• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lima

So I read, thanks Drizzay! Is Aggressive Ballistics the best choice for any weapon that has it, or does it only make sense if choosing that actually reduces the amount of head and/or body shots to kill?

You should use it on any weapon unless we are talking about a shotgun where it can actually reduce range.

I kinda like this one. Just put House with a capital H.

Still voting for 'A Prison of Elders', though.

Yeah, that's just perfect.

So I finished off my Bad Juju bounty at like 5 am last night. Now I have a lovely day of leveling up all my new swag ahead of me. Won't be spending many shards, but I'd like to get all the bubbles popped. My poor alts are still at level 8 but I can't tear myself away!!

I have a question about VOG progress and hopping into checkpoints.

I jumped into my buddy's save with my hunter to open the chest after the Templar to try to get an exotic (only got shards). I want to go back and restart the hard mode VOG raid and actually beat the Templar in hopes of getting a Fatebringer. Have I screwed myself out of attempting to get one this week because I entered a checkpoint after the Templar? In other words, by opening the chest after the Templar, does it register as a Templar kill?

Also, I beat both the Templar and Atheon on hard (in separate sessions), but Bungie.net only registers the first two bars as completed. Is that just a weird bug with the app?

GutZ31

Destiny |OT Light 21+| HoW ToO Reef the PoE

I jumped into my buddy's save with my hunter to open the chest after the Templar to try to get an exotic (only got shards). I want to go back and restart the hard mode VOG raid and actually beat the Templar in hopes of getting a Fatebringer. Have I screwed myself out of attempting to get one this week because I entered a checkpoint after the Templar? In other words, by opening the chest after the Templar, does it register as a Templar kill?

Also, I beat both the Templar and Atheon on hard (in separate sessions), but Bungie.net only registers the first two bars as completed. Is that just a weird bug with the app?

Just the way bungie handles the completion data. If you complete a faze, no matter where you started, it just puts it as the first block cleared.
I still have the checkpoint by the way.

No you can still go back and do the first part with the spire, oracles and Templar.

Bungies app has always been that way. It goes by checkpoints and Templar is one cp and atheon is another.

No you can go back, after getting the gorgon chest, and kill the Templar for a chance of Fatebringer. However it will save the furthest progress checkpoint. So lets say for X reason your group stop playing at oracles. You wont have the oracles checkpoint, instead you will have the Gorgon checkpoint.

And no as well. There are 4 loot drops. Oracles, Templar, Gatekeeper and Atheon. It not in any order but shows you have gotten 2/4 of the loot drops.

Destiny |OT Light 21+| HoW ToO Reef the PoE

Just the way bungie handles the completion data. If you complete a faze, no matter where you started, it just puts it as the first block cleared.

How are you saying this?

a. How To Reef the Prison of Elders

or

b. How To Reef the
5ebd6f2c54bc6_flip.png

Destiny |OT Light 21+| HoW ToO Reef the PoE Just the way bungie handles the completion data. If you complete a faze, no matter where you started, it just puts it as the first block cleared.
No you can still go back and do the first part with the spire, oracles and Templar.
Bungies app has always been that way. It goes by checkpoints and Templar is one cp and atheon is another.
No you can go back, after getting the gorgon chest, and kill the Templar for a chance of Fatebringer. However it will save the furthest progress checkpoint. So lets say for X reason your group stop playing at oracles. You wont have the oracles checkpoint, instead you will have the Gorgon checkpoint.
And no as well. There are 4 loot drops. Oracles, Templar, Gatekeeper and Atheon. It not in any order but shows you have gotten 2/4 of the loot drops.

I love DestinyGAF.

May the Speaker grant you a Spacebeard for your wisdom!

Deku Tree

No one does Crota anymore. :l Poor Fang of Ir Yut.

I got my third and fourth Fang, a crux, and another GHorn from HM Crota the week before BB came out and happily that was the last time I ever did HM Crota. Might think about doing it again after HoW if it gets better.

Still try to do HM VoG and NM CE each week.

+1 to the gaming monitor. Just got a 24" BenQ 144 Hz gaming monitor and it's pretty damn fantastic. Image quality is way better than even my HD TV.

Been switching the PS4 HDMI cable from my TV to the monitor for PvP sessions and loving it. Lag is still lag but my input feels noticeably snappier.

Deku Tree

It may not be anything if it's not solar like the data mining showed. I think this might be the first time a company TAKES AWAY disk locked content.

There are still un revealed rewards specifically from the level 35 PoE mode and something special happens if you get nine wins on a single ToO passage that we don't know about so... We don't fully know yet.

Is Aggressive Ballistics the best choice for any weapon that has it, or does it only make sense if choosing that actually reduces the amount of head and/or body shots to kill?!

You should use it on any weapon unless we are talking about a shotgun where it can actually reduce range.

I agree AggBalls are great for most weapons but it's not always that simple. It depends on your other perks, the weapon itself and your playstyle. Like X said, you don't want to compromise other stats if the impact doesn't actually improve TTK.

The other thing to keep in mind is that weapon types have maximum values for each stat, which is why sometimes a barrel or perk will say it increases range but the range value doesn't go up when you select it (since it's already maxed). I could be wrong, but I think Felwinter's with Hammer Forged + AggBalls still has maxed range since the +40 range from HF more than offsets the -5 range penalty from AB.

This chart that quantifies the stat changes per barrel type is very useful:

LM2omEG.png

So is there any reason to save my Motes of Light for House of Wolves or might as well use them on an exotic engram this weekend if I have them?

Deku Tree

So is there any reason to save my Motes of Light for House of Wolves or might as well use them on an exotic engram this weekend if I have them?

If you buy the exotic engrams after HoW then you have a good chance to get the HoW exotics, and you'll definitely get HoW level exotics.

If you buy the exotic engrams after HoW then you have a good chance to get the HoW exotics, and you'll definitely get HoW level exotics.

Are you sure?

I had exotic engrams from before Crotas End and when I used them after Crotas end released I got new DLC helmets...

Deku Tree

Are you sure?

I had exotic engrams from before Crotas End and when I used them after Crotas end released I got new DLC helmets...

IDK what happens if you buy them this weekend and decrypt them right after HoW launched TBH. I was talking about if you decrypt them before HoW...

Other types of engrams don't work that way though... They decrypt to the old stuff.

Impala26

So... I'm guessing the Blades of Crota won't ever be coming back in public spaces?
:-|

On that topic, is Eris as a vendor going to be unchanged when HoW drops?
(some of her bounties are easy, even occasionally fun to complete)

Deku Tree

So... I'm guessing the Blades of Crota won't ever be coming back in public spaces?
:-|

On that topic, is Eris as a vendor going to be unchanged when HoW drops?
(some of her bounties are easy, even occasionally fun to complete)

I'm guessing something else will appear in the public spaces after the 1.2.0 HoW patch drops on Tuesday.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Target distant enemies from different angles. Like try hitting higher ground or enemies below or enemies at the same vertical level but just far away. Any Patrol area works. One of my favorite in game moments is coming across a Devil Walker public event and supermanning towards it from far away. It's like whattupppp bitches Titan wrecking ball here.

Hahahahah! That is exactly what I am talking about!

Oh no! I see your performance on VoG yesterday as a lvl 26 got to your head! On the way to become Superman you've already developed Superego! :p

It's so true :-(

Kal_El

I need your help DestinyGaf; My cousin is finally starting to get into Destiny. He's been playing but not like "one of us" "one of us." He has 3 characters from 30-31 without ever playing in a raid. I've been getting him the gorgon checkpoint and that's about it. So if at some point this weekend we can run him through a normal mode VoG and normal Crota that would be much appreciated. I'm going to solo through the bridge on Crota so it may just be deathsinger and Crota. Thanks in Advance

Anyone wanna run NM Crota or HM VoG?

I need your help DestinyGaf; My cousin is finally starting to get into Destiny. He's been playing but not like "one of us" "one of us." He has 3 characters from 30-31 without ever playing in a raid. I've been getting him the gorgon checkpoint and that's about it. So if at some point this weekend we can run him through a normal mode VoG and normal Crota that would be much appreciated. I'm going to solo through the bridge on Crota so it may just be deathsinger and Crota. Thanks in Advance

Normal Crota then?

Rhaegar

So if at some point this weekend we can run him through a normal mode VoG and normal Crota that would be much appreciated. I'm going to solo through the bridge on Crota so it may just be deathsinger and Crota. Thanks in Advance

I would just do a fresh run. If you want him to fully experience CE, running like crazy through the Abyss is essential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom