• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylineRKR

I just wish we knew for sure if Xur could even sell the Gjallarhorn. RNG has been an absolute bitch to me when it comes to earning the few exotics I have left to collect and that rocket launcher above everything else in the game has alluded me so long now... I just want one, "earned" or not.

/rantover

RNG has been kind to me regarding Horns. Even dismantled a few.

But it does seem that everyone was right about Bungie not willing to offer it anymore. Its been sold once, when almost no one had enough coins yet. I believe it was week 2.

Deku Tree

I wonder if there's an exotic weapon exclusive to PoE. Could be for that. It probably functions like the engram system like you said. Roll a chance at getting either the weapon or armor being sold that week, the rest of the gear unavailable for sale, and the exclusive exotic (if there's one)

Yeah I agree, except that I bet the "judgement chance" thing doesn't include the exclusive exotic in the loot table. I bet you need to complete level 35 PoE for a small chance at the exclusive exotic weapon (just going by the way it has been in the past). The "judgement chance" thing is a way to get you to burn your Fallen cores if you have extra's laying around.

Speaking of which I wonder what happens when you dismantle a PoE armor or weapon? Do you get Armor cores and weapon cores for doing it?

QdS3pBC.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuphOxBX8YI

:DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

I know I'm still missing the Nechrochasm. I don't care.
We should try to get that Nechrochasm.

Namikaze1

Yeah I agree, except that I bet the "judgement chance" thing doesn't include the exclusive exotic in the loot table. I bet you need to complete level 35 PoE for a small chance at the exclusive exotic weapon (just going by the way it has been in the past). The "judgement chance" thing is a way to get you to burn your Fallen cores if you have extra's laying around.

Speaking of which I wonder what happens when you dismantle a PoE armor or weapon? Do you get Armor cores and weapon cores for doing it?
Aside from Etheric Light, Armor Core, and Weapon Core, did the description screen of the level 35 PoE show any other rewards? HM Atheon and Crota shows Ascendant/Radiant Materials and Raid Gear Set in theirs plus Unknown Rewards.

Zoidberg

Holy crap nuggets, surplus on a snipe rifle increases the contents of ALL ammo drops, including purple for rockets???

Yep, surplus is one of the best secondary perks you can have on a weapon. Surplus + ruin wings will completely fill your heavy from 1 box.

EL CUCO

Xur has Tlord, you say?

This will be the first time I fire up Destiny, since March. Well played, Bungie.
It'll only be to buy TLord, though :)

Yep, and they said it's not even certain for 1PM, but could very well be after.

I took the 19th off, but am now switching my day to the 20th off. I'll be home at 3PM on the 19th, nonstop destiny until the 21st.

I guess I will just be playing the Witcher 3 from 8pm EST on the 18th until ~1PM on the 19th when HoW drops.

Zoidberg

I see lots of people excited for Thunderlord. Good for PvE? That's mainly what I play. Note, I have zero exotic heavies at this point. And best machinegun I have is a Harm's Way with void.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/1646096

If you have the coins, buy it. Not only is it a really solid heavy machine gun, it's a monster for arc burn and it's the first time Xur has ever sold it. It could be a while before you have a guaranteed way of getting it.

WipedOut

Yep, surplus is one of the best secondary perks you can have on a weapon. Surplus + ruin wings will completely fill your heavy from 1 box.

Surplus + Heavy boots I believe does the same thing. I have the ultimate LDR that does Surplus, field scout and clown cartridge. Perfect for PVE.

I'm happy for all the people getting Thunderlord for the first time. Probably my favorite exotic to use, and I say this as a Gjallarhorn owner.

Deku Tree

Aside from Etheric Light, Armor Core, and Weapon Core, did the description screen of the level 35 PoE show any other rewards? HM Atheon and Crota shows Ascendant/Radiant Materials and Raid Gear Set in theirs plus Unknown Rewards.

No didn't say anything about "unknown rewards".

This is what it said: https://twitter.com/littlebigokey/status/596650408975675392

Except I think level 35 gave HoJ rep +500 not +300.

Fallen cores are taking the place of shards and energies.

But said nothing about unknown rewards. Not sure what to make of that... No exotics? Exotics unlisted?

SkylineRKR

I'm happy for all the people getting Thunderlord for the first time. Probably my favorite exotic to use, and I say this as a Gjallarhorn owner.

Horn is boring. Its strong, but boring. Truth is much more fun. Any HMG is so too. And yeah TL is the most fun because of its lightning sparks.

Zoidberg

Xur has Tlord, you say?

This will be the first time I fire up Destiny, since March. Well played, Bungie.
It'll only be to buy TLord, though :)

They've definitely sold it this week to entice people back. Sell tlord, people level it over the weekend, drop 1.2 on Tuesday, then HoW the next Tuesday.

Dave_6

THUNDERLORD IS MINE!!! Finally! Thanks Xur!

Can't wait to get home tonight and begin leveling it up! I may even buy a 2nd one just for the hell of it.

so there's more or less a pattern now: an increase in item X's appearance in the weekly loot pools potentially means that Xur will stock it on the weekend.

The Last Word and Thunderlord have both been proof of this. Gjallarhorn also dropped frequently at one point, but that's apparently no longer in Xur's inventory.

So, from last two weeks Destinying the rubber on one of the sticks has started to come off. You guys recommend any particular brand of analog covers? I was also thinking about replacing them with Xbone sticks...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What else would be good to spend Motes of Light on? The only other things I know of are the vanity pieces that The Speaker sells.
Well, in the case of relevance to you, a chest or especially gauntlet/boot engram.

But reforging Iron Banner weapons or new HoW weapons also uses motes :)

Nuszka

I took the 19th off, but am now switching my day to the 20th off. I'll be home at 3PM on the 19th, nonstop destiny until the 21st.
Yeah and now i need to think about moving my day off ahead but if i work on tueasday i will be home by about 5 pm est, so thats about four hours after the announced release time. Might just take wendsday off as well lol.

Deku Tree

so there's more or less a pattern now: an increase in item X's appearance in the weekly loot pools potentially means that Xur will stock it on the weekend.

The Last Word and Thunderlord have both been proof of this. Gjallarhorn also dropped frequently at one point, but that's apparently no longer in Xur's inventory.

Exactly. It's becoming pretty clear that Bungie tweaks the probabilities of different exotics dropping each week.

And from anecdotal evidence here it really looks like whatever exotic weapon Xur is going to sell drops a lot the same week that Xur sells it.

So based upon some criteria ( maybe something like the amount of recent usage of certain exotics) then Bungie decides the probabilities of different exotics dropping each week.... Seems like a smart way to design drop rates in any case.

Namikaze1

No didn't say anything about "unknown rewards".

This is what it said: https://twitter.com/littlebigokey/status/596650408975675392

Except I think level 35 gave HoJ rep +500 not +300.

Fallen cores are taking the place of shards and energies.

But said nothing about unknown rewards. Not sure what to make of that... No exotics? Exotics unlisted?
It's strange since the Unknown Rewards refer to the Vex Mythoclast and Crux of Crota for their respective raids. I would say shader, ship, and speeder too but you can get those in normal. Well, you can get a variant of the ship and a different shader (in Crota's case). And the speeder drop rate are higher in Hard than normal.

So either there's no exotic tied to PoE or it's as I said before with it being tied to that package. Guess we will find out soon.

Deku Tree

Didn't Bungie say Xur will no longer be selling engrams once HoW launches?

This statement requires a proof link...

I have not heard this before and it would be a pretty big deal so I imagine people would have been talking about it and I would have heard about it but IDK. The last thing I heard Bungie say about Exotic Engrams was that Xur would be selling them every week.

Namikaze1

Wait, Xur will no longer sell engrams after HoW?!

You're telling me I've been saving these motes for nothing?!

showmethereceipts.gif

Thrak360

Neo Member
If you have the coins, buy it. Not only is it a really solid heavy machine gun, it's a monster for arc burn and it's the first time Xur has ever sold it. It could be a while before you have a guaranteed way of getting it.
Thanks. Looks fun, I'll drop the coins on it. Don't have a lot, 36 coins, but that's plenty to get Thunderlord - and still have enough for next week in case there's an exotic worth buying.

Deku Tree

Didn't Bungie say Xur will no longer be selling engrams once HoW launches?

Yes I recall someone saying xur will no longer sell exotic engrams.

Ok as of April 26 Planet Destiny is unaware of what you two are saying, and what they are recommending contradicts your claims:

http://planetdestiny.com/house-wolves-preparation-guide/

If you’ve got an unholy amount of Ascendant or Radiant Shards from faithfully running the raids, exchange them for Motes of Light! Now we’ll have plenty to play around with, whether that means splurging on Exotic Engrams for Xûr’s first weekend in the hopes of landing a new Exotic, or reforging to our heart’s content.

Toa TAK

Banned
Holy crap I got a Thunderlord! I didn't think I would have enough, but I did. :D

And I got an exotic Hunter helmet. -_- Should I dismantle it?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yes I recall someone saying xur will no longer sell exotic engrams.
I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit.

I can't find a source despite some targeted searching, it wouldn't make sense (new exotics in the pool turn those engrams back into a Mote sink for hardcore players), and it's exactly the kind of thing that would have seen tens of thousands of simultaneous panties in a twist around here. So far as I know there is no reason to believe exotic engrams are going anywhere.

ocean

Banned
Lots of replies to my plea! Thanks guys, I'd definitely trust this community not to Kermit my guardians if I gave you my credentials. I'll ask my brother to do this on his PS4 today, he just has to re download the game on Dominican "broadband" so it'll take a while :p

I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit.

I can't find a source despite some targeted searching, it wouldn't make sense (new exotics in the pool turn those engrams back into a Mote sink for hardcore players), and it's exactly the kind of thing that would have seen tens of thousands of simultaneous panties in a twist around here. So far as I know there is no reason to believe exotic engrams are going anywhere.

I just heard it, can't remember where. Probably on Reddit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom