• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oozer3993

No hiding during the legions. Well played.

edit...revoked.

Oracle cheese? Double revoked.

Hey, I didn't hide!

You know, cause I was already dead at the time (Sorry about that guys).

To the amazing DGAF crew I ran VoG HM just now: you're awesome! It was a blast.

54546-Cheers-Toast-gif-OLQT.gif

Yeah, that was a great run. Thanks to everyone! I had a hell of pull. Fatebringer, Praetorian Foil, Praedyth's Timepiece, and to top it all off the Vex Mythoclast.

Yeah! Was awesome :D

I finally got Vex after running that raid over 50 times or something :D

Some great haul of loot there for a few people who got what they were wanting, Ballerhorn is still MIA though :I

One day....

One day.

Hey, I didn't hide!

You know, cause I was already dead at the time (Sorry about that guys).

Yeah, that was a great run. Thanks to everyone! I had a hell of pull. Fatebringer, Praetorian Foil, Praedyth's Timepiece, and to top it all off the Vex Mythoclast.

You guys did good. It was fun watching.

They were almost certainly talking about the new limited use "scorch cannon" that we saw this week... and IMO it looks good but I'm not convinced that it is better than GHorn.
I feel like the ghorn got a nerf lol, in the stream it barely 1HKO majors of the same level

---

God, if I ever get matched in a crucible match where I'm either down by 1000 or there is a level 5 on my team I'm just going to orbit. Good going Bungie.

My factions are ready for HoW, going to try for another per character this week.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I'm getting close, but I would still like to work on marks. In retrospect, I should have been running more weekly heroic strikes. I forgot how much rep they give you (it's like turning in five bounties).

YXvMIAz.png

rNilla

are we still doing a house of wolves ot for gaming side? that thread needs a title too.

Yeah so is this happening? I can see value in having a thread about the new hotness surface on the Gaming side but personally I think it sucks to split HoW discussion between two different threads. I understand there is precedence for this kind of thing so maybe I'm over-thinking it. However, this isn't exactly a self-contained expansion; it very much changes the entire experience for all players.

Also, I fear change.

_woLf

Should I wait until house of wolves to buy new gear with vanguard marks, or buy them now? I assume the gear will all be replaced with better gear for the same price when HoW hits?

I think so but I never really noticed or thought about it. If ghorn gets a nerf or a stealth nerf people are gonna rage!

I wouldn't!

Should I wait until house of wolves to buy new gear with vanguard marks, or buy them now? I assume the gear will all be replaced with better gear for the same price when HoW hits?

Definitely wait. If you reach the max marks before the expansion comes out, buy materials or something so taht you won't waste any marks.

Yeah so is this happening? I can see value in having a thread about the new hotness surface on the Gaming side but personally I think it sucks to split HoW discussion between two different threads. I understand there is precedence for this kind of thing so maybe I'm over-thinking it. However, this isn't exactly a self-contained expansion; it very much changes the entire experience for all players.

Also, I fear change.

I think this is all the more reason for a Gaming side thread. I'm pretty sure someone was working on a mega post that outlined the changes from the release up through HoW.

I've got no activities left to do this week, so feel like playing Crucible.

Anyone up for it ?

Some of the folks like ms, EJ, Tears, Gaz, and Wicked were playing a little bit ago, not sure if anyone is still going. I had to take a break for a while, salt levels were reaching critical mass. L-Reaper and Phaethon had already rage quit, not sure if they were going to try again later or not. I'll probably only fire it up again if Unstabie makes an appearance so we can run some Skirmish practice with our non-Gaf third member. The 3v3 modes are so much more fun to me, way less clusterfucky.

I really wonder how much time of day affects Crucible lag. We played a bunch of matches at off hours this morning (like 3-6 am EST) which were reasonable by Destiny standards. Then the rounds we played this afternoon were uniformly horrendous, with invincible enemies teleporting around the map every game.

Cool, thanks. And should I wait to buy any exotic shards or are those good to buy for HoW?

Yeah, they'll unlock the full potential of your exotic for HoW~ definitely stock up on those if you're not looking for any exotics.

The OT that Zoba has created so far has most if the information of all the changes happening so far. Combined that with the Q&A from Hawkian and patch notes since October, it's a good start.

True dat, maybe a mod can change the title come HoW launcH?

rNilla

I think this is all the more reason for a Gaming side thread. I'm pretty sure someone was working on a mega post that outlined the changes from the release up through HoW.

Well, an OT for HoW itself. We have a reveal thread set up~

A launch thread or something is one thing but why have two OTs for the same game? What does the long term look like? Two OTs in Community? One cannibalizes the other? Just trying to understand how this will work. Realistically I guess people that post here will continue to post here, some will post in both, the usual Gaming side suspects will post in the HoW OT, and maybe we'll be able to bring more players over to this thread that were otherwise intimidated or unaware. Win-Win perhaps.

I'm not necessarily opposed but that's my inclination at the moment so I'm playing devil's advocate.

Deku Tree

A launch thread or something is one thing but why have two OTs for the same game? What does the long term look like? Two OTs in Community? One cannibalizes the other? Just trying to understand how this will work. Realistically I guess people that post here will continue to post here, some will post in both, the usual Gaming side suspects will post in the HoW OT, and maybe we'll be able to bring more players over to this thread that were otherwise intimidated or unaware. Win-Win perhaps.

I'm not necessarily opposed but that's my inclination at the moment so I'm playing devil's advocate.

Someone over here should create a HoW launch thread, not a HoW OT IMO. If we don't do it then some random poster on gaming side will create a bare bones HoW thread for sure.

It's not a new game it's an expansion. For other games like MK8 they create a new OT for the new DLC and they drop the old OT like a bad habit. We are not dropping this OT so I don't see why we need a different HoW OT.

That's exactly how it goes. I think there was a Dark Below OT which eventually puttered out. A gaming side OT is great for awareness, and it's like Jupiter for drive-by posts. All of the haters get sucked into that thread before making it to the Community thread.

Lnkn52

I believe as part of the community, is on our best interest to help those that are curious of the changes and also educate newcomers. In the end, We can always lead them here.

And finally, we always want this community to grow with positive members.

rNilla

Someone over here should create a HoW launch thread, not a HoW OT IMO. If we don't do it then some random poster on gaming side will create a bare bones HoW thread for sure.

It's not a new game it's an expansion. For other games like MK8 they create a new OT for the new DLC and they drop the old OT like a bad habit. We are not dropping this OT so I don't see why we need a different HoW OT.

This makes more sense to me. Also pretty sure Zoba already has HoW Gaming OT / Launch / whatever thread on lockdown and if not he definitely should.

That's exactly how it goes. I think there was a Dark Below OT which eventually puttered out. A gaming side OT is great for awareness, and it's like Jupiter for shit posts. All of the haters get sucked into that thread before making it to the Community thread.

If there was I'm completely unaware of it (which isn't saying much).

Deku Tree

That's exactly how it goes. I think there was a Dark Below OT which eventually puttered out. A gaming side OT is great for awareness, and it's like Jupiter for drive-by posts. All of the haters get sucked into that thread before making it to the Community thread.

TDB did not have an OT.

Realistically I guess people that post here will continue to post here, some will post in both, the usual Gaming side suspects will post in the HoW OT, and maybe we'll be able to bring more players over to this thread that were otherwise intimidated or unaware..

Yeah I don't think a separate OT is the way to go, but rather basically what Zoba has already done. Just bump/update it when HoW drops on the 19th. The idea would be to inform Gaming side folks that aren't regular players but have the expansion pass, are curious about jumping back in or trying Destiny for the first time, w/e.

Ideally people who take more interest in the game will end up here, welcomed into our little community with open arms. Hopefully a HoW-specific Gaming thread can stick closer to the facts and not engage with the usual trash talk back-and-forth. I wouldn't see it as a place for DGAF'ers to go and defend the game, etc. Just answer questions and be helpful. My 2 cents.

TDB did not have an OT.

Well damn, I guess there wasn't. There were two review threads. Maybe OT is to strong, but yeah, a reveal thread or launch thread, just something "official" that's not quite an OT.

Edit...Oh, Zoba already posted a fresh thread. Then yeah, a nice healthy bump is plenty.

rNilla

Yeah I don't think a separate OT is the way to go, but rather basically what Zoba has already done. Just bump/update it when HoW drops on the 19th. The idea would be to inform Gaming side folks that aren't regular players but have the expansion pass, are curious about jumping back in or trying Destiny for the first time, w/e.

Ideally people who take more interest in the game will end up here, welcomed into our little community with open arms. Hopefully a HoW-specific Gaming thread can stick closer to the facts and not engage with the usual trash talk back-and-forth. I wouldn't see it as a place for DGAF'ers to go and defend the game, etc. Just answer questions and be helpful. My 2 cents.

Well damn, I guess there wasn't. There were two review threads. Maybe OT is to strong, but yeah, a reveal thread or launch thread, just something "official" that's not quite an OT.

Yeah, (again) I agree with this vs an OT and maybe this is more of a nitpick-y semantic thing at this point. I haven't seen this discussed much at all in here so I thought it was worth talking about.

Also this discussion countered a bunch of LFG posts so you're welcome. ;)

Hahahaha I got someone who was afk to leave a strike. :p

Jerk. What's weird is he was actually in a fireteam with the other guy in the strike who came all the way to Sepiks with me (although only fired about 20 Fatebringer shots at the Devil Walker). Then I noticed that, after having fired about another 20 shots at Sepiks while it was fucking immune, he wasn't firing anything at Sepiks at all, so I just stopped shooting it and just shot the mobs and after a couple of minutes he left. Waited for another few minutes whittling down Sepik's health until the the afk guy either left or got booted and he left lol. Was totally worth it. :D

grief

Thanks for the nice and easy kill guys. If anyone is up for another, or even has the HM Gorgon Chest checkpoint, I'd be down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom