thunderlords to keep Drizzay's Hawkmoon taunts at bay. But those were Halcyon days.

Karl2177

Great write up, Ghaleon. PoE has turned into one of my most anticipated gaming releases of the year. Looks so fun.

On a totally different note: I was thinking earlier today that it'd be cool if there were a weapon or new class ability that turned enemy AI into friendlies temporarily. It's probably not a gimmick worth building a whole new subclass around, but it could be one cool option for an illusion themed subclass.

Dear potential Void Hunter subclass,

Please be this.

Thanks,
Karl

Ramirez

I know most would disagree, but I think the game would be better off if gear was locked to characters that find it.

As it is now, I just pass Gjallerhorn around to all 3, who needs a TL when you can do that? Heh

hydruxo

I've got lots of dupe exotics, but I don't even know why really. I should really go and dismantle a bunch of them before HoW drops for the extra shards. I'll probably keep my 3 Ice Breakers, always nice to have those on hand for each character. I'll probably keep my 3 Vexs too just for the Overcharge bounty lmao.

Ken

The exotic leveling change only applied to weapons? So I don't have to wait for Xur to trade my old exotic helms and such?

SnakeEyes

Banned
I've been doing that up until now, but honestly? It's because it was annoying, especially if the weapon was on another character and not in the vault. For certain Exotics, I think it's worth having more than one.

Ken

wait what

no to the first question, yes to the second...?

Was the exotic change only to weapons or all exotics?

I have some pre-TDB saints defender helmet and I'm wondering if I'm safe to put resources into leveling it or if I'm supposed to exchange it for an "updated" version.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
The exotic leveling change only applied to weapons? So I don't have to wait for Xur to trade my old exotic helms and such?
Nah, it affected everything. I stopped playing from October to March and am still not caught up. :-(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
...?

the way HoW works puts you two in good position. You can skip right from 300-tier to 365-tier/etc.
I have some pre-TDB saints defender helmet and I'm wondering if I'm safe to put resources into leveling it or if I'm supposed to exchange it for an "updated" version.
level it up without worry, check out the FAQ in the OP

I only do it if I'm not currently leveling an exotic, and I've never bought a duplicate. But it's nice to not have to switch, so if an exotic that I already have happens to drop then I'll level it at some point. It's not a priority though.
What is it that people like so much about the Thunderlord? I've only had mine a short time so I haven't used it much, but its usefulness seems pretty situational. You can blow Sepiks Prime out of the water with it, I'd assume, but most of the time I would rather have a rocket launcher in my heavy slot.
The shit is dope for arc burns. I also love it for crucible. People die before they have a chance to blink.

Zoidberg

Was the exotic change only to weapons or all exotics?

HoW is getting rid of that double handling shit with exotics, they realised what a goof it was. You can level your old 300 exotic weapons or level 30 exotic gear and ascend it with an exotic shard to the max come HoW.

Ken

...?

the way HoW works puts you two in good position. You can skip right from 300-tier to 365-tier/etc.

level it up without worry, check out the FAQ in the OP

HoW is getting rid of that double handling shit with exotics, they realised what a goof it was. You can level your old 300 exotic weapons or level 30 exotic gear and ascend it with an exotic shard to the max come HoW.

Ok that's better. Thanks.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Thanks for the run squad.

Arramos, sorry you missed out man. It rained Hawkmoons/Tlords/Ghorns like confetti when Atheon went down.

Arrrammis

Thanks for the run squad.

Arramos, sorry you missed out man. It rained Hawkmoons/Tlords/Ghorns like confetti when Atheon went down.

That's only because I left! I have not seen anyone else besides myself get a hawkmoon in the past two months (I have gotten about 6 during raids, and it's to the point where one of my usual groups usually just leaves without saying anything if they see it). I already have my trustworthy Gjallarhorn and Thunderlord, so I'm all good. Glad you all got lucky!

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
That's only because I left! I have not seen anyone else besides myself get a hawkmoon in the past two months (I have gotten about 6 during raids, and it's to the point where one of my usual groups usually just leaves without saying anything if they see it). I already have my trustworthy Gjallarhorn and Thunderlord, so I'm all good. Glad you all got lucky!

giphy.gif

Lol, seriously though. It was a good run.

Final tally for me was:

Brazen Grips
Fatebringer
Hezen Vengeance
Vex Myth
2nd Timebreaker
+Shards

I'm still waiting for your eventual reply to Drizzay's Thunderlord post. And it really was Tuesday.

It's nearing completion but now I'm waiting to see if Xur actually sells it to add a little addendum. Had a ton of life stuff the last couple days that took me out of the loop until now. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait, got some good stuff in there :p

i liked all the destiny i played today and yesterday yay destiny <3

Drunk Hawk posts are always great.

Demon Ice

Banned
Was fooling around in Crucible Control by myself, got matched up against a 6-man clan team, they barely won even thought it was me and 5 randoms against them, and then they started teabagging me.

Messaged one of them saying the rest of my clan was on, invited them to a 6v6, got matched up, and thrashed them so badly the game's slaughter rule kicked in and removed them from our orbit :) You don't get to teabag someone in the top 1% of global PvP without consequences.

Feels good man. Can't wait for Trials of Osiris.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom