• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope you guys have better luck than I did.
1 - 7 shards
2 - NBP (dupe with shitty roll)
3 - Payback SOS (shitty AR with shitty roll)

Aaw man that sucks. I only run it for the XP boost and rep to be honest. The exotic collection is complete. But still, those rewards shouldn't even be in the loot table

OH BABY I GET TO WEAR MY VOG GEAR AGAIN.

I absolutely miss my VoG gear. Now the real question is, will CE gear be able to get you to Level 34? If it did, I think there would be a lot more variety when it comes to end-game gear.

That's cool. It seems like upgrades just give straight up power bonus without having to relevel.

Every weapon and armor they showed was already maxed out (all bubbles purchased) when the power up thing happened. My guess is you will have to already have maxed the item before being able to raise its attack/light rating. Which is just fine with me, same for exotics. Nobody was against doing the work in the first place, we just didn't want to do the same work again.

Namikaze1

VoG can keep its crappy Hunter baggy pants.

Not like CE's is any better...

I want most of the Titan VoG set and all of the Warlock's though.

Namikaze1

Me too. ;_;

The good news is I've recollected 7 out of the 12 total armor pieces. Really glad I've kept all the VoG weapons though, I'll never shard them.

damn I thought HoW hype trailer would save me from double post.
We must raid! I need two more Fatebringers!

That's a nice little teaser here.
I really hope we'll get to upgrade any legendary, though, and not just the raid ones: I do want to use that AX84764651321321651321 Firefly scout rifle of mine... :/

awesome! looks like we opnly need one thing to upgrade the weopons. exotic shard maybe? it looked yellow but it also looks like they blanked it purposfully. I hope its exotic shards becuase I have 30 plus of those

LIGHT 34 VOG ARMOR. OMG

Level 34 Guardian, 445 Grimoire :p

LCCi38Z.png

Still have a complete VoG Warlock armor set, my absolute favorite chest armor in the game.

By the time I created my Titan and Hunter, we'd moved onto CE and HM VoG only, So I have helmets.

Implying that the general population know what a burn is lol.

maybe they just think that burn means solar.

shoot your purple shit at em' nami and they get the message. or think your being a jerk

Still have a complete VoG Warlock armor set, my absolute favorite chest armor in the game.

By the time I created my Titan and Hunter, we'd moved onto CE and HM VoG only, So I have helmets.

I have a full hunter set but only 2 pieces for each other class. need to run more VOG

Namikaze1

awesome! looks like we opnly need one thing to upgrade the weopons. exotic shard maybe? it looked yellow but it also looks like they blanked it purposfully. I hope its exotic shards becuase I have 30 plus of those
It's not gonna be an exotic shard. :(

Search your feelings, you know it to be true!

I really hope they don't keep it a secret. If it's exotic shards, I'd like to know now since I've stopped skipping the WHS. I could use the coins to buy more shards.

amar212

I still keep full sets of VoG armor, first IB gloves and legs for every character, all new CE raids sets, IB gloves and all Exotic gear.

It will be interesting to finally get a chance to run and look differently.

Also, I reckon that gearing up will ask for some kind of progression bounties with some special RNG item to finalize the upgrade (which is NOT exotic shard).

noomi

Ahh yes, I have everything from VoG, every weapon and every piece of armor. I almost ended up sharding many of those weapons due to vault space, so glad I kept them :D

Can't wait to hear what Bungie has in store for us tomorrow, exciting times!

Cruxist

Curious if I'll be able to upgrade my Titan Iron Banner gear. I've got the full set between my 30 and 32 gear (minus the helmet of course).

And I'm really happy I'll be able to rock VoG Warlock gear now. I only made mine after CE dropped.

Think I'll stick with CE gear for my Hunter. I love the way it looks with the Blacksmith shader.

GRIP

I have a feeling it's only going to be old raid gear that's up-gradable. But what the hell do I know? I'd love to be able to use TDYK again.

Namikaze1

I only kept all the weapons and the helmets! ;__;
I guess I have a reason to do whole VoG runs again... at least, on NM.
I kept all of the weapons.

I think.

I hope.

Oh god!

I know I still have Praedyth's Revenge, Corrective Measure, Fatebringer, Preatorian Foil, and...and...and...shit I can't remember.

Axoman

I need Titan boots from VoG to complete his set. My Warlock has a full set.

I just need a P. Foil to have all the VoG weapons.

It's not gonna be an exotic shard. :(

Search your feelings, you know it to be true!

I know, it will probably be tied to POE. instead of gear you will probably get an item to upgrade your current gear. new gear with the light level already attached will be sold at the reef. my best guess

I think.

I hope.

Oh god!

I know I still have Praedyth's Revenge, Corrective Measure, Fatebringer, Preatorian Foil, and...and...and...shit I can't remember.

I kept everything. even hezen veangence. dont ask me why

Deku Tree

Added.

FYI, the alt list isn't really a "queue"; there's no real order to it. I try to firm up the team during the day, so we're not scrambling at go-time. Folks who have filled in frequently (StereoType, LTWood12, ich00) are given preference, but other than that it's first come, first served.

edit: not only are we efficient, we're super-duper laid back! Hopefully you can join us for a run soon.

Perfect! Thanks! I hope to play with the crew next week if a spot is open!

I think.

I hope.

Oh god!

check your vault - i'll run it again with you and whomever else needs to. I loved the VoG armor!

I need Titan boots from VoG to complete his set. My Warlock has a full set.

I just need a P. Foil to have all the VoG weapons.

i'm almost done leveling my Foil. the impact (as previously stated in this thread) is SICK

The "power up" effect was pretty strange. There was a yellow circle that "filled in" but after the effect ended there was nothing there, i.e. no bubble that was actually bought with an exotic shard or w/e. Seems like just a placeholder effect for now imo.

1fFb3xS.png

Deku Tree

Level 34 Guardian, 445 Grimoire :p

LCCi38Z.png

The "power up" effect was pretty strange. There was a yellow circle that "filled in" but after the effect ended there was nothing there, i.e. no bubble that was actually bought with an exotic shard or w/e. Seems like just a placeholder effect for now imo.

1fFb3xS.png

Wow I just deleted a bunch of VoG armor. I should have saved it lolz. Whatever the new upgrade material is you know it's not going to be an exotic shard, and you know it is going to be time gated somehow associated with the HoW end game content. We are not all going to be level 34 on May 19. And everyone knows it!

RdN

They clearly show a Warlock Crota's End helmet being upgraded.

It's confirmed now that VoG and Crota gear will get to 34.

What we don't know yet is if we'll be able to upgrade other legendary gear.

noomi

1fFb3xS.png

I thought this was very strange as well, not sure what that did exactly. Maybe it will be a temporary buff to make weapons stronger and then it dissipates? THE ANTICIPATION! I need my fatebringer guys, NEED IT!

They clearly show a Warlock Crota's End helmet being upgraded.

It's confirmed now that VoG and Crota gear will get to 34.

What we don't know yet is if we'll be able to upgrade other legendary gear.

We might be able to upgrade it a bit, but I heavily doubt they're going to let Vendor gear get us to 34.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom