• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, damn, I still need 3 Motes of Light to buy the helmet engram. What's the quickest way to get 3 Motes? I've unfortunately already done the level 24 Heroic Weekly Strike (I think that gave Motes? Or maybe it was Coins?).

Nightfall with cleansing bounty gives you 3 motes, but since you're 24, just do bounties and strike playlist.

You should rather buy an exotic piece of armor with the coins to increase your light level.

Owensboro

Nightfall with cleansing bounty gives you 3 motes, but since you're 24, just do bounties and strike playlist.

You should rather buy an exotic piece of armor with the coins to increase your light level.

Unfortunately, I don't have The Dark Below and it looks like I can't buy the armor pieces he sells without it. So should I wait a week then? I don't know how quickly I'll get another 23 coins. (EDIT: Also, just realized neither of those pieces are for Titans, so at least now I'm not tempted to buy The Dark Below! Thank god.)

And thank you everyone for dealing with a complete newb.

Lnkn52

Find someone you really trust, have them login with your info and buy it for you!

No TV or internet in my new apartment yet and NOW Thunderlord is sold?

Ocean is cry :( only Exotic I'm missing, this is rough.

I know a guy that might help, his PSN KERMItheFROG

On a serious note, you should be able to find a person in here, we are a trustworthy bunch. And I seriously doubt any GAFfer would try to screw up your account, who would jeopardize their account status and friends made here.

I will be willing to perform this transaction for you. Drizzay gave me his account way back in the day, so its up to you :p Pm me if you desire the lord of thunder.

edit:
Unfortunately, I don't have The Dark Below and it looks like I can't buy the armor pieces he sells without it. So should I wait a week then? I don't know how quickly I'll get another 23 coins. (EDIT: Also, just realized neither of those pieces are for Titans, so at least now I'm not tempted to buy The Dark Below! Thank god.)

He sells a exotic armor for each of the classes. There is one for the Titan. Its ruin wings or whatever its called. It causes more heavy ammo to be dropped and picked up per heavy ammo pack thats on the ground. I would still recommend the lord of thunder. Its a great MG.

edit:
Not related to gear advice begging: Holy hell at the Weekly Heroic! It's Winter's Run with Void Burn and was my first experience with that mechanic. Like an Idiot I just assumed you could still run past everything to the "required" fighting areas and promptly got one shot by a Hydra. Then had the hardest time with 3 Minotaur in a valley, proceeded to wipe on the boss twice until everyone did this "hang out at the entrance to the fight" cheese strategy, and then was super mad because no one would fight him normal. I still killed him (I'm a sucker for loot!), but man, that's no fun. Is cheesing the Heroic normal?
Thanks for the carry. Sorry I blew up on the middle of the speeder part lol.
hehe maybe I am slighty a troll \(・`(ェ)・)/
It's all good! Haha Welp I knew someone would die there since majority of the time someone does :p especially with void burn. I always try to make a mad dash just to see who makes it :p

Edit: best part of strange coins? I get to buy more heavy ammo! My 400+ is starting to drop :p

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not related to gear advice begging: Holy hell at the Weekly Heroic! It's Winter's Run with Void Burn and was my first experience with that mechanic. Like an Idiot I just assumed you could still run past everything to the "required" fighting areas and promptly got one shot by a Hydra. Then had the hardest time with 3 Minotaur in a valley, proceeded to wipe on the boss twice until everyone did this "hang out at the entrance to the fight" cheese strategy, and then was super mad because no one would fight him normal. I still killed him (I'm a sucker for loot!), but man, that's no fun. Is cheesing the Heroic normal?
Not for me :p I mean it has checkpoints for crying out loud. It's extremely common for the Nightfall, but hell I've seen people cheese him during Roc Strikes.

Remember during a burn that YOUR damage is amplified as well (so use Void stuff yourself).

Ruin wings are a great piece for Titans, but yeah TDB only. The helmet engram is a big gamble- there are many helmets, and the majority are not for your class.

Hyun Sai

Guys, I finally got Gjallahorn after 8 months of playing.

82hd6.jpg

Having light beyond nemesis is there any reason to switch to obsidian mind?

Totally depends on play style, subclass and what you're doing.
Obsidian Mind is great for Voidwalkers, especially paired with Bad Juju = Nova Bomb all day.
Light Beyond Nemesis is great for Crota HM or places where you want to be quickly revived such as NFs.

Owensboro

Ruin wings are a great piece for Titans, but yeah TDB only. The helmet engram is a big gamble- there are many helmets, and the majority are not for your class.

What else would be good to spend Motes of Light on? The only other things I know of are the vanity pieces that The Speaker sells.

It's the beard then :/

Sry, I thought you are closer to my age.

Luckily to you, you're not :)

Us older folks, always view folks as old as us (I think it's a way for us to view ourselves as younger than what we truly are). As far as the beard goes, his beards looks like it would fit nicely onto a guardian. #SPACEBEARDS4LIFE

Ran hard VOG last night and didn't get the Fatebringer. We accidentally all jumped into the save after the Templar on our second characters (yay, got shards from the chest), so I am out of luck for the week unless I can get into someone else's save.

I'll check in later to see if there is Fatebringer/Vex train later tonight or this weekend (we're expecting a serious winter storm starting Saturday evening).

Deku Tree

Any idea what a "judgement token" or a "judgement chance" thing does?

"judgement chance" was sold by the House of Judgement guy,
It cost one armor core and one weapon core,
And It appeared to give you a chance at PoE rewards...

So does "judgement chance" function like an engram and it just allows you to roll for an 42 light armor or a 365 attack weapon from the HoJ?

SkylineRKR

Fired it up to buy TL. Only need Hawkmoon now which is impossible because I stopped playing PvE since Jan and not interested either. Can only hope for IB drops or something, or fire it up again after the exclusivity expires lol.

Frostburn

I just wish we knew for sure if Xur could even sell the Gjallarhorn. RNG has been an absolute bitch to me when it comes to earning the few exotics I have left to collect and that rocket launcher above everything else in the game has alluded me so long now... I just want one, "earned" or not.

/rantover

Does anyone have a Vault of Glass Hard Oracles checkpoint they can share? I'm trying to roll thrice for the Praetorian Foil.

How are you posting? Tether that shit!

Oh my god. I have five minutes to get to Skywatch, have gotten weasel errors twice when loading into the Cosmodrome. This fucking game.

And of course Urzok doesn't even show up.

So weird that I saw so many first time Thunderlords this week, Crota was literally giving them out like copies of the Watchtower, and then Xur sells it.

Also, House of Elders won't go live until 1 pm EST on the 19th. FUCKING BOOOOOOO BUNGIE.

Namikaze1

Any idea what a "judgement chance" thing does?

It was sold by the House of Judgement guy,
It cost one armor core and one weapon core,
And It appeared to give you a chance at PoE rewards...

So does it function like an engram and it just allows you to roll for an 42 light armor or a 365 attack weapon from the HoJ?
I wonder if there's an exotic weapon exclusive to PoE. Could be for that. It probably functions like the engram system like you said. Roll a chance at getting either the weapon or armor being sold that week, the rest of the gear unavailable for sale, and the exclusive exotic (if there's one)

<_> I like how the only thing incorrect from the early app leak is Xur selling Ruin Wings instead of the Titan helmet.

YOU DISAPPOINT ME XUR.

noomi

Also, House of Elders won't go live until 1 pm EST on the 19th. FUCKING BOOOOOOO BUNGIE.

Yep, and they said it's not even certain for 1PM, but could very well be after.

Update 1.2.0.1
Tuesday, May 19th
Sometime after 10AM PST
Final delivery and activation of Expansion II

I took the 19th off, but am now switching my day to the 20th off. I'll be home at 3PM on the 19th, nonstop destiny until the 21st.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom