• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defyler

Actually my biggest complaint with how they deal with armor now.

For any that have the dead orbit shader what lvl did you get dead orbit to when you got it?

I'm around dead orbit rank 10-12 on all three characters and have gotten four bittersteel shaders.

Hoping for hanged man or of course revenant.

Sorry I was so quite guys. I felt like the only time you could hear me was when I held the Mic up to my face. Makes it tough to talk and play.

Good to hear you again Grave!

I'm around dead orbit rank 10-12 on all three characters and have gotten four bittersteel shaders.
I was about to get really jealous but then I realized you said three characters. It's still good luck but much more reasonable than getting a shader in about 25-50% of your packages.

As for me, I got one of the FWC shaders to drop at rank 8 a few days ago. It's entirely random but I have heard of some people not even seeing one until about rank 40.

Glad to hear that you're back in the wild, Grave. I wish you good health. Remember to love your body every day with healthy food and activity. Nothing feels better than post-exercise Destiny.

Ganhyun

Fellow XBox One players, a question.

I noticed a few days ago that if someone sent me a message or I tried to send one while in Crucible, I got kicked to orbit. I'd have a message saying I left the fireteam and was returned to orbit.

Today, I found that this continues in strikes and patrols as well. Anyone else seeing this?

My 360 still has no issues with me stopping to start up or receive a message.

Obscured

Hoping for hanged man or of course revenant.

Interesting, thanks. I know it is random, but it makes me feel better. I have one at 10, but the other two are only around 5, though I've had none drop so far.

Fellow XBox One players, a question.

I noticed a few days ago that if someone sent me a message or I tried to send one while in Crucible, I got kicked to orbit. I'd have a message saying I left the fireteam and was returned to orbit.

Today, I found that this continues in strikes and patrols as well. Anyone else seeing this?

My 360 still has no issues with me stopping to start up or receive a message.

I was doing a strike earlier and received a message with no issue. Not sure about crucible.

I'm still down for reset raiding. Probably will be the same as last few weeks, only expect Steroyd to show up as well. So we can make a group from that with whoever.

Guess Who's Back Home!

Whattup GR-X. I left Greg the Dreg stored here in the wall, please pick him up at your earliest convenience. But seriously, welcome home! And glad you are still on the mend.

B9bHuFaIgAIpwbV.jpg:large

You guys are reset raiding huh? I MIGHT BE SO INCLINED TO DO IT 3X

That's right I got my hunter to LEVEL 28

I can do Atheon without an issue

for crota I will provide my services:
REVIVING YOU BEAUTIFUL FOLKS
And uh, pretending to do damage.

GLord list has been updated again. Props to SaneManPritch as our 90th Lord!

Could you be lucky #100?

Nice, glad people are reading the OP links.

I'm totally for real working on CE flawless guide now. For serious this time.

-Don't use Rockets till Crota
-Don't use Grenades
-Don't Die

Edit: Listen to Katy Perry's Firework before starting. (you all laugh but our first flawless attempt failed, we started again later that day and listened to the song and it worked)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
GLord list has been updated again. Props to SaneManPritch as our 90th Lord!

Could you be lucky #100?

Nice, glad people are reading the OP links.

I'm totally for real working on CE flawless guide now. For serious this time.

You can tell Zoba's played a lot of older FPS (or at least Zoba sounds like it) so the 'language' translates for me better than most. Hope they end up posting more about PvP.

zola's pvp tips are amazing. moar pls

pls ;_;

think so? reading over it, it seems a bit basic and i don't think i went into enough detail about how to play with the gun. there's some good information in there for sure, but i probably could elaborate more about challenging and positioning.

perhaps that's more general advice than last word tips specifically, and i wouldn't be the best person for that. hell, i could follow my own advice more often and stop putting myself in dumb situations that lead to avoidable deaths.

shooting is only half the game. it can't really be taught, but it can be practiced. decision making on the other hand is something you must learn and constantly be aware of. you could say using the weapon effectively depends almost entirely on being in position to do so. and that's really difficult when the weapon is unleveled because it's fighting against its effective range.

-Don't use Rockets till Crota
-Don't use Grenades
-Don't Die

Edit: Listen to Katy Perry's Firework before starting. (you all laugh but our first flawless attempt failed, we started again later that day and listened to the song and it worked)

I think communication and adaptation is also really important.
If something doesn't go according to the plan, how do you respond as a team.
Some players might freak out at that point, I might be guilty of that as well when I saw Crota stand up way to fast when Tears was slashing away the last of his health in our flawless run.

I think communication and adaptation is also really important.
If something doesn't go according to the plan, how do you respond as a team.
Some players might freak out at that point, I might be guilty of that as well when I saw Crota stand up way to fast when Tears was slashing away the last of his health in our flawless run.

Yeah this is very important. Communication is the most critical thing in a flawless run.

Actually now that I think of it communication is pretty much the most critical skill in life...

Fuck me. I really wanted to attribute it all to Katy Perry.

In all seriousness I also think being relaxed and getting along with your Fireteam is just as important. It is a game, people need to appreciate that fact more than anything else.

Yeah this is very important. Communication is the most critical thing in a flawless run.

Actually now that I think of it communication is pretty much the most critical skill in life...

Fuck me. I really wanted to attribute it all to Katy Perry.

I think it was mostly Katy perry though. 98% Katy Perry. 2% other.

I'm going to give my review on The Dark Below, after playing over 50 hours of it.

The truth is, it's been alot of fun. I mean, Destiny was always a thorn on my side, it's a game I want to play but I FUCKING HATE THEIR DECISIONS. Anyway, it's been a good time. I've made new friends~ And you've all had to deal with my general badness. You've given me super good advice too. I'd stick that advice in my pockets. But yeah..I'm excited going into whatchu ma call it, the fallen raid thingy. Or Arena. I just hope they don't make infinity bad decisions. Oh and hawkmoon.

I give it a ketch me if you can/10 cause I just got that ship.

Great stuff Drizzay! We know we chose wisely :)

Would you be up for doing the mythical VoG flawless with only VoG armor?

This would be the feather in my cap if I could actually get it done sometime.

Edit: Not now of course reset is in an hour but I think it would be a blast to do.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Finally made a Warlock. Dear god - is this what jumping is? scust
think so? reading over it, it seems a bit basic and i don't think i went into enough detail about how to play with the gun. there's some good information in there for sure, but i probably could elaborate more about challenging and positioning.

perhaps that's more general advice than last word tips specifically, and i wouldn't be the best person for that. hell, i could follow my own advice more often and stop putting myself in dumb situations that lead to avoidable deaths.

shooting is only half the game. it can't really be taught, but it can be practiced. decision making on the other hand is something you must learn and constantly be aware of. you could say using the weapon effectively depends almost entirely on being in position to do so. and that's really difficult when the weapon is unleveled because it's fighting against its effective range.

You're one of the best PvP players on the planet. Your opinions have more value than you give yourself credit for, people appreciate your input.

^^

Give yourself some credit. I've always had the same issues and I still experiment too much for my own good but seeing someone write it up and put it to video in this community is dope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom