• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RemiLP

https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...a_save_those_motes_of_light_xur_engrams_will/

Found this thread about the topic.

"DeeJ_BNG 135 points 2 hours ago "Here's what I can confirm about Xur right now: -Exotic Engrams will still sporadically appear in his inventory -His inventory will be more powerful next week"

Second point:

DeeJ_BNG 27 points an hour ago "The plan, as I understand it, is for shards to be available all the time. Engrams will appear from time to time."
"

Deku Tree

https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGa...a_save_those_motes_of_light_xur_engrams_will/

"DeeJ_BNG 135 points 2 hours ago "Here's what I can confirm about Xur right now: -Exotic Engrams will still sporadically appear in his inventory -His inventory will be more powerful next week"

Second point:

DeeJ_BNG 27 points an hour ago "The plan, as I understand it, is for shards to be available all the time. Engrams will appear from time to time."
"

this is how long ago that was BTW: 153d, 20h

at one point in time that was actually the case, as of now things have changed.

GutZ31

Second point:

"

Nice find.
You are the new MVP.

Edit: Time stamps... MVP revoked!

It's strange since the Unknown Rewards refer to the Vex Mythoclast and Crux of Crota for their respective raids. I would say shader, ship, and speeder too but you can get those in normal. Well, you can get a variant of the ship and a different shader (in Crota's case). And the speeder drops are higher in Hard than normal.

So either there's no exotic tied to PoE or it's as I said before with it being tied to that package. Guess we will find out soon.

Speaking of PoE loot. I keep hearing about a treasure room, and a chest. Does that mean that this is back in the game?:

https://youtu.be/Y1OjUWw43co?t=238

Holy crap I got a Thunderlord! I didn't think I would have enough, but I did. :D

And I got an exotic Hunter helmet. -_- Should I dismantle it?
I wouldn't dismantle anything until you need the materials, personally. Plenty of room in the Vault now, and you never know when the urge will strike you to start a new character.

Frostburn

Second point:

"

I read the bolded part and thought OMG it is time for Gjallarhorn!!! Then I looked at the date posted on Reddit :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Ehhhh I'm better at searching than almost anyone I know and this is what I found: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/33lcqq/discussion_will_xur_continue_to_sell_exotic/

It's just someone asking if it will happen or not. Nobody says anything along the lines of there being a bungie comment that they are going away.

Also, the speculation in that post as to why they would go away doesn't sway me at all. Hardcore players converting their hundreds of ascendant materials to motes and blowing them all at once by gambling on engrams the very first weekend after HoW comes out strikes me as exactly what Bungie would want.
Nice find.
You are the new MVP.

Edit: Time stamps... MVP revoked!
That is incredibly outdated info

...as is now this comment about it. :p

They have since definitely stated that exotic engrams will appear every week.

CESTsOsW0AA3CCS.png:orig

Where art thou, Lord Drizzay of the Thunder?

I think you should just give up Nami. Bungie stole all his *ahem* thunder by having Xur sell T-Lord this weekend.

Bought three Thunderlords. I don't even care. Thunderlord is in the same class as Ice Breaker to me.

Now to go level these up before House of Wolves.

Lnkn52

Ehhhh I'm better at searching than almost anyone I know and this is what I found: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/33lcqq/discussion_will_xur_continue_to_sell_exotic/

It's just someone asking if it will happen or not. Nobody says anything along the lines of there being a bungie comment that they are going away.

Also, the speculation in that post as to why they would go away doesn't sway me at all. Hardcore players converting their hundreds of ascendant materials to motes and blowing them all at once by gambling on engrams the very first weekend after HoW comes out strikes me as exactly what Bungie would want.

That is incredibly outdated info

...as is now this comment about it. :p

They have since definitely stated that exotic engrams will appear every week.

Yes, the exotic engrams are staying. It was part of patch 1.1.1

• Fixed an issue in which Xur did not carry exotic engrams in inventory on certain dates

Kal_El

Really excited about finally getting a thunderlord. I went to bungie.net to check my playtime and

Titan is 2d 9h 8m 45s

Hunter is 3d 16h 53m 19s

Warlock is 16d 12h 31m 30s

RNG has been ok to me. He likes to give me P & T, Plan C, MIDA, Last Word, and Hawkmoon. 1 GHORN and never a TLord. I didn't take time off during the week but I do have Friday, Saturday and Sunday off to do nothing but play....hopefully

family time

I've never used Thunderlord outside of Arc burn. I don't see what makes it so special that it should replace the Horn for your exotic slot (in PvE).

/shrug

Deku Tree

I wonder how they're ultimately going to handle Destiny 2 transitions. Do we get to bring everything including our maxed GHorns with us? Do we get to keep doing the old strikes and story missions mixed in with the new ones? Or does all the old content becomes separate and obsolete?

Toa TAK

Banned
Lol @ all these T-Lord posts. I guess some people are finally getting them...

It's a good day.

Also... WHAT THE HELL? I turned in a Rare Engram and got ANOTHER Hunter helmet. The legendary Gravebreaker 2.1

I guess I know what my next class will be. Considering I have a Queen's chest for a Hunter as well.

Karl2177

I wonder how they're ultimately going to handle Destiny 2 transitions. Do we get to bring everything including our maxed GHorns with us? Do we get to keep doing the old strikes and story missions mixed in with the new ones? Or does all the old content becomes separate and obsolete?

Separate and obsolete.

GutZ31

Really excited about finally getting a thunderlord. I went to bungie.net to check my playtime and

Titan is 2d 9h 8m 45s

Hunter is 3d 16h 53m 19s

Warlock is 16d 12h 31m 30s

RNG has been ok to me. He likes to give me P & T, Plan C, MIDA, Last Word, and Hawkmoon. 1 GHORN and never a TLord. I didn't take time off during the week but I do have Friday, Saturday and Sunday off to do nothing but play....hopefully

family time

My total.

Time Played 38d 8h 54m 1s

You have had more of a life than me, be proud.

Just imagine what the thread would be like if Gjallarhorn was being sold.

I know a few guys on here that would likely walk out of work to buy it, and if they were smart, go right back to work.
If they unlocked wolfpack as soon as they got it though, they would likely be fired... lol

Midas

Yay, now I have all the exotic weapons. Finally.

How many will there be in the new expansion? Fate of all fools, that Dynasty weapon and something else, right? 3 in total?

Lnkn52

Separate and obsolete.

I hope not. I wish that Bungie designers deteriorate the maps even more. Show progression.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
All weapons and armor should be null and void and not carried over.

Except for Hawkmoon. I should also be able to use Hawkmoon in Bloodborne, Guild Wars 2, The Unfinished Swan and Super Mario 3D World.

Wasn't there supposed to be a reveal today or am I going crazy?

You're not going crazy. This was towards the end of the Weekly Update yesterday:

That’s not the last video we’ll invite you to watch this week. Tomorrow, you’ll want to keep an eye on Bungie.net, or any of our off-world social outposts. There are more secrets from the Reef to share.

Namikaze1

All weapons and armor should be null and void and not carried over.

Except for Hawkmoon. I should also be able to use Hawkmoon in Bloodborne, Guild Wars 2, The Unfinished Swan and Super Mario 3D World.
I should be able to use Hawkmoon in anything, Hawkian. Anything.

Surplus + Heavy boots I believe does the same thing. I have the ultimate LDR that does Surplus, field scout and clown cartridge. Perfect for PVE.
No it does not. Surplus and the Ruin Wings version of Surplus stack, which means 5 to 7 rockets per pack instead of 4 or 5 (which is instead of 1 or 2 from no perks at all.)
Yep, surplus is one of the best secondary perks you can have on a weapon. Surplus + ruin wings will completely fill your heavy from 1 box.
Yeah I always switched to Corrective Measure when doing the heavy ammo glitch because of this, but didn't realize it would work from a sniper rifle too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom