• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I hope it's not too late but there's a pretty good chance that even after HoW drops, exotic gear is still going to be 331 damage/36 light and need to be ascended, meaning Xur's current wares aren't going to be outdated.

If you still have coins left, I'd buy the TLord, Obsidian Mind, and Ruin Wings if you don't have tehm.

It's too late :-(

Never mind. I have two characters now (one at 26 and one at 30) so hopefully I'll be able to build up another backlog of coins.

Deku Tree

I hope it's not too late but there's a pretty good chance that even after HoW drops, exotic gear is still going to be 331 damage/36 light and need to be ascended, meaning Xur's current wares aren't going to be outdated.

If you still have coins left, I'd buy the TLord, Obsidian Mind, and Ruin Wings if you don't have tehm.

That would be weird. Not sure if it's a "pretty good chance" myself. It's possible and can't be ruled out but I don't agree that it's the most likely thing.

black stig

Neo Member

I hope not...

I have all 5 exotic bounties at various stages of completion. Waiting for HoW before claiming expecting 365 damage versions. Did the same with Invective before TDB.

Question today is to buy a 3rd Thunderlord or not. Soooo many exotics to level.

That would be weird. Not sure if it's a "pretty good chance" myself. It's possible and can't be ruled out but I don't agree that it's the most likely thing.

True, it's pure speculation based on how the legendary Vendor armor and weapons are going to be.

That said, it's still worth buying "outdated" gear if it's good. Exotic shards end up being a dime a dozen and not worth putting your fate in RNG's hands.

Bradach

Missed that train but you can start it again :p
Sure why not. It's good to share! that's me in the background near the lake, i never met the other fella :p

my%20head.jpg

noomi

Good morning DGAF!

Thunderlord?! Unbelievable lol.... everyone loots them this week, and then BAM Xur has it too :p

Wouldn't have it any other way!

Deku Tree

True, it's pure speculation based on how the legendary Vendor armor and weapons are going to be.

That said, it's still worth buying "outdated" gear if it's good. Exotic shards end up being a dime a dozen and not worth putting your fate in RNG's hands.

Oh absolutely. Buy Thunderlord people. It's a no brainier.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Who's that guy who stood in front of your camera while you were chilling by the water?

Hahahaha!

In all seriousness, nice pic, you look like someone I used to work with!

-

Is anyone willing to take on a level 26 Titan striker though a normal VoG later today? I've played the Vault a few times before but with a level 30 warlock. I seem to generally do ok, barring a few deaths on the Gorgons and the jumping puzzle.

I'm the UK but have mic, will travel.

SnakeEyes

Banned
So, on top of winning it with Thunderlord being sold, I opened a Exotic Helmet to get the Helm of Saint-14. Everything's coming up Milhouse today!

HigXx

Anyone want to do a quick Oracles + Templar? I have one more chance at getting Fatebringer this week

Will need to start from beginning though

Shito

Got my Thunderlord a few weeks ago, but I'm really happy for you guys that were still missing it. I should really get back to speed and level it up, though, lately I've only been doing NFs and weeklies, so as not to burn myself too much off the game before HoW. ^^

Missed the portraits party yesterday, spent my evening watching sports / doing 2 NFs / updating Tera from a 2 years old client only to realize after that that the server I was playing on is now dead and I didn't remember anything about the game anymore...
You all have pretty cool or funny pictures; it was weird seeing narmer all jolly and happy, a nice preview from when he'll finally get his Horn, and fig's attitude in her first photo is exactly how I pictured her.

Anyways, got a dupped Hard Light, and a Venation with somewhat good perks (performance bonus, field scout and last round): should I keep it? Never noticed before the insane impact stat it had.

Haybro

That's Skullfort, not Inmost Light.

All TDB-exclusive armor selling this week, must be a ploy to push those dlc sales up :p
Oops, yeah thanks. Templar kept me up too late last night :p

On a scale of NLB to gjallarhorn, how bad is hawkian's hangover right now?

Thanks for the carry. Sorry I blew up on the middle of the speeder part lol.
It's all good! Haha Welp I knew someone would die there since majority of the time someone does :p especially with void burn. I always try to make a mad dash just to see who makes it :p

Edit: best part of strange coins? I get to buy more heavy ammo! My 400+ is starting to drop :p

Owensboro

Oh wow, somehow I have enough Strange Coins to buy the Thunderlord (thank god I leveled those other characters to 20). I just hit level 24 last night, so this will be my first anything that's not Blue. Looks like everyone is saying it's worth it, so I might as well buy it, right?

Also, damn, I still need 3 Motes of Light to buy the helmet engram. What's the quickest way to get 3 Motes? I've unfortunately already done the level 24 Heroic Weekly Strike (I think that gave Motes? Or maybe it was Coins?).

Not related to gear advice begging: Holy hell at the Weekly Heroic! It's Winter's Run with Void Burn and was my first experience with that mechanic. Like an Idiot I just assumed you could still run past everything to the "required" fighting areas and promptly got one shot by a Hydra. Then had the hardest time with 3 Minotaur in a valley, proceeded to wipe on the boss twice until everyone did this "hang out at the entrance to the fight" cheese strategy, and then was super mad because no one would fight him normal. I still killed him (I'm a sucker for loot!), but man, that's no fun. Is cheesing the Heroic normal?

Is Obsidian Mind effective in PVP? I've been using Voidfang Vestments for what seems like forever.
Yes if I remember correctly. Spam orbs all day-->spam supers all day
Edit:
Oh wow, somehow I have enough Strange Coins to buy the Thunderlord (thank god I leveled those other characters to 20). I just hit level 24 last night, so this will be my first anything that's not Blue. Looks like everyone is saying it's worth it, so I might as well buy it, right?

Also, damn, I still need 3 Motes of Light to buy the helmet engram. What's the quickest way to get 3 Motes? I've unfortunately already done the level 24 Heroic Weekly Strike (I think that gave Motes? Or maybe it was Coins?).
Yeah buy the lord of thunder. You get mol for leveling up so Uhh hmm do you have the dark below ? If yes then there is a bounty you can do that gives you 3 (? Don't remember since the last time I played) mol for killing 10 majors/ultras aka yellow bars but I don't think you can do it once I think about it now. Since you have to be 3 levels from the nightfall to even acess it. Soo yeah ? :p

Bradach

Definately buy the thunderlord.

I think some of Eris bounties sometimes gives motes

ocean

Banned
No TV or internet in my new apartment yet and NOW Thunderlord is sold?

Ocean is cry :( only Exotic I'm missing, this is rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom