• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this was nice fellas!
Hope everyone had a good time, especially the 1st timers.
iRAW, you were a great and efficient leader. :D
Hahaha, Hawkian would be proud.

DestinyGAF 4 lyfe! :D

BondFancy

The Tower Guardian app is a real game changer isn't it? Such a cool quality of life thing to have. I hope it gets onto the iOS App Store proper so more people have access to it

There's loadouts for Destiny on IOS, not quite the same thing but still allows you to make loadouts and move gear.

The drop rate on faction shaders is ridiculous. I got Bittersteel at Dead Orbit level 18. I'm 21 now and the last three packages have been a mote of light, a commendation, and some glimmer. My other character is 5 on DO and hasn't seen shit.

Really just want Revenant and then I'll probably switch to FWC.

The drop rate on faction shaders is ridiculous. I got Bittersteel at Dead Orbit level 18. I'm 21 now and the last three packages have been a mote of light, a commendation, and some glimmer. My other character is 5 on DO and hasn't seen shit.

Hell my dead orbit factions total up to 42 and I only have two shaders.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Just got my first faction shader:

Got it when I hit rank 10 with New Monarchy. Currently rank 13 with Dead Orbit (Hunter) and haven't got shit from them so far.

i didn't get my first shader with FWC until i hit level 15 - and its basically a slightly more pronounced sunsetting

bablyon 9191 i think its called. i love fwc tho :eek:

Lol I have 36 levels between all 3 of my characters in Dead Orbit and I've never gotten a single shader or ship.

They should just make them buyable past a certain rank like the other factions like IB, Eris, etc.

Even if it was an absurd grind like getting to level 20 or something on each character at least then it would be guaranteed instead of the stream of constant disappointment.

DY_nasty

That would be fantastic.! I would have to think they are considering something like this...

It'd be a great change of pace from Iron Banner and the coming ToO. A PvP event that ISN'T propped up on level advantages feels almost necessary at this point.

Also - I should be able to apply shaders to individual pieces of armor. Bungie.... pls

It'd be a great change of pace from Iron Banner and the coming ToO. A PvP event that ISN'T propped up on level advantages feels almost necessary at this point.

Also - I should be able to apply shaders to individual pieces of armor. Bungie.... pls

You hear some youtubers talking about it - a specific crucible event where your points count towards a global score for your represented faction and resets each week. I wonder what the reward for such an event would be...

ocean

Banned
You hear some youtubers talking about it - a specific crucible event where your points count towards a global score for your represented faction and resets each week. I wonder what the reward for such an event would be...
There should be a Works Event, no warning.

Just like that message on the Director when Iron Banner goes online, something like:

Infighting between FWC and DO members in the Ishtar Sink, tread carefully guardians. And then if you wear one of those faction's class items there's patrol PvP between the opposing factions Public Event style.

Ok sorry I got excited there.

DY_nasty

wish it'd be a bit independent instead of head to head because i'm pretty sure dead orbit and new monarchy have gigantic leads over fwc

but i'd also be happy if vanguard marks could be used at faction vendors lol

Theorry

Always great to read those Lore threads on Reddit.

I wrote this originally as a comment to this post, so here is a slightly modified version, with some additions.

I am pretty much new to the lore, so I am not stating anything, just posing questions here, and my thoughts, which I would like explained and challenged, respectively.

Kabr

It seems to me that everyone here assume that there has been only one single raid on VoG, the one with Kabr. I believe it is not the case.

It is known that Kabr and his fireteam couldn't beat the Templar because there was no Relic. His teammates were wiped from existence by the Templar. That happened while defending confluxes, they were marked by Fanatics, and negated by the Templar.

I have made a wound in the Vault. I have pierced it and let in the Light.
I know it was Fanatics because they couldn't be cleansed because the Light Well didn't exist yet, Kabr made it later, and it couldn't be by the Oracles because then Kabr would be marked as well, and he also couldn't cleanse himself.

So Kabr studied the Vault and the Vex, and he let the light, and created the Aegis out of himself. It is noticeable in that alternate pathway in Trial of Kabr that there are trees and moss, which is likely the place where he "let the light in". That place must be somehow bound to the Aegis pedestal, because it is also a light source. What we ended up with is a weapon for future guardians to defeat the Templar. That destroyed him. Did Kabr die, or became a lightless husk, like Eris Morn? Or did he become one of the Vex? Will we encounter him? Did we encounter him somehow already?

Pahanin

Now a lot of people on this sub raise the issue of Praedyth and Pahanin, and their relation to Kabr, and were they part of his fireteam. Their names can't be known if they are erased from existence by the Templar. My theory is that they were part of the second fireteam that raided the VoG, and there they encountered Kabr in his last moments, where he gave them the Aegis, so they can use it to beat the Templar, and curse them if they don't

And if you abandon your purpose, let the Vault consume you, as it consumed me.
When they faced Gorgons for the first time, a lot of them got wiped. Pahanin being alive and telling Kabr's story is a clue that we can use The Aegis to cleanse the Gorgon's Gaze. Pahanin lost his shit obviously, witnessing that same is happening to him, as it did to Kabr. Then created SGA to keep himself sane. What really baffles me is how (and why) is he killed by Dredgen Yor. How their stories intertwine is yet to be discovered. SGA bounty starts on Mars, so its safe to assume Yor killed him there, but Mars isn't mentioned anywhere in Yor grimoire. As the matter of fact, they only mention Moon, and in a sense that it is believed that no one went to the Moon, let alone Mars.

[u.2:1.0] Been to Luna?

[u.1:1.4] Excuse me?

[u.2:1.1] The Moon. You been?

[u.1:1.5] Nobody's been.

[u.2:1.2] That a truth?

[u.1:1.6] That's a fact.

Praedyth

Praedyth is hard to explain. We suppose he wasn't wiped from existence, otherwise we would know his name. But, his name is only left on his guns. He isn't mentioned anywhere else. Not by existing Vanguard, nor by Pahanin. If he was part of his fireteam and wasn't wiped, I would expect at least some reference. It is strange that Pahanin only talks about Kabr once he exits the Vault. But he can't be wiped, because weapon descriptions:

He skipped like a stone on time's ocean.

Praedyth's fall isn't over... because it hasn't happened yet... and it will happen again.
Indicating he is still there, trapped inside the Vault's time paradox. Maybe it's referring to all future raid wipes that we are experiencing now.

I am 100% certain Praedyth wasn't in Kabr's fireteam, for several reasons. Firstly, Kabr's fireteam didn't beat the Templar. Praedyth can't be locked out of time before the Gatekeeper encounter. Also, Praedyth's Timepiece drops from Gatekeeper, so he is either left trapped in one of the portals, or reached some depths of VoG that we are still to explore, that vast nothingness after jumping puzzle, before Gatekeeper. I see the "skipping stones" reference right there. His Revenge though, drops on Oracles/Templar, so maybe Revenge isn't referencing avenging Praedyth, but that he perhaps avenged Kabr by defeating Templar (pew pew with fast firing sniper). And what better place to snipe the Templar than that high ledge you reach after passing alternate path in Trial of Kabr.

And one final thought, when someone is wiped from existence, it should naturally change the past as well. But time is immutable and you can only change a copy. So only pasts that were changed are those that are yet to happen. We, guardians, may be one of those new pasts, just recollecting bits and pieces of Vex infused artifacts that are locked out of time.

Food for thought.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/35ibrh/my_thoughts_on_kabr_pahanin_and_praedyth/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom