• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jett

D-Member
Pulse Rifles and Scout Rifles both still have their place, regardless of what people do. The majority of people aren't good at PvP. I have no idea why we would just accept the majority as being correct. In my opinion, the Bad Juju is either the best or second best (Last Word) gun in PvP. Fast TTK, forgiving style, and relevevant perks make it one of the most severely underrated guns in the game. High impact Scout Rifles such at the Badger CCL and the Rex are still absurdly good. My Badger CCL with max'd stability and Firefly is a 3-shot godsend, especially on maps where there are sight lines to heavy ammo to make use of the Firefly perk.

The biggest issue isn't that they are worthless, but that none of the guns differentiate from one another. You have good weapons and bad weapons. They are all fairly multi-purpose.

Rockets are there to counter people using Heavy. Rockets beat Heavy Machine guns. In a game where the other team is trash, the machine gun is better. In Iron Banner where you have two teams of six against each other, the rockets are better.

Don't you dare talk shit about my precious MIDA. He has feelings too you know!

lol I guess there's something for everyone out there.

Ironically it just got buffed with the new effect. Shit's maddening.

I literally die with two bullets, every single time. After two bullets I'm still "alive" but the damage over time effect does me in. It has the quickest TTK I've experienced from a primary.

I literally die with two bullets, every single time. After two bullets I'm still "alive" but the damage over time effect does me in. It has the quickest TTK I've experienced from a primary.

Your armor must be low. If you have higher armor, it wont kill you in two shots unless they're using aggressive ballistics and land two headshots.

I see it fairly often (and use it pretty effectively) in Rumble. I think I see your implied point that it's limited in the 3v3 modes however.

don't remember the last time i played rumble so i'll take your word for it.

lol I guess there's something for everyone out there.

Kekeke. It's crazy how weapon balance has been turned upside down since launch. Invective used to be complete shit and now it's pretty much god-tier. Same with thorn. I remember how maddening the small mag + slow reload used to be.

What were auto rifles nerfed at? 50% damage reduction? Should have been 25-30%..

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=161906887&postcount=743
Destiny Update - 02/25/2015 | 1.1.1

Auto Rifles
Reduced base damage of Auto Rifles by 2.5%
Reduced effective range values

Pulse Rifles
Increased base damage of Pulse Rifles by 9.7%

Hand Cannons
Slightly reduced effective range
Slightly reduced initial accuracy

Fusion Rifles
Widened blast pattern on a Fusion Rifle burst cone
Reduced starting ammunition in PVP

Shotguns
Increased damage against all non-Guardian combatants by 2x (100% increase)
Reduced high-end range values
Damage falloff starts sooner

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Kekeke. It's crazy how weapon balance has been turned upside down since launch. Invective used to be complete shit and now it's pretty much god-tier. Same with thorn. I remember how maddening the small mag + slow reload used to be.
outside of the waking nightmare that is Thorn, I give my wow vote to Universal Remote. It was pretty much ranked dead last or just ahead of Super Good Advice for everyone. Then after the shotgun buff, Xur happened to sell it and it was like a strange coin shower. Amazing what you can get up to with that gun these days, as long as there be no lightswitch afoot.

Monte Carlo and Bad Juju's buffs were fantastic as well.
What were auto rifles nerfed at? 50% damage reduction? Should have been 25-30%..
lol

Ophelion

I'd love to be able to use my Hard Light in PvE again at least. It looks so cool, but it just doesn't cut it. Sometimes I still break it out for fun, but it's a novelty weapon for me at this point. Sad, really.

I don't remember, but honestly, I thought they were totally fine where they were before the last nerf. It's just other weapons needed to be adjusted around them (Pulse most of all). Maybe a slight range or accuracy reduction to keep them a mid range weapon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Jesus. Why does it feel like 50%...
Edit: bah. Probably because of the range nerf.
Honestly, I had no problem with the range nerf, they really were operable outside of what Bungie wants their engagement zone to be. The damage nerf was unnecessary, and they could even have been slightly buffed in that regard to slot more definitely into their stated role.

edit: ^indeed, I found this range nerf to be pretty slight, not really offensive. The original one was what was really necessary. You're right in that that patch (which also included the pulse changes) shouldn't have messed with AR damage at all.
Shotguns
Increased damage against all non-Guardian combatants by 2x (100% increase)
Reduced high-end range values
Damage falloff starts sooner

I straight up don't buy it. Maybe somebody put a negative sign at the beginning of the variables they meant to tweak for this and they got buffed.

Kyne

I don't remember, but honestly, I thought they were totally fine where they were before the last nerf. It's just other weapons needed to be adjusted around them (Pulse most of all). Maybe a slight range or accuracy reduction to keep them a mid range weapon.

I missed out on the exotic auto rifle train. I got Hardlight / Suros after the nerf. So sad.

Auto Rifles didn't need to get nerfed in PvE. They've handled Shotguns differently across the two game modes, I don't see why they can't buff AR's again.

No weapons or weapon types should really be nerfed, by doing so they just set a precedent that nerfing is the way to fix the perceived issue.

Like others have stated in the thread in the past, we want powerful weapons. Making stronger weapons would surely promote the weapon diversity they are looking for more than nerfing a weapon type (auto rifles).

I straight up don't buy it. Maybe somebody put a negative sign at the beginning of the variables they meant to tweak for this and they got buffed.

Lol, I see I'm not the only one. If anything, I feel like I'm getting OHKd from further. That might be a result of the proliferation of the vendor version of Felwinter though.

Tawpgun

I don't like an AR buff in Crucible for the same reason I don't like it in Halo.

AR's are piss easy to use. The Suros Era was so stupid. Reward better marksmanship with better kill times. Those who struggle can shotgun and suros their way to kills.

ocean

Banned
No weapons or weapon types should really be nerfed, by doing so they just set a precedent that nerfing is the way to fix the perceived issue.

Like others have stated in the thread in the past, we want powerful weapons. Making stronger weapons would surely promote the weapon diversity they are looking for more than nerfing a weapon type (auto rifles).
Destiny already has too many ways to die too quickly. Grenades, Supers, Rockets, melee/shot, one-shot shotguns and fusion rifles and final round snipers, 0.5s TLW headshot kills etc.

Making everything kill faster isn't necessarily the best answer.

Theorry

No, shotguns should have their range nerfed in PvP. :p

Shotguns definitely need a nerf, pvp wise. Pve they are fine, since they are more of a risk reward type weapon. You can easily get one shot in pve due to Lightswitch plus arc damage. So there's a risk in using them.

Gordon

So I was pretty hyped initially when I was aware that HoW was Fallen. Fallen are my favourite enemy group, for a lot of different reasons. I was a little disappointed by the lack of a raid, but after having a look at the HoW firefight gameplay and the fallen guns, I'm reasonably stoked. I wish that sweet Titan helm was
symmetrical
though. That's gonna bug the shit out of me.

And I heard about new
weapon classes
. Do I have to spoiler that shit? I saw it in passing on youtube and figured it would be loud and proud in the BWU but I haven't heard anything since. Haven't exactly been sifting the deepweb or anything though lol

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't like an AR buff in Crucible for the same reason I don't like it in Halo.

AR's are piss easy to use. The Suros Era was so stupid. Reward better marksmanship with better kill times. Those who struggle can shotgun and suros their way to kills.
I agree with this, it's just that they were basically fine after the original nerf- didn't need the (kind of tiny) further nerf while other classes were being buffed. SUROS was still a totally viable top-tier PvP exotic at that point, it just wasn't the absolute king it used to be... whereas it's outclassed left and right now.

ARs in Destiny are ridiculously easy to use though. I played around with SUROS after the first time Xur sold it, and it just felt dirty to me. Aim and hit win button. Worse than Plan C! (which btw for some reason has fallen off the radar screen for people despite still being ridiculously incredible)
Shotguns definitely need a nerf, pvp wise. Pve they are fine, since they are more of a risk reward type weapon. You can easily get one shot in pve due to Lightswitch plus arc damage. So there's a risk in using them.
They're perfect in PvE. An absolute blast. 4th Horseman has rocketed to one of my favorite guns in the game because of that buff. And the wild range is absolutely necessary and fair- because strong enemies are not oneshot kills even point blank, like every single human player always forever is.

They're just really like, super shotguns in the Crucible. Like they are meant to be a new kind of weapon that is viable at just under mid-range versus extreme close range as they should be.

Kal_El

Pulse Rifles and Scout Rifles both still have their place, regardless of what people do. The majority of people aren't good at PvP. I have no idea why we would just accept the majority as being correct. In my opinion, the Bad Juju is either the best or second best (Last Word) gun in PvP. Fast TTK, forgiving style, and relevevant perks make it one of the most severely underrated guns in the game. High impact Scout Rifles such at the Badger CCL and the Rex are still absurdly good. My Badger CCL with max'd stability and Firefly is a 3-shot godsend, especially on maps where there are sight lines to heavy ammo to make use of the Firefly perk.

I'm am also a Bad Juju advocate. The stability on that thing is amazing. I routinely beat thorn and hawkmoon. I just finished leveling up my 2nd one yesterday.

if only it worked like that. the weapons rewarding better marksmanship are probably going to be nerfed.

if bungie had their way, they would have nerfed halo 1's pistol.

I agree with this, it's just that they were basically fine after the original nerf- didn't need the (kind of tiny) further nerf while other classes were being buffed. SUROS was still a totally viable top-tier PvP exotic at that point, it just wasn't the absolute king it used to be... whereas it's outclassed left and right now.

ARs in Destiny are ridiculously easy to use though. I played around with SUROS after the first time Xur sold it, and it just felt dirty to me. Aim and hit win button. Worse than Plan C! (which btw for some reason has fallen off the radar screen for people despite still being ridiculously incredible)

Because Plan B is Felwinter's Lie

Deku Tree

Not sure if it was already posted but Destiny item manager got a big update.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/35aoy6/dim_destiny_item_manager_v300_massive_update/

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/destiny-item-manager/apghicjnekejhfancbkahkhdckhdagna

Here some gifs

Drag and Drop & Smartly Equipping Exotics

http://imgur.com/PYU9KQG

Applying a Loadout

http://imgur.com/ZfqUxfb

Our New Filter Command Dialog and Multiple Searches

http://imgur.com/qM73mkF

Needs iOS app or I can't use it. Main good feature of any of these is "loadouts". Bungie should code "loadouts" into their official app.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not sure if it was already posted but Destiny item manager got a big update.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/35aoy6/dim_destiny_item_manager_v300_massive_update/

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/destiny-item-manager/apghicjnekejhfancbkahkhdckhdagna

Here some gifs

Drag and Drop & Smartly Equipping Exotics

http://imgur.com/PYU9KQG

Applying a Loadout

http://imgur.com/ZfqUxfb

Our New Filter Command Dialog and Multiple Searches

http://imgur.com/qM73mkF
anyone have any thoughts on this post-update versus Tower Ghost?

Looks like the interface might be a little nicer than TG?

Dave_6

Just a drive-by to congratulate Dave on his whale!

Hopefully this means my Hawkmoon isn't far behind... =)

In all seriousness, though, is TLord worth stocking up on to have one per character? It doesn't seem in the same tier as BH, HoC, FB, IB, Ghorn...

Thanks man! I feel a Hawkmoon is coming your way very soon!

Destiny already has too many ways to die too quickly. Grenades, Supers, Rockets, melee/shot, one-shot shotguns and fusion rifles and final round snipers, 0.5s TLW headshot kills etc.

Making everything kill faster isn't necessarily the best answer.

I guess I should have stated I lean more pve, for pvp I'm sure it's a lot more difficult to balance. Nerfing though just means something new will take the nerfed weapons place that people will say is overpowered, then what is the solution now for that weapon?

Of course there is probably no easy solution and if they figure anything out probably won't be till destiny 2.

I DID IT. I KILLED URZOK!

Thank you, Secret Handshake. Plus, it was SUPER helpful that it was an actual public event defending the Warsat with a couple Guardians to help.

Are you going to be on in about an hour or so? There are 2 other GAFers that have never done Crota's End that want to raid about then. With you and I that'll make 4, and I'm sure we can find another 2 easily.

Anyone up for the Nightfall on the One?

I can help with Nightfall if you need it, too

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The only exotic I'm still yearning for...
It's great. I loved it even before the pulse buff, best-looking sights in the game as well.

edit: top of paaage

found a high res shot of it
qY8cjcH.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom