• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeRaSh

So I thought it would be fun to do the Nightfall after my hiatus to get back into the spirit for House of Wolves.
What a stupid idea that was...

#1: Legendary Fusion Rifle
#2: 12 Strange Coins
#3: 11 Energy

Shito

I wish they would introduce new weapon classes, but that isn't until comet..they should make an arc damage shoulder mounted laser cannon...<.<
Well, it seems they are introducing a new weapon class: sidearms. They go in the special weapon slot and seem to be all about having a very high rof / stability.

ocean

Banned
I wish they would introduce new weapon classes, but that isn't until comet..they should make an arc damage shoulder mounted laser cannon...<.<
Well there's a new class on HoW: sidearms. They seem to be high RoF/Stability, low impact special weapons for which I can't imagine a use case. Eager to try them out though. Max RoF and Stability sounds like great fun for cleaning trash (although wasting special ammo so quickly sounds strange).

Well, it seems they are introducing a new weapon class: sidearms. They go in the special weapon slot and seem to be all about having a very high rof / stability.

Yeah, but it's still not something different. The only really unique weapon in the game is a fusion rifle. We are supposed to be a few hundred years into the future in this game with amazing technology capable of letting us cruise around the solar system, expand the average life span by 3 fold, and we have created sentient AI, but we still use things like pistols and shotguns.

Edit: oh, and we created the warminds which are essentially supposed to be doomsday AI capable of defending the entire solar system....

Edit2: I guess pulse rifles are kind of unique as well.

ocean

Banned
So I thought it would be fun to do the Nightfall after my hiatus to get back into the spirit for House of Wolves.
What a stupid idea that was...

#1: Legendary Fusion Rifle
#2: 12 Strange Coins
#3: 11 Energy
Strange Coins are not a bad drop now that Xur will get new stock + Exotic Shards are going to be more important. Or think of it as a heavy ammo shipment :p

Energies are so meh but at least we can get glimmer for them. That brigs up a question though:

Do new Legendaries use Ascendant materials at all? There's no attack or defense bubbles, only perks. If there is zero use for Ascendants other than upgrading old stuff or trading for glimmer, would it be a long shot to believe they'll be taken out of the loot table? One can dream...

Deku Tree

Here's what it looks like:
S4YVDn4l.jpg

I want. :(

Deej is looking into why we expansion pass owners aren't getting it.

I hope Deej acknowledging this means it's going to change... If it doesn't then he should not have even told us he was getting involved IMO.

Shito

Yeah, but it's still not something different. The only really unique weapon in the game is a fusion rifle. We are supposed to be a few hundred years into the future in this game with amazing technology capable of letting us cruise around the solar system, expand the average life span by 3 fold, and we have created sentient AI, but we still use things like pistols and shotguns.
Oh, ok, didn't understand what we were asking for. ^^
It doesn't bother me too much, because I quite enjoy shooting things up with pistols, snipers and shotguns, but yeah, I wouldn't be against some type of, say, laser weapon...

Oh, ok, didn't understand what we were asking for. ^^
It doesn't bother me too much, because I quite enjoy shooting things up with pistols, snipers and shotguns, but yeah, I wouldn't be against some type of, say, laser weapon...

I don't mind it either, the current weapons are fun to use, I just want to feel like a super awesome futuristic space SPARTAN, not just an old school one.

Waldini

I was hoping the Dragons Breath would leave a giant flaming trail ... Now all we have is a silly Warlock grenade :(

GIEF MEH MIJ CHAINZ LITEGNING LAUNCHUR BUNGEE!

Thanks buddy. Still hate you for that Gjallarhorn!

Im back for good now, so just hit me up if you wanna do something or need an extra guy.

Yeah, people are slowly coming back to the game (myself included, and not that sowly), which is good. A mix of the old and the new.

Huh, it just occurred to me that the break between HoW and Comet will be shorter (4 months) than the break between TDB and HoW (6 months!).

As long as the new content keeps people interested (and the ability to run old content with better gear also helps), I don't think there'll be an issue keeping the community live if it hasn't completely disappeared with the break between TDB and HoW.

Hedera

I want tomorrow's NF and/or weekly to have arc burn. Yesterday I finished leveling up my new shiny Thunderlord and want to see the kinds of destruction it does on that burn. Also, I don't think I leveled an exotic weapon so fast even though I had a few 5k bounties stored on my characters.

I want tomorrow's NF and/or weekly to have arc burn. Yesterday I finished leveling up my new shiny Thunderlord and want to see the kinds of destruction it does on that burn. Also, I don't think I leveled an exotic weapon so fast even though I had a few 5k bounties stored on my characters.

I think it will be Summoning Pits with Arc burn.

noomi

Good morning DGaf!

Getting closer and closer to that May 19th aren't we, excited to get started and begin chasing that carrot on the stick again :D

Finally level up my 4th horseman this morning after having it sit in the vault for months.... good god.... this thing is... just awesome.

Onto the invective and then suros! Finally all exotic weapons will be leveled and ready to go by HoW! Will be a tremendous feeling of relief knowing that I will never need to level any exotic weapon again, well except for the new ones coming our way :p

Also....anyone ever notice that DGAF is an abbreviation for
don't give a f**k
lol

Namikaze1

Also....anyone ever notice that DGAF is an abbreviation for
don't give a f**k
lol
Much better than your friend thinking the GAF in GAF Raiders stood for Gay As Fuck. :/

Bastard wouldn't stop joking about that every time we played together last year.

"So Nami, are you gay as fuck?" *troll face*

"Shuddup, Steven!"

Edit: oh, and we created the warminds which are essentially supposed to be doomsday AI capable of defending the entire solar system....

Edit2: I guess pulse rifles are kind of unique as well.

This is why the Vex is one of my favourite guns, it has a unique feel and sound. More of that please.

noomi

Yes, it was pointed out in OT|1| itself.

Well then, I'm pretty late to make that connection lmao.

Much better than your friend thinking the GAF in GAF Raiders stood for Gay As Fuck. :/

Bastard wouldn't stop joking about that every time we played together last year.

"So Nami, are you gay as fuck?" *troll face*

"Shuddup, Steven!"

Lol! Yes... much better indeed. What a bastard :p

Manp

first nightfall 9 energies... kill meeeeee :(

weekly NFs update:

- 9 Energies
- Don't Touch Me (stat -1 than the one i have already, sharded)
- Final Rest II (with shitty perks, sharded)

on the plus side i got a second fatebringer thanks to some good gaffers that invited me to their raid :)

:(

I don't really care what strike NF is this week, I just want them to continue the rainbow burn trend of the last couple of weeks. Makes the NF much more fun IMO.

Keep single burns for the Weekly.

noomi

I don't really care what strike NF is this week, I just want them to continue the rainbow burn trend of the last couple of weeks. Makes the NF much more fun IMO.

Keep single burns for the Weekly.

100% agree with this, NF should be rainbow and weekly should be a single burn.

Nothing is more satisfying than taking down the Archon Priest in under 10 seconds.

weekly NFs update:

- 9 Energies
- Don't Touch Me (stat -1 than the one i have already, sharded)
- Final Rest II (with shitty perks, sharded)

on the plus side i got a second fatebringer thanks to some good gaffers that invited me to their raid :)

:(
You helped me get my first fatebringer, so appreciation goes back to ya.

Deku Tree

Hey does anyone know about the "Loadouts" iOS app? Does it allow you to transfer stuff to your vault? As far as I could tell it only allowed you to transfer a loadout to one of your toons but not the back to the vault...

99% sure this theme offer was done by Sony, so Sony only made it so buying HoW would trigger getting the theme offer as well. Probably not intentionally. Hopefully this is just a "uh hey there's another offer that should trigger this too" getting missed

Someone at Sony was only thinking about generating new sales and maybe nobody is buying the season pass anymore.

Lima

Hey does anyone know about the "Loadouts" iOS app? Does it allow you to transfer stuff to your vault? As far as I could tell it only allowed you to transfer a loadout to one of your toons but not the back to the vault.

Correct. That is the whole point though. You don't need the vault. There should be almost nothing in there.

In 1.2 he is adding the vault as a destination though.

Correct. That is the whole point though. You don't need the vault. There should be almost nothing in there.

In 1.2 he is adding the vault as a destination though.

Hey does anyone know about the "Loadouts" iOS app? Does it allow you to transfer stuff to your vault? As far as I could tell it only allowed you to transfer a loadout to one of your toons but not the back to the vault...

Someone at Sony was only thinking about generating new sales and maybe nobody is buying the season pass anymore.

Which app are we talking about, Destiny Manager or Tower Ghost?

Zoidberg

Loadouts for Destiny. Best iOS app.

After all the recent talk I tried out tower ghost and a loadout feature is a huge quality of life improvement for this game. Being able to setup a loadout, hit a button on my phone and have a full set of gear and weapons move between 2 characters is amazing.The bungie app is getting better, but they have a lot of room for improvement. Props to bungie for releasing the API to make these apps possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom