• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
mE16MN4.png

well-played.

you prepared well for this moment, firehawk12.

shermas

After 500 hours, I finally got Gjall tonight... from the Deathsinger on Normal. One of the more disjointed raids I've ever done. Excited to not do hard crota again for a while, though.

deafmedal

just a hawk, skip and jump to 21.

Good raid everyone, that lag was most impressive :) My mat piles are looking decent for HoW *thumbs up*

And congrats shermas, please remember to Gjallarhorn responsibly... guardians don't let guardians G'horn drunk.

Wilde

Alright good night dgaf. Sweet dreams of hawks await.

And join our clan and be schooled in the ways of the hawk

As part of my ongoing quest to acquire the fabled Hawkmoon, I have decided to join "School of Hawk".

Hopefully RNGeseus will take the hint, and he can stop punishing me with all the duplicate exotics!

Why have you played an encounter so many hundreds of times that you consider to be "an affront to human decency"?

But seriously, you bring up a good point. Why do an encounter you hate so many times?

I could give a very long, personal answer to that question but suffice to say the community here is 1million/10. Always have fun playing with folks even if I view the encounter itself as a complete failure.

It also makes me feel good to help the community with content that has given people so much aggravation. At the same time, it's been a relief that many people have learned how to run sword and/or stopped playing the fight. Spending too much time in that room is bad for my sanity.

What bothers me most is how it separates players so strongly. One person is given a chance to feel good about themselves while the other 5 can only feel bad for making some small mistake, which is then unfairly magnified by the forced under-leveling. I know it's been on farm for a long time now, but I have a lot of sad memories of feeling bad because other people felt bad that they slipped off the ledge, or killed a Knight major w/o their super and made the entire team wipe.

So the rest of the game is <= 2/10?

Nah, Crota encounter is by far the worst content in the game to me. Deathsinger is right near the bottom, even below Omnigul. The nose dive CE takes after the bridge tanks its score severely, partly because I grade it more stringently on the "raid curve." The stories, strikes and PvP maps generally fall in a broad range between poor (Skyshock) to really darn good (Valus strike).

VoG stands alone for meeting and even exceeding the potential of what Destiny could be. I haven't given up hope that Bungie can reach those heights again, when the full talent of the studio is brought to bear like it was for VoG's creation.

edit:
Yeah I think that's the reason too. Drizzay loves helping people. Such a good guy. So are you.

Catching up on the thread... thanks Deku! :)

the hell? my DS4 just suddenly won't turn on, at all. what gives? holy crap I've had back luck with these things. No light on the top at all. Reset button doesn't seem to do anything either... this is my only working controller so I guess I just can't play PS4 for a while...... the hell. It's like less than 3 months old.
If it says something similar to "too many devices are connected to the usb, please disconnect" then it's your controller that's messed up, not your ps4. Only way to solve this, is by buying a new ds4. Happen to me and I could not find any solutions online.
P.s no my controller did not break!

Wilde

Yeah Destiny's RNG loot system. If I could have given them to other players in my raids or Nightfalls or ANYTHING else I would have.

Also, 600+ hours in, still not one Gjallarhorn to my name.

Damn, 9 Hawkmoons but no Gjallarhorn. RNGesus clearly working as intended!

hydruxo

I could give a very long, personal answer to that question but suffice to say the community here is 1million/10. Always have fun playing with folks even if I view the encounter itself as a complete failure.

It also makes me feel good to help the community with content that has given people so much aggravation. At the same time, it's been a relief that many people have learned how to run sword and/or stopped playing the fight. Spending too much time in that room is bad for my sanity.

What bothers me most is how it separates players so strongly. One person is given a chance to feel good about themselves while the other 5 can only feel bad for making some small mistake, which is then unfairly magnified by the forced under-leveling. I know it's been on farm for a long time now, but I have a lot of sad memories of feeling bad because other people felt bad that they slipped off the ledge, or killed a Knight major w/o their super and made the entire team wipe.

Nah, Crota encounter is by far the worst content in the game to me. Deathsinger is right near the bottom, even below Omnigul. The nose dive CE takes after the bridge tanks its score severely, partly because I grade it more stringently on the "raid curve." The stories, strikes and PvP maps generally fall in a broad range between poor (Skyshock) to really darn good (Valus strike).

VoG stands alone for meeting and even exceeding the potential of what Destiny could be. I haven't given up hope that Bungie can reach those heights again, when the full talent of the studio is brought to bear like it was for VoG's creation.

I liked Crota on Normal, but it's an absolute mess on HM. VoG is without a doubt the pinnacle of Destiny even with the conflux/oracle encounters dragging on a little too long. I'd love to see them try to make another raid like VoG again where there's huge areas with tons of secrets to discover. I preferred that approach over CE's more linear "action movie" take on it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I liked Crota on Normal, but it's an absolute mess on HM. VoG is without a doubt the pinnacle of Destiny even with the conflux/oracle encounters dragging on a little too long. I'd love to see them try to make another raid like VoG again where there's huge areas with tons of secrets to discover. I preferred that approach over CE's more linear "action movie" take on it.

Like... I understand what they were going for, but the design just wasn't there. I actually appreciate what they were going for more than anything done in VoG (I do like a lot of what happens in VoG, I just think that if the majority of the game weren't as monotonous, it wouldn't stand out as much).

I'm not sure where they went wrong between concept and execution though. Everything prior to Deathsinger has an entire different flow.

Wilde

About to play some control in the crucible. Got a few spots open:

1. ZW33
2. xVaalbarAx
3. Hawkian

Join in if you want!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom