• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilde

will there ever be a high impact autorifle ever again?

Yes:

hqdefault.jpg

Some of the folks like ms, EJ, Tears, Gaz, and Wicked were playing a little bit ago, not sure if anyone is still going. I had to take a break for a while, salt levels were reaching critical mass. L-Reaper and Phaethon had already rage quit, not sure if they were going to try again later or not. I'll probably only fire it up again if Unstabie makes an appearance so we can run some Skirmish practice with our non-Gaf third member. The 3v3 modes are so much more fun to me, way less clusterfucky.

I really wonder how much time of day affects Crucible lag. We played a bunch of matches at off hours this morning (like 3-6 am EST) which were reasonable by Destiny standards. Then the rounds we played this afternoon were uniformly horrendous, with invincible enemies teleporting around the map every game.

We had a Control rage quit soon after you left. We were matched up with some Italians (no offense) who must have plugged their cable into a potato.
One of them took a golden gun shot, went down and then proceeds to blade dance me from behind. After that I played some Skirmish with Gaz and Tears, no problems there. As you said 3v3 is way more enjoyable.

Here you go. I wasn't messing around.

EJHawkinson90 doesn't even sound bad :)

I seriously wish Autorifles would be viable. I am a handcannon/scout rifle fan but seriously there are some cool auto rifle concepts and the gun is just not good enough to have in rotation... or perhaps I do not have the right ones.

I wish they would revert the AR damage nerf, the nerf to range was understandable though.

Raybunny

Any Crucible or Strike train going on with a spot? Been striking with randoms and most of the time they bail out cause the strike is too boring for them.

xir

Likely to be eaten by a grue
One of the vendor AR's might be high impact as well. I don't think we've seen them all yet.

they always have tiny magazines, but you could try for the extended mags, feel like that's fair with all the nerfs AR have gotten

Kyne

watching the necro stream.

lmao. nothing really beats green lasers coming from all directions and annihilating someone.

JonCha

At level 19 now and I'm sensing a little bit of a grind is beginning to kick in, namely to get my Vanguard and/or Crucible rep to level two. It seems like the amount of rep off bounties and from strikes isn't great - and I can't always be guaranteed to win Crucible matches and get rep and marks that way.

GhaleonEB

At level 19 now and I'm sensing a little bit of a grind is beginning to kick in, namely to get my Vanguard and/or Crucible rep to level two. It seems like the amount of rep off bounties and from strikes isn't great - and I can't always be guaranteed to win Crucible matches and get rep and marks that way.

FWIW, as of Tuesday rep earned from Crucible matches is being doubled. Once you get the Vanguard and Crucible rep up, the new systems and gear in HoW are much less grindy than the game has been to date; Bungie is scaling it back quite a bit.

Ein Bear

Haven't played Destiny for a few months, but with HoW coming I'm starting to get back into it.

Is there a handy list anywhere of all the changes/new stuff coming with HoW?

JonCha

FWIW, as of Tuesday rep earned from Crucible matches is being doubled. Once you get the Vanguard and Crucible rep up, the new systems and gear in HoW are much less grindy than the game has been to date; Bungie is scaling it back quite a bit.

That's cool; that'll make a big difference as I do feel the reward atm are too small.

lmzTtCs.png

Imagine that with Field Scout, Stability and Send It. *drool* Shit, don't even need Stability. The fact that you can reroll these things? My god. I need to get one day 1.

Guess I'll save up those Vanguard Marks.

Jesus Christ, that Scout Rifle looks like a paint gun. I love it.

Can't wait to get some pink weapons.

I do like this sniper

her-benevolence-queen-sniper.png

If I remember correctly that looks extremely similar to "The Supremacy"

I asked this in another thread about HoW but I got fucking banned because some mod decided to have a power trip when I was asking a valid on topic question...

I've been out of the loop for the past few months, but has Bungie mentioned anything about if they're going to do something with the clan system for HoW or Comet?

It would be cool if we could build something ala the Warfrane Dojo, I'm sure we discussed this back in OT 10 or something like that :p

ocean

Banned
That list :| oh damn 574 Hawks. The group name for this would be a Cast or Kettle of Hawks according to bird watching website.

This community has spiraled into total insanity. Lesbian bears was but a prelude of wide spread birdman craziness.

Wallach

So what are the icons in the far left column on these HoW vendor weapons? Do we know?

Edit - I see the hammer one is just to indicate they can be reforged, what's the bottom left one?

Bradach

IMG_0662.jpg

If this is correct house of wolves will be available at 6pm GMT on Tuesday 19th.

I'm ok with that, I won't be able to get on until 9pm anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom