• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking hell, Weasel error right during the Aksor boss fight. This is so fucking ridiculous.

Glad to see he's selling Thunderlord. Already got mine this week, so I can save the coins.

I'll buy the Arachnid helmet and a few Exotic Shards, try and save some coins for HoW.

Ji66a-Man

39KX0xS.jpg

Already have 2 TLs... Was hoping he'd sell some other weapon. I guess now we can reasonably assume that if something starts dropping for a lot of people it will be sold by Xur that week. I saw something similar the week MIDA was sold.

Obsidian Mind has +65 Int and +54 Str. Is this a good roll?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Morning you beautiful beautiful people.

Is there any point buying anything from Xur this week considering everything will need ascending?

Me confused.

That's a very good idea, I'll have to start doing this.

Already have 2 TLs... Was hoping he'd sell some other weapon. I guess now we can reasonably assume that if something starts dropping for a lot of people it will be sold by Xur that week. I saw something similar the week MIDA was sold.

Obsidian Mind has +65 Int and +54 Str. Is this a good roll?

Maximum is 73 for both according to DestinyDB.

Morning you beautiful beautiful people.

Is there any point buying anything from Xur this week considering everything will need ascending?

Me confused.

If you don't have the weapon/armor I suggest you buy it. It might take RNGesus forever to give it to you.
You can leave the upgrades alone though, as you can indeed ascend armor/weapons that you already have in HoW.
Depending on your class Ruin Wings (Titan) and Obsidian Mind (Warlock) are worth buying, I wouldn't recommend Arachnid (Hunter), because it zooms in your golden gun and can be very disorienting.

God, another weasel disconnect. At least I managed to finish my final Weekly before it happened now. Today's bad, no idea what's going on.

Nice for y'all who haven't gotten Thunderlord yet. It's great.

Still waiting for him to sell P & T and Ghorn to drop to complete my exotic collection.

200_s.gif

Seriously?

I've been collecting legendary engrams like mad.

Please tell me you're kidding.

Please.

I'm not.

Best thing to do is have your factions and cryptard near max reputation, so you can level them all up the same day HoW is live and hopefully get new dlc gear.

Those legendary engrams in your vault will only decrypt to pre HoW gear.

Ken

Bought Thunderlord. Guess it was a good week to come back.

Wish I had more coins for Ruin Wings but I've only 3 coins left.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
If you don't have the weapon/armor I suggest you buy it. It might take RNGesus forever to give it to you.
You can leave the upgrades alone though, as you can indeed ascend armor/weapons that you already have in HoW.
Depending on your class Ruin Wings (Titan) and Obsidian Mind (Warlock) are worth buying, I wouldn't recommend Arachnid (Hunter), because it zooms in your golden gun and can be very disorienting.

Thanks dude.

-

Anyone fancy quickly running through the weekly heroic at 24 or 28? I have a level 30 warlock alt but I am a bit rusty.

phen0m24

Already have T-lord but don't have arachnid. Lol
still waiting for the Horseman

Congrats to those who got it. Arc burns will never be the same.
And another reason for me not to play pvp - tlord WRECKS

Fun Run ran last night. We missed skeletor but paperdude42 joined us not having played since November and did awesome.

VoG is crazy now. In one HM run I got all pieces of warlock armor and a
6th
Fatebringer. Nuts

Morning DGAF
back to sleep

Hedera

Praise the
Thunder
Lord! Only missing P&T and Dragon's Breath. Never thought I would be close to having all the weapons.

Maximum is 73 for both according to DestinyDB.

And this one goes up to +70 Int and +58 Str. Seems pretty good, gonna buy it.

Already have T-lord but don't have arachnid. Lol
still waiting for the Horseman

Congrats to those who got it. Arc burns will never be the same.
And another reason for me not to play pvp - tlord WRECKS

Fun Run ran last night. We missed skeletor but paperdude42 joined us not having played since November and did awesome.

VoG is crazy now. In one HM run I got all pieces of warlock armor and a
6th
Fatebringer. Nuts

Morning DGAF
back to sleep

We must be playing different games... Can I have yours?

phen0m24

And this one goes up to +70 Int and +58 Str. Seems pretty good, gonna buy it.

We must be playing different games... Can I have your's?

sleepy what are you missing? Back in the day it took forever hence #Forever29 memes to hit 30. I was one of the few who could never get that missing piece of VoG armor. You'll get it eventually. In the last two weeks VoG gave me a load of stuff I've never gotten.

Hezen Vengeance, Foil, armor pieces lol the game is crazy

That said I would gladly give you whatever you're missing! :)

HigXx

Yeeeeeeees! No longer at the crux of waiting for Thunderlord from RNG! Every exotic weapon is mine

Just 2 Exotic Armours to go

sleepy what are you missing? Back in the day it took forever hence #Forever29 memes to hit 30. I was one of the few who could never get that missing piece of VoG armor. You'll get it eventually. In the last two weeks VoG gave me a load of stuff I've never gotten.

Hezen Vengeance, Foil, armor pieces lol the game is crazy

That said I would gladly give you whatever you're missing! :)

No worries, just the usual running gag about VoG which continues for me, even these past couple of weeks. :p

I also only got enough VoG armour to get to 30 two weeks before TDB came out. #4ever 29 was definitely a thing. VoG simply refuses to give me Fatebringer, Atheon's Epilogue and Preatorian Foil.

It's wierd, even when it comes to exotics I have the strangest luck or lack of it. RNG only gave me a Heart of the Praxic Fire (purchased Xur engram), 2 Ghorns (NF and CE chest) and 2 TLords (NF and dropped engram) my whole time playing (which are excelent rolls, but only 5 total). Every single other exotic I have I had to purchase from Xur.

Still, I don't mind buying stuff from Xur. And I don't want everything. Right now the only things I'm really looking for are Fatebringer and Fang of Ir Yut. Fang should be awesome for me in PVP, I loved using MIDA during Iron Banner.

Lima

With 1.2 activating next week after reset it is actually not a bad idea to grind out crucible marks on each toon if you haven't done so already considering how easy and fast it will be if you get 4-6 a match.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Well, I decided to go for three exotic shards. Must. Be. Patient. No. Point. Using. Materials. Yet. Gear. Too. Out. Of. Date.

phen0m24

No worries, just the usual running gag about VoG which continues for me, even these past couple of weeks. :p

I also only got enough VoG armour to get to 30 two weeks before TDB came out. #4ever 29 was definitely a thing. VoG simply refuses to give me Fatebringer, Atheon's Epilogue and Preatorian Foil.

It's wierd, even when it comes to exotics I have the strangest luck or lack of it. RNG only gave me a Heart of the Praxic Fire (purchased Xur engram), 2 Ghorns (NF and CE chest) and 2 TLords (NF and dropped engram) my whole time playing (which are excelent rolls, but only 5 total). Every single other exotic I have I had to purchase from Xur.

Still, I don't mind buying stuff from Xur. And I don't want everything. Right now the only things I'm really looking for are Fatebringer and Fang of Ir Yut. Fang should be awesome for me in PVP, I loved using MIDA during Iron Banner.

Well I'll offer don't give up
like bloodborne lol
because when you don't seem to care anymore the game throws love offerings at you :)

If you get FB, Fang becomes a "nice to have" as Fatebringer is one of those "pry it from my cold, dead hand" situation . ;)

Well, I decided to go for three exotic shards. Must. Be. Patient. No. Point. Using. Materials. Yet. Gear. Too. Out. Of. Date.

I hope it's not too late but there's a pretty good chance that even after HoW drops, exotic gear is still going to be 331 damage/36 light and need to be ascended, meaning Xur's current wares aren't going to be outdated.

If you still have coins left, I'd buy the TLord, Obsidian Mind, and Ruin Wings if you don't have tehm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom