• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target Mark is also a useful PvP perk. You enemies don't know their being targeted but your team-mates can see it.

Yep, and I need all the help I can get in PvP. Could also be useful to mark the swordbearer in Crota.

Congrats bro, im happy for you! Ace weapon

Thanks man! At the moment I kinda wish it was void damage, but that's just because I'm on the PvP section of the Thorn bounty.

Good raid/strike groups are the reason I still play and will continue to do so. I'm a bit worried about the time gap between HoW and Comet (especially lvl 35 PoE probably being a slog like HM Crota), I believe around Aug/Sept with no new raid and everyone having everything they want/need that it may be tricky to get good groups together, at least for those of us who don't blow through rolls on reset. We'll see, at least I'll have a couple other games to check out if I start feeling burned out. Maybe I might even blow the dust off the ole X1 lol!

And I think it's about time I fully rep DGAF with a Destiny avatar, thanks for the idea- the first emblem I bought from the Speaker :) (still chuckle about DGAF, really don't give a fuck!)

Yep, even if the rolls are crap it's always great to play with a fun group.

GutZ31

It would be kinda interesting if there was a mechanic that blurred our vision due to sweat getting in our eyes due to the heat (oh the rage lol). Thanks Traveler, your A/C tech has kept us Guardians cool and comfy fighting minions of The Darkness!

Don't even need that mechanic to rage, just look out towards the sun from inside, you are most likely going to be blind to the 6 guardians standing 30 feet in front you.

I'll take one of those spots.
8b5.gif

Just 4 manned HM crota with an epic win. Titan died right at the last sword, enrage starts, other guy on the ledge with me dies, I keep shooting rickets anyway. Enrage glitches and doesn't kill me and the sword guy. I unload all my ghorns and he goes down. And I still didn't get the crux, cmon game!

jett

D-Member
Those are datamined patch notes and should not be taken as final... it would be totally lame if they are actually fixing the heavy ammo glitch on HM Crota.

But it's not really a big deal to me if they only prevent you from replenishing special ammo on another special by switching to IceBreaker temporarily... I never use that anyway... not sure why they would prioritize fixing that anyway...

If real I guess there are no major balance patches this time around.

Also, I find it kinda funny Bungie never closed the safe zone in The Nexus.

I'll take one of those spots.
8b5.gif
"ME!ME!ME!" is what your should have posted.

Good raid/strike groups are the reason I still play and will continue to do so. I'm a bit worried about the time gap between HoW and Comet (especially lvl 35 PoE probably being a slog like HM Crota), I believe around Aug/Sept with no new raid and everyone having everything they want/need that it may be tricky to get good groups together, at least for those of us who don't blow through rolls on reset. We'll see, at least I'll have a couple other games to check out if I start feeling burned out. Maybe I might even blow the dust off the ole X1 lol!

And I think it's about time I fully rep DGAF with a Destiny avatar, thanks for the idea- the first emblem I bought from the Speaker :) (still chuckle about DGAF, really don't give a fuck!)

Yeah thats has been the only reason I still am play or rather being to play again after my month and a half of bloodborne, dark souls 2 and finals. Lol my X1 is also a good dust collector as well.

ocean

Banned
I once thought like him/her.

Then I realised that only Titan can superman-bomb people. A superman bomb!!!

I usually miss whoever I'm going for but damn I still look cool.
Are you trying to use Death From Above? It takes some getting used to. Practice it on Patrol and you'll figure out the jump angle. You'll be able to superman from across a great distance :)

Ken

Do people here do VoG NM runs for newbies? I want to try to get in at least one run before HoW comes out once I reach level 30/31.

Deku Tree

Do people here do VoG NM runs for newbies? I want to try to get in at least one run before HoW comes out once I reach level 30/31.

Yes people do. I believe Hawkian does a regular newbie raid each week. Others happen frequently you just have to sign up when they pop up in the thread, or start your own.

X-Frame

Is there a guide anywhere that explains what sort of muzzle/barrel upgrades to take for certain weapons classes (or specific weapons) to improve their TTK, efficiency, etc?

I've always been going by the stat bars for weapons to achieve the best bang for the buck balance, but I've been reading that basically min/maxing some combinations really improve TTK for weapons like Thorn or TLW.

I'm wondering if I have most of my weapons set up incorrectly ..

Atone13

Hawkian runs a weekly newbie raid and speaking from experience, they're pretty awesome. This week's is already done, but you can keep on eye on this, https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DcCXWHn5EYFKlJmPjawNCHovK8v9IrBORo3WrcPfTE8/closedform. And signup for this coming weeks raid when it gets posted. I don't think you have to even be 30 for the normal VoG newbie raid, I'm not sure, but I think 26 is the requirement he has set for that particular group.

Namikaze1

We do. :)

There's a lot of us here willing to help out. If you're on PS4, send me a friend request. PSN is namikaze1. I'm up for helping with anything that isn't Crucible. Crucible isn't my cup of tea.

Ken

Yes people do. I believe Hawkian does a regular newbie raid each week. Others happen frequently you just have to sign up when they pop up in the thread, or start your own.

Hawkian runs a weekly newbie raid and speaking from experience, they're pretty awesome. This week's is already done, but you can keep on eye on this, https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1DcCXWHn5EYFKlJmPjawNCHovK8v9IrBORo3WrcPfTE8/closedform. And signup for this coming weeks raid when it gets posted. I don't think you have to even be 30 for the normal VoG newbie raid, I'm not sure, but I think 26 is the requirement he has set for that particular group.

We do. :)

There's a lot of us here willing to help out. If you're on PS4, send me a friend request. PSN is namikaze1. I'm up for helping with anything that isn't Crucible. Crucible isn't my cup of tea.

Cool, thanks. Will keep an eye out.

Hawkian's newbie raid is great. Also, if you just post that you are new to raiding and would like to do VoG NM, anyone who joins will know to be patient and explain the mechanics. Reset day probably isn't great for that since people are just trying to grind as fast as possible, but anytime after 6 pm est there's a good chance you'll find some willing souls. NM VoG with first timers is great.

Namikaze1

Lol! I'm guessing the lone thumbs down on my Hezen vid is from Breezy.

I'm sorry breezy.

I should do another one for the dupes I have. Don't know which weapon it will be. It has to be an exotic and it can't be Gjallarhorn.

deafmedal

Good Morning DGaf

Anyone running anything today?
I'll be looking to start a raid group soon, still need a couple of VoG & 1 more NM CE. Eating breakfast right now, will be ready to hop on in 30-45 mins :)

As previously said hawkian does the newbie raid, you could look there, I wouldn't mind running you through it today if we could get a group together. FYI, lvl 28 is perfect for NM VoG, don't need to be 30/31 :)

improve TTK for weapons like Thorn or TLW.

Aggressive ballistics on TLW is the only way to play.

If you're available today and there are enough interested folks, I could sherpa a NM VoG run anytime really. Just hanging around the house today.

edit: also what deafmedal said- NM VoG enemies max out at Lv28 so there's no need to be any higher than that. Also sounds like he also might be able to help sherpa-derp.

I'll be looking to start a raid group soon, still need a couple of VoG & 1 more NM CE. Eating breakfast right now, will be ready to hop on in 30-45 mins :)

As previously said hawkian does the newbie raid, you could look there, I wouldn't mind running you through it today if we could get a group together. FYI, lvl 28 is perfect for NM VoG, don't need to be 30/31 :)

Agreed. You really get the full experience if you're not over leveled. And don't join a checkpoint run. Do the whole thing from the start. The experience is better than the loot drops.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Are you trying to use Death From Above? It takes some getting used to. Practice it on Patrol and you'll figure out the jump angle. You'll be able to superman from across a great distance :)

I shall do this!

Soon I shall be so powerful I'll be able to superman via the Internet and the whole world will crumble! Muhahahahaha

Namikaze1

Yo Drizzay!

I'm still waiting for that post!

Anyway, can you change Path of the Hawk to School of Hawk in the clan section, please. The clan had a recent name change.

Ken

Oops, I mean CE NM not VoG. I had done VoG NM but quit before TDB and returned this week, so CE NM is the thing I wanted to try running.

Sorry for the confusion; I shouldn't post when I'm sleepy.

Namikaze1

Oops, I mean CE NM not VoG. I had done VoG NM but quit before TDB and returned this week, so CE NM is the thing I wanted to try running.

Sorry for the confusion; I shouldn't post when I'm sleepy.
No problem. :)

A lot of us run both raids each week. Like I said, I can help out with anything non-Crucible.

Deku Tree

ATM I have an old Saints helmet, Eris gloves, and new Vanguard chest and boots.

You might try do some bounties and fill in some bubbles on your armor to get to level 30 or even 31 if you want to be able to contribute in the second half of CE NM.

Edit: when HoW comes out you'll be able to buy 36 light armor directly from the tower vendors.

phen0m24

Is there a guide anywhere that explains what sort of muzzle/barrel upgrades to take for certain weapons classes (or specific weapons) to improve their TTK, efficiency, etc?

I've always been going by the stat bars for weapons to achieve the best bang for the buck balance, but I've been reading that basically min/maxing some combinations really improve TTK for weapons like Thorn or TLW.

I'm wondering if I have most of my weapons set up incorrectly ..
I'm sorry but who are you and where did you come from? :p

Waves at X

deafmedal

ATM I have an old Saints helmet, Eris gloves, and new Vanguard chest and boots.

You might try do some bounties and fill in some bubbles on your armor to get to level 30 or even 31 if you want to be able to contribute in the second half of CE NM.

Edit: when HoW comes out you'll be able to buy 36 light armor directly from the tower vendors.

Yup, and my offer still stands, more than happy to run with you today if you like. NM CE is easier to fill than NM VoG so getting a group together shouldn't be an issue :)

Ken

Yeah, I'm hoping to get 30 this week. 31 if I can somehow get a new exotic Titan helmet.

I can join for VOG runs,
PSN: Narasingh

ocean

Banned
I shall do this!

Soon I shall be so powerful I'll be able to superman via the Internet and the whole world will crumble! Muhahahahaha
Target distant enemies from different angles. Like try hitting higher ground or enemies below or enemies at the same vertical level but just far away. Any Patrol area works. One of my favorite in game moments is coming across a Devil Walker public event and supermanning towards it from far away. It's like whattupppp bitches Titan wrecking ball here.

I shall do this!

Oh no! I see your performance on VoG yesterday as a lvl 26 got to your head! On the way to become Superman you've already developed Superego! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom