• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
got a ballerhorn from the vault while it was still giving out old gear. should i upgrade it or wait for HoW?

it basically has no progress on it.

I would say max it as a version 1.0 and wait for HoW to drop to ascend straight to 3.0. That should save you a shard and glimmer to not have Xur upgrade it to 2.0.

Tawpgun

I think he meant 347 Vesta Dynasty.
destiny-house-of-wolves-exotic-weapons.jpg

Bungie sandbox team or whoever makes these exotics doesn't seem to have a good grasp on the games mechanics. Considering how useless some of them are.

More accuracy for Golden Gun? That's pretty weak.

A scout rifle with a cool concept and poor execution (getting an armor buff/agility buff) Unless the buff is HUGE this doesn't mean shit considering Armor, Recovery, and Agility are such negligable stats.

the fact that damage levels are equalized and it tracks pvp skill, not player level. else you'd be able to restart characters to killgrind new players all the time..

If someone wanted to make a new character to kill new players then that would still be better than new players joining matches with level 31s+.

You are essentially useless on a team if you don't have most of your perk. Hell I remember when I made a new character and it was level 7 without jumps. I should have not been able to join teams of 20+

Two strange coins away from tlord. Already did weekly heroic strike. Level 29. Suggestions?

Edit: make that one!!! Thanks rahool!!!

There is a golden loot chest on Mars that has a strange coin in it if you haven't gotten all of those yet.

Other than that. Load up the Vanguard Strike playlist and go to town for engrams.

RemiLP

I really hope Destiny 2 just keeps adding. I want the whole solar system filed in with multiple Earth and Venus locations by the time we get to D4. Maybe even some deep space activities. I wouldn't mind a "home" location where you could store stuff long term. Maybe have a cool down on it so it doesn't eat up too much cost and bandwidth, but something better than dismantling when the vault gets full.

Me too. When destiny was released, it was kinda dissapointing. I was expecting a huge open and alive world.

But if they keep adding, it should be pretty big by Destiny 2.

Two strange coins away from tlord. Already did weekly heroic strike. Level 29. Suggestions?

Edit: make that one!!! Thanks rahool!!!
stock up on blue engrams and turn a them all in at once. I can get at least 1 or 2 coins out of him when I do that.

Also, there's a golden chest on Mars that gives out a coin if you haven't already found it.

edit: there you go!

Ophelion

While that would be cool, I want to see new worlds. For something that's supposed to be this grand space adventure, we've stayed close in our little solar system. I would expect Destiny 2 to expand further in our solar system, maybe even venture out near the end of its life cycle.

I do agree that new worlds would be good, but I like Destiny's focus on our solar system too.

We didn't get a lot of it in the actual game, but I was really intrigued by things in the Vidocs talking about how they wanted to have travel to the other worlds in our system feel like early Age of Exploration type adventures. I really like the idea of that.

Because I mean, obviously anything could be on planet Hoolavoo in the Galthorp system or whatever. But I thought I knew the moon and it turns out it's a portal to an evil alien hell dimension. If that's true, what the hell is going on near Saturn?! Or poor demoted Pluto?

Visiting worlds I've personally, physically seen through a telescope that are real worlds provides me with a little bit of a thrill. Even if in some cases they've been massively terraformed like Venus.

I really hope Destiny 2 just keeps adding. I want the whole solar system filed in with multiple Earth and Venus locations by the time we get to D4. Maybe even some deep space activities. I wouldn't mind a "home" location where you could store stuff long term. Maybe have a cool down on it so it doesn't eat up too much cost and bandwidth, but something better than dismantling when the vault gets full.

I believe this will be the case. That the current destinations we have are not going to go anywhere, and will be accessible to us in Destiny 2.

I realize this is very naive/optimistic.

It would just be very dissapointed to let go of a game that has 5 raids, 15 strikes, and 28 PvP maps, for a new game that has 1 raid, 5 strikes, and 9 PvP maps.

Especially if there are no major changes to gameplay.

So if Destiny 1 is Earth, Luna, Venus, and Mars. Destiny 2 will build on that and add, Earth (New Zone/Destination), Mercury, Europa, and Titan.

Frostburn

This is the first time ever that I've seen this for myself on my screen

From Xur's inventory... so closeee ;_; #TeamForeverNoBallerhorn

I feel your pain #TeamForeverNoBallerhorn

Anyone have the Gorgon's CheckPoint? I would like to get my 2 more shots at an exotic from that chest/would be cool doing Atheon another 2 times as well.

jett

D-Member
Interesting analysis of Crucible kills on Reddit:

My biggest takeaways:

• The shotgun situation. I have most definitely had many games where my shotgun kill count dwarfed my primary kill count, but the fact that with the community overall, they EASILY account for the majority of kills is insane given their secondary status. I'm still an adamant believer that you should start with zero special ammo even after the special ammo nerf.
  • The fact that auto rifles still dwarf the amount of pulse rifle kills despite not being that viable shows that people just like using auto rifles. The nerf to them still seems misguided since the reason they're so popular is more about people being comfortable with them rather than their actual viability.
  • Either the max rocket launcher ammo count needs to be buffed across the board by one or two, or the LMG max ammo count needs to be nerfed across the board. Without a heavy ammo perk, you only get 2 rockets from the heavy drop. Even with the possibility of instantly shutting down an LMG user, the stats show their overall kill count is still significantly lower than LMGs even before IB with the LMG bounty.

Interesting, although evident information. Thanks for posting!

Auto-rifles are straight-up garbage now, it's obvious people would flock to handguns. I've never liked handguns in PVP before, but now I'm forced to use my Hawkmoon (sometimes I use a Timur's Lash, but eh), because fuck you Bungie. Nobody is ever gonna use pulse or scout in PVP, those weapons will always be shit. Bungie has created two weapon classes that present zero reason for existing. They really screwed up at balancing everything. Those two are utterly useless. Doesn't matter what Bungie does, nobody is every going to care for those shit-class weapons.

Personally I'm a main Fusion guy, it's my go-to weapon, over any primary. People like me were the most affected by the stupid ammo patch. :( Shotgunners gonna shotgun, they haven't been affected AT ALL, and almost nobody uses snipers. Again, eat shit Bungie. I use a wonderful Perun's Fire with some decent rolls. But now the Crucible has me running around looking for ammo. Sigh.

I never understood why people use rockets in PVP. You get such a low amount of ammo, and I rarely see multikills from rockets. OTOH, with my Swarm+field scout, I regularly get 10 kills, if I survive long enough. I also miss the purple drops here. I think the patch has really fucked shit up. Now people, including me, are very protective of their purple ammo, and would rather hide until the other team wastes theirs. The change here has screwed up the pacing of the matches. When ammo drops, it's usually the whole of Alpha in one end, and the whole of Bravo in the other.

In short, Bungie needs to fucking think before they do this shit.

I'm either rusty, I suck or the lag on the other team was so bad you couldn't hit them, but I went 1-20 in a match last night... It was my first night playing since October 19th.

Well there goes our exclusive content. What are people doing to get banned here on GAF?

There was a Destiny thread on gaming about 3 months ago, where someone was asking if they should buy physical/digital.

Roughly 60% of the replies were just "Neither" or a variation of it.

Almost everyone who posted like that was banned that day for drive-by shit posting.

I don't think Impact Props sells it yet... but they want $420 for the Thorn, and $420 for The Last Word so I can only imagine Hawkmoon will be the same price :eek:

$420 .... but hey my 30th birthday is coming up so maybe.....

hehehe 420 :p but I am an enabler so I will always say Do it :p

Xpost

What I'd like to see is class upgrading. Let's say you hit level 40 for example. You now have a choice to upgrade your Sun Singer Warlock to an ascended version of that subclass, say, the Sun Screamer. It's a more advanced version, with a new set of similar and balanced but more powerful abilities that you can work through to upgrade, while the maxed out "old" Sun Singer subclass gets copied into a new slot for you. The abilities would still be Solar-based, or maybe one of three new element types. This would be on top of the Arc Spinner subclass that will be added to the Warlocks that is focused around a destructo-disc style frisbee arc grenade and a super that infuses all your weapons with Arc bonus damage for a time.

This is long term stuff I'm dreaming, but it would be so awesome. At the very least I want to see each class have their third sub class added in Comet, and then we can talk about Ascended subclasses for Destiny 2 :p

stb

THUNDERLORD IS MINE!!! Finally! Thanks Xur!

Can't wait to get home tonight and begin leveling it up! I may even buy a 2nd one just for the hell of it.

Just a drive-by to congratulate Dave on his whale!

Hopefully this means my Hawkmoon isn't far behind... =)

In all seriousness, though, is TLord worth stocking up on to have one per character? It doesn't seem in the same tier as BH, HoC, FB, IB, Ghorn...

jett

D-Member
I occasionally see some poor guy using MIDA, trying to justify the coins he wasted on that thing. It's okay, guy, you made a mistake, just like I did.

Auto-rifles are garbage...

Auto-rifles have 250% more kills than Scout Rifles...

What does that make scout rifles?

That's because a majority of the maps aren't built for scouts. Maps like First Light or Bastion the scout is great on. However, most of the maps are small or have a lot of close quarters. That's why shotguns are so good, also add in movement skills like Blink, it just makes them insane.

I occasionally see some poor guy using MIDA, trying to justify the coins he wasted on that thing. It's okay, guy, you made a mistake, just like I did.

Its not bad, that boost to movement speed allows you to run circles around your enemies even when ads. It also hits pretty hard as well and has good range

Top of the page.
Join team path of the hawk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom