• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
a 1.8 is like a miracle for me, Hawk.

If that was a bad round, what's a good one...

:p

OOOOH BOTTOM OF THE PAGE!!! LOL
that wasn't a bad round, I just lost anyway. the .65 before was a bad round.

he means bloodstarved beast

edit: just got a bee error and saw a bunch of rubber banding. gonna tell myself this has all been router issues and maybe punch a pillow.

phen0m24

Hi Colonel. :p

Do you mean
Bloodletting Beast
?

I honestly don't even remember fighting him the first time, so I'm not actually sure what I did. I don't think I had too much trouble with it though. What weapon are you using?

Anyway, I hope you like The Order lol. I enjoyed it.

No mademoiselle

Blood Starved Beast. In Ailing Loran. In the little round room. The poison one. I got him to 10% health, then he hit me/bit me (sounds like a bad relationship) and I dropped like a rock. You know me, Fig. Holy Blade for the win. almost.

I will say The Order has the most amazing:
Visuals (OH MY GOSH)
Voice acting - even the accents are nicely done. I mean, just amazing.
Sound. The sound of the boots on cobblestones or roof tiles or the stairs
Movement: When the guy ambles down the stairs it LOOKS like you would be walking down the stairs
Seamless transitions - sometimes I sit there wondering why it doesn't keep going but it's waiting for me

But the gunplay is so boring. It's like playing Golden Abyss on Vita. Booo kinda boring. But the guns feel good, the reload animations are STELLAR, and the game has so much going for it.

Whatever they build next time with that engine or a spinoff or a sequel, I hope they build the mechanics of a different game with their already amazing production values. WOW.

Last reset coming up before HoW! Oh HoW time flies.

See more on Know Your Meme

never, ever works for me, ever. I just get pissed, play aggressively, do worse, get more pissed, do even worse, get more pissed.

I do my best by far when I'm operating like a professional hitman with no emotion and getting cheesy-killed doesn't even register.

7 losses in a row. least i had a 1.8 that time.

That stings.Nothing annoys me more than when I'm playing badly.

Except maybe fusion grenades.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
need one or 2 for DS/Crota depending on Anastasis.

ugh I need a win.

BSB cheesed himself for me, colonel. I haven't actually beat him yet either, but I hear I'll get a rematch in some chalice.

phen0m24

need one or 2 for DS/Crota depending on Anastasis.

ugh I need a win.

BSB cheesed himself for me, colonel. I haven't actually beat him yet either, but I hear I'll get a rematch in some chalice.

Oh my friend... I beat that first one. Ok, let me be clear. Orthogonal helped.
and by helped I mean he beat the living CRAP out of him while I mostly swung at him and missed

This one is in Ailing Loran chalice dungeon, in a little tight room. And if he bites you ONCE, you're TOAST. I have done a full Darth Vader from Episode 3 NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO on this one, dude.

phen0m24

oh I see, no columns to manipulate him around? it'll be a job for my blunderbuss then...

Nope nope nope.

Small round room. Locking on is just... painful. He closes the gap too quickly.

You have high bloodtinge? I have high strength and vitality. What I need is RAWR or DHRUV. I need teammates for these chalice dungeons now. HELP ME OBI RAWR KENOBI (or Darth Penguin, I can roll Dark Side) you're my only hope
s

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
no, just Skill. I meant to visceral him, I do a whole lot of that. I'm soloing all the bosses first time through, just a point of pride kind of thing, even if it means getting stuck for days D:

milkham

Here is the video from my death cam view of murderham P.O.V. Nicely done and always a pleasure playing with DGAF :) Had some weird lag issues at first but glad it was cleared up.

Btw boomers nomrally dont hit me on that spot!

I had a lot of thoughts racing through my head. Should I re-bubble? After Milk said, "I made a mistake" I thought he died and the oversoul was from his death. But it was the enrage.

Edit: My perspective. I was using elgato so I got all the voice chat except mine unfortunately. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e54lgMsGhnA

Took your two files, looked up a multi-cam tutorial for premiere and cut it together with mine, hope you guys don't mind
https://youtu.be/nhruJEpqQ4o

Unstable

wow! you guys did it! i thought it would be a gag to try it out, but there you go, just wrecking shop with it.
is it gud?

The Necro-Train was awesome, the best fun I've had in Destiny in quite a long time.

To answer your question.

Is The Necrochasm good? God no.

Is a team of Necrochasms good? Nope.

Is a team of Necrochasms hilarious? Yes.

Is going on a 20 game win streak with a full team Necrochasms even more amusing? Yep.

Is prevailing unbroken with a full team of Necrochasms a true showing of skill? No, that was kind of sad actually.

The Necro-Train was awesome, the best fun I've had in Destiny in quite a long time.

To answer your question.

Is The Necrochasm good? God no.

Is a team of Necrochasms good? Nope.

Is a team of Necrochasms hilarious? Yes.

Is going on a 20 game win streak with a full team Necrochasms even more amusing? Yep.

Is prevailing unbroken with a full team of Necrochasms a true showing of skill? No, that was kind of sad actually.

You're a terrible person for making those guys on the other teams think they were actually good.

Namikaze1

Nope nope nope.

Small round room. Locking on is just... painful. He closes the gap too quickly.

You have high bloodtinge? I have high strength and vitality. What I need is RAWR or DHRUV. I need teammates for these chalice dungeons now. HELP ME OBI RAWR KENOBI (or Darth Penguin, I can roll Dark Side) you're my only hope
s
Ignore all that was here.

No mademoiselle

Blood Starved Beast. In Ailing Loran. In the little round room. The poison one. I got him to 10% health, then he hit me/bit me (sounds like a bad relationship) and I dropped like a rock. You know me, Fig. Holy Blade for the win. almost.

I will say The Order has the most amazing:
Visuals (OH MY GOSH)
Voice acting - even the accents are nicely done. I mean, just amazing.
Sound. The sound of the boots on cobblestones or roof tiles or the stairs
Movement: When the guy ambles down the stairs it LOOKS like you would be walking down the stairs
Seamless transitions - sometimes I sit there wondering why it doesn't keep going but it's waiting for me

But the gunplay is so boring. It's like playing Golden Abyss on Vita. Booo kinda boring. But the guns feel good, the reload animations are STELLAR, and the game has so much going for it.

Whatever they build next time with that engine or a spinoff or a sequel, I hope they build the mechanics of a different game with their already amazing production values. WOW.

Ooooh okay. I beat that guy first time lol. Not really sure how, but every time he leapt towards me I just jumped towards him and he never hit me. It kinda felt like the memory leak glitch because he was an asshole to me in the main game, but this was after the patch so idk. I used my trusty Hunter Axe. :p The range on it is pretty great.

I actually liked the gunplay. It's not Destiny by any means, but some of the weapons were a lot of fun to use. I agree with the rest of what you said though. I'd definitely get The Order 2 if there is one.

Edit: Oh this is the first time I beat BSB. He wrecked my shit up to that point hence the 11 blood vials, so I just said fuck it and won. :D

Zoidberg

I just got two Legendary Engrams from a cryptarch package.

Is this real life?

Enjoy your shards

I was once excited about engrams, but shit like this happens way too often. With the removal of ascendant materials being required for weapons/armor, I'm really hoping they are taken out of the engram pool.

Namikaze1

Wait. The vid was the right one but it was Ailing Loran Abhorrant Beast who I was stuck on for two days. I one-shotted Ailing Loran's BLB.

Wait. The vid was the right one but it was Ailing Loran Abhorrant Beast who I was stuck on for two days. I one-shotted Ailing Loran's BLB.

BSB, not BLB. :p

BLB is the 4th Lower Pthumeru boss and
the second Ihyll boss.

I fought the Abhorrent Beast once and realised I didn't have to to get the trophy, so haven't bothered since lol.

Namikaze1

BSB, not BLB. :p

BLB is the 4th Lower Pthumeru boss and
the second Ihyll boss.

I fought the Abhorrent Beast once and realised I didn't have to to get the trophy, so haven't bothered since lol.
Oh. Then I one shotted him as well. But fuck Abhorrant Beast. I wasn't gonna start Defiled Dungeon till that fucker fell. 2 fucking days in that bastard.

phen0m24

I actually liked the gunplay. It's not Destiny by any means, but some of the weapons were a lot of fun to use. I agree with the rest of what you said though. I'd definitely get The Order 2 if there is one.

Ok let me clarify. I liked how the guns felt and reloaded and fired. But the "Oh gosh guys pour out of the same windows and doorways" a la Golden Abyss or the new Tomb Raider was kinda meh. Still enjoying the game though. :)

Nice vid of the early BSB. Mine would have been me running and Orthogonal just LAMBASTING the poor poison slob. :p

Thanks Nami for the encouragement. I will keep trying, but I need to farm again for blood cocktails and fire paper. Oh fun
not

Take a seat, Todd.

Oh. Then I one shotted him as well. But fuck Abhorrant Beast. I wasn't gonna start Defiled Dungeon till that fucker fell. 2 fucking days in that bastard.

I already knew Defiled was gonna kick my ass, so I saved myself the aggro. I spent 2 days on Defiled Watchdog as it is. I didn't have a lot of time to play in those 2 days, but still.

Ok let me clarify. I liked how the guns felt and reloaded and fired. But the "Oh gosh guys pour out of the same windows and doorways" a la Golden Abyss or the new Tomb Raider was kinda meh. Still enjoying the game though. :)

Nice vid of the early BSB. Mine would have been me running and Orthogonal just LAMBASTING the poor poison slob. :p

I get you. The enemies could have been better. Fun to shoot though. :p

I wanted to solo all of the bosses first time because, like Hawkian, I have an ego to maintain.

phen0m24

But do you need to do Lower Loran if you already have the Defiled Chalice? Why bother?

UGH that looked tense Nami

I wanted to solo all of the bosses first time because, like Hawkian, I have an ego to maintain.

My dear I hath no pride. My ego hast died. When he beat me I
cried - ok jk

Fig, I nearly lost my mind facing this fucker. I was close to tossing my ps4 out the window cause I don't have a physical copy of BB to toss out.

Fuck him

Yep, looks like a bitch, acts like a bitch.

Pretty sure the consensus is that he's the hardest boss in the game. But he is cheese-able, unlike Watchdog who's just a fiery bastard.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
damn, really? I didn't know he was considered that hard. he only gave me 3 or 4 attempts before glitching through a wall and graciously dying. laaaame

Namikaze1

I took the safe approach cause the usual approach wasn't fucking working and when I went into Don't Give A Fuck No More mode in Day 2, my hands were itching to pick up the ps4 and just chuck it. Things got worse when I actually came close to beating him and the controller died seconds away from victory. I think I scared away all the kids playing outside with my yelling that day.

Digital master race HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! NO DISC SHALL BE THROWN BY US, THE SUPERIOR PEOPLE!
No discs. Just consoles. :)

~Destiny~~

damn, really? I didn't know he was considered that hard. he only gave me 3 or 4 attempts before glitching through a wall and graciously dying. laaaame

Hey, Ebrietas glitched for me and she went down like a sack of shit. People find her really hard though, so I ain't even mad.

GhaleonEB

Not to be a party pooper, but please do keep the thread on topic. Discuss other games in the threads for those games. Community threads can have a tendency to turn into chatrooms otherwise.

ExVicis

Hey guys, been away from Destiny for a while but decided to polish up before the House of Wolves drops and decided to see what's up in the Gaf thread while I'm doing that.. Trying to get back into the groove. Is there anything you guys recommend I should do to prepare in these final days before the expansion drops?

Namikaze1

He's the only one to have given me so much trouble. I one-shotted most of the bosses in the game up to that point. The only one I didn't one-shot was the Cleric Beast. Could've oneshotted him if not for me mistiming a Molotov. -__-

Edit: didn't see Ghaleon's post. This will be the last post on that.

Hey guys, been away from Destiny for a while but decided to polish up before the House of Wolves drops and decided to see what's up in the Gaf thread while I'm doing that.. Trying to get back into the groove. Is there anything you guys recommend I should do to prepare in these final days before the expansion drops?

I'm working on getting some factions, vanguard, crucible as close to rank up as possible in hopes of getting some new gear in a package.. one more nightfall and weekly heroic before HoW so that should help get a big chunk of rep

maxed out my marks on 3 chars

thats about it

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Not to be a party pooper, but please do keep the thread on topic. Discuss other games in the threads for those games. Community threads can have a tendency to turn into chatrooms otherwise.
didn't know that was actually frowned upon. i guess we should have a chatroom.

Twilight, you'll be happy to know that I'm becoming a TLW convert. So, now I'm just another one of those assholes in Crucible. B)

good-good.jpg

Namikaze1

Twilight, I got some bad news for you.

I am in love with my Felwinter's Lie. I don't see myself using anything else in the Crucible. You may purge me from your friend list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom