• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_6

Took this in one of our raid runs Tues night; thought it was cool.
17240931719_3fff7a5d47_o.jpg

Karl2177

So here is a question that Fyrewulff could probably answer.

If bungie wanted to make a spiritual successor to a halo map, could they?

Like, could they make a spiritual successor to Rat's Nest or Standoff? For some reason I feel like Rat's nest would be amazing for Destiny gameplay.

The raw geometry exists, but it would have to be upgraded to match the poly details required for the next gen systems. I think the biggest issue you'd run into is copyright and contractual stuff. Halo 3 was still before Bungie separated from Microsoft, and I'm not too informed on the particular details of what Bungie does and doesn't own for Halo 3. I believe ODST and Halo: Reach are the only two that Bungie owns certain trademarks for.

hydruxo

Not sure if it was already posted but Destiny item manager got a big update.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/35aoy6/dim_destiny_item_manager_v300_massive_update/

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/destiny-item-manager/apghicjnekejhfancbkahkhdckhdagna

Here some gifs

Drag and Drop & Smartly Equipping Exotics

http://imgur.com/PYU9KQG

Applying a Loadout

http://imgur.com/ZfqUxfb

Our New Filter Command Dialog and Multiple Searches

http://imgur.com/qM73mkF

Oh man, I've been using DIM for a while but that loadout feature is so great.

BuzzJive

In honor of Xur selling the Thunderlord, I'll share the epic story of how I got my Thunderlord:

I went in to the Crota Raid by myself, went in to the first room there on the left with a chest, opened the chest, got a Thunderlord. This was the last week that exotics were available in that first chest (the previous week, I got my first Icebreaker from that chest).

I now have over 17 days (410 hours+) of active playtime and no Gjallahorn. I'd gladly buy one from Xur and remember that as the epic story of how I got it.

Homeboyd

No weapons or weapon types should really be nerfed, by doing so they just set a precedent that nerfing is the way to fix the perceived issue.

Like others have stated in the thread in the past, we want powerful weapons. Making stronger weapons would surely promote the weapon diversity they are looking for more than nerfing a weapon type (auto rifles).
Something about this post seems off. Like, it's not something you would normally say. I can't put my finger on it...

But something is off.

I'm on to you man.

ocean

Banned
Are those Chrome extensions safe to use? They look extremely useful for loadout swapping if you wanna do the same thing across multiple characters (like all-void loadout on my Titan for Weekly then swap that out to my Hunter to run weekly again).

I am just terribly kermit-phobic :( I haven't looked them up though, how do they work?

It's great. I loved it even before the pulse buff, best-looking sights in the game as well.

edit: top of paaage

found a high res shot of it
qY8cjcH.png

Love the picture. Is there one of the Suros? It's still my first love, and will be the second exotic I ascend when HoW gets here. I think it will be awesome against the boss that phase shifts his shields. Sword breaker (edit...the other raid shotgun, found verdict) for arc, CM for void, GG for solar, and Suros to beat him down as soon as the shields drop.

The raw geometry exists, but it would have to be upgraded to match the poly details required for the next gen systems. I think the biggest issue you'd run into is copyright and contractual stuff. Halo 3 was still before Bungie separated from Microsoft, and I'm not too informed on the particular details of what Bungie does and doesn't own for Halo 3. I believe ODST and Halo: Reach are the only two that Bungie owns certain trademarks for.

Right, which is why I'm not asking for an up-port but a spiritual successor. Like the assets and imagery can all be brand new, but the general layout of the map and most of the geometry would be the same.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Love the picture. Is there one of the Suros? It's still my first love, and will be the second exotic I ascend when HoW gets here. I think it will be awesome against the boss that phase shifts his shields. Sword breaker (edit...the other raid shotgun, found verdict) for arc, CM for void, GG for solar, and Suros to beat him down as soon as the shields drop.
uonsj2j.png

credit to radiochicken1 on DA.

Impala26

Cragmire remake confirmed.

vctor182

Overall AR have 15% dmg nerf right? and range drop off. They should give them a 7% buff in PvE. It makes me sad to have Suros, Monte Carlo and Hard Light maxed and not using them.

how about the mythoclast?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
oh yea, i forgot that some people are going to be salty about those who bought it instead of "earned" it
I got a taste of that with my Gjallarhorn during week 2. Apparently I did not earn the currency I used to purchase it!

To console myself through bleary eyes, I killed things with my Gjallarhorn during week 2.
how about the mythoclast?
nah, he must not have it yet :(

BTW, the Vex, still monstrous in the Crucible too and incredibly easy to use.

raindoc

Visiting worlds I've personally, physically seen through a telescope that are real worlds provides me with a little bit of a thrill. Even if in some cases they've been massively terraformed like Venus.

Lore-time: how comes that "we" terraformed Venus into a jungle world, while Mars is still a desert?
And what about the Moon? No terraforming at all.
The bodies lying around are wearing the same suits mankind was using when they first discovered the Traveller?
And look at the space debris floating in orbit - that ISS look-alikes don't really match with the story of a human civ that was technologically more advanced than our Guardians and their ships are now.

You all know that the "Venus" and "Mars" portals in the VoG don't take you to those planets, but to the VoG in different points in time.
Maybe our ships are more Delorean than Enterprise?

Another thing, regarding the Traveller: isn't it strange that the maximum battle damage it seems to have taken is located on the "south pole", the part directly facing the city it supposedly died defending?
If that really were the case, shouldn't the max damage be anywhere but where it is now? It looks more like the city fired everything it got into it...

So here is a question that Fyrewulff could probably answer.

If bungie wanted to make a spiritual successor to a halo map, could they?

Like, could they make a spiritual successor to Rat's Nest or Standoff? For some reason I feel like Rat's nest would be amazing for Destiny gameplay.

Rat's Nest will be nothing but final round across the tubes >.>

if they're going to make a Halo map, they need to use one with a lot of height variation. If they pick the large open flat ones, the snipers will ruin it. Skyshock and Bastion probably be good Halo maps with Halo's vehicle set.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You all know that the "Venus" and "Mars" portals in the VoG don't take you to those planets, but to the VoG in different points in time.
Maybe our ships are more Delorean than Enterprise?
The Vex, and Vex alone, have the ability to interact with and control time to an extent. We have nothing of the sort.

BTW, I think I did mention in the Newbie raid that those portals take you to the past and future of the same room you're in, but I was too sloshed to give it a little bit of lore flavor; namely, that Atheon would prefer not to just kill you by shooting at you (we know guardians in-universe can come back from the dead somehow), but instead teleporting all of you (3 at a time) into either the past or future, effectively removing you from his present and never having to worry about you again. So when you see "you are forever lost in the dark corners of time" (as in, the first team teleported doesn't successfully make it out, and then the other 3 are ported), that's a "flawless victory" for Mr. Time's Conflux

hoggert

I'm seriously considering upgrading my current lowest possible stat roll Third Man with Xur's almost max stat trade in/upgrade today. HoW is sooo close, whats wrong with me 😓

mamoui

Are those Chrome extensions safe to use? They look extremely useful for loadout swapping if you wanna do the same thing across multiple characters (like all-void loadout on my Titan for Weekly then swap that out to my Hunter to run weekly again).

I am just terribly kermit-phobic :( I haven't looked them up though, how do they work?
I don't know how safe they are about losing items ( never had a problem with dim myself), but they are kermitproof. You don't login in the app, it require you to be loged on bungie.net. My gess is the app send scripted commands to bungie.net and the regular bungie transfer do all the work.

Theorry

They are safe. But just dont use them when you are flying (load screen) that can mess it up maybe.

ethomaz

Banned
Weapons I love on Crucible.

- Hawkmoon: no matter what people says if you are good at headshots it is your gun... two head shots kills most of times.

- Read Death: lovely weapon that recover your health after one to one battle... you don't need to cool down.

- Secret Handshake: it a shotgun with mid-range damage... awesome... most of time one hit kill.

- Corrective Measure: kills guys in a row with this gun is a must... I prefer Thunderlord over it but the fact I need a Exotic Slot for primaries made me choose this gun.

oh yea, i forgot that some people are going to be salty about those who bought it instead of "earned" it
Personally to all those people who are salty about buying it instead of "earning" it
Think Bungie mention before that Xur was the main way to get exotics. RNGesus is an extra incentive however we know how that turned out..a massive backfire on their part for being prickly on what Xur sells :p

anyways the point is people shouldnt be salty about Xur selling Exotics.

Not sure if it was already posted but Destiny item manager got a big update.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/35aoy6/dim_destiny_item_manager_v300_massive_update/

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/destiny-item-manager/apghicjnekejhfancbkahkhdckhdagna

Here some gifs

Drag and Drop & Smartly Equipping Exotics

http://imgur.com/PYU9KQG

Applying a Loadout

http://imgur.com/ZfqUxfb

Our New Filter Command Dialog and Multiple Searches

http://imgur.com/qM73mkF

Very nice! I love the drag and drop :)

Bravo.

YES!!! I knew there'd be more sidearms. I love that there's a new weapon class with HoW. So great. Is this PS exclusive? I bet it is, isn't it.

I DID IT. I KILLED URZOK!

Thank you, Secret Handshake. Plus, it was SUPER helpful that it was an actual public event defending the Warsat with a couple Guardians to help.

Sorry I couldn't join you earlier. Funny that you're talking about killing Urzok, I finished him off twice today myself. :lol Finally got those missions out of my Warlock and Hunter's inventory.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
"Take a look around. You'll find some interesting allies here."

Cut to robot. Cut to other robot. Cut to yet another robot.
Yup, I laughed hard at that part. Otherwise, looking good! I have a feeling I'm gonna get sick of seeing Egyptian armor tho. Too gaudy.

Toa TAK

Banned
Sorry I couldn't join you earlier. Funny that you're talking about killing Urzok, I finished him off twice today myself. :lol Finally got those missions out of my Warlock and Hunter's inventory.

It's all good! Glad you were able to get them done (twice you lucky punk). lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom