• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaw man that sucks. I only run it for the XP boost and rep to be honest. The exotic collection is complete. But still, those rewards shouldn't even be in the loot table

Not a huge deal, I mainly run it for the XP as well. But I am missing 3 exotics. 2 that are possible NF drops and Nechro lol. If they do drop its just a bonus.

Anyone have the NM DS checkpoint by chance?

The "power up" effect was pretty strange. There was a yellow circle that "filled in" but after the effect ended there was nothing there, i.e. no bubble that was actually bought with an exotic shard or w/e. Seems like just a placeholder effect for now imo.

1fFb3xS.png

Start stockpiling crux of crota, we'll need one for each upgrade bubble :p

it is going to be time gated somehow associated with the HoW end game content.

Yep, I'd say that's a safe bet. It needs to be gated in such a way that the most obsessive players like us can't burn through the new level progression and be max level within a couple weeks. Whatever is used to upgrade old stuff will be time-gated behind the weekly resets somehow, might be the same stuff that'll be used to upgrade new PoE and ToO gear.

I don't post about my group's finds or anything on Gaf, but I have assembled a team of 5 (4 Gaffers) who raid together every week. We usually do it Tuesday or Wednesday starting around 6:30 EST. I get the checkpoints before that, and it takes around 2 hours or so for 3 normal ds/crota, hard crota, gorgon chest, hard atheon. We either run it with a team of 5 or grab a random.

I'm not the leader of a clan looking to recruit people or anything like that. That said, I am posting this because there have been a few "I should find a group" posts in the past couple of days, so feel free to send me a message on PSN (ReignofSparrows) or PM if you're still looking for a group to do all of the activities I listed and that time frame generally works.

Homeboyd

Yeah, I've wanted a foil for a long time, ever since I saw a guy using it to just destroy the oracles in hard mode. Sadly, I've never had one drop yet.
Lets start running oracles/Templar x3 each week. I love running relic on Templar. Most fun in the game for me right now... similar to running sword on CE.

Everything is looking great so far, I am just hoping to Atheon that there are no new currencies.

Look what your false hope has done to him:

CDIVxZmWYAExc2n.jpg:large

I still love killing him. I mean look at that ^ shit. It's especially great because I'm standing right next to all my teammates, not a mile away playing a different game than them like Scrota.

Mindlog

The "power up" effect was pretty strange. There was a yellow circle that "filled in" but after the effect ended there was nothing there, i.e. no bubble that was actually bought with an exotic shard or w/e. Seems like just a placeholder effect for now imo.
I wonder how much Glimmer all the upgrading is going to take. I am currently near the 25k limit with ~35k in my Vault.
Still have all my old VoG gear (I expected something like this to happen) and most of my VoG weapons (I ran out of Vault space.)

Axoman

Everything is looking great so far, I am just hoping to Atheon that there are no new currencies.

I think it's safe to assume whatever is used to upgrade the old gear will be a new currency.

Probably something like a luminate shard or coin. Something that is named by a synonym of ascendant or radiant.

Hmm, let me ask a noob question about this. How much does the burn up the damage? Is it better for me to go into the Weekly with a 331 Solar exotic? Or a 242 Void rare? I don't have any legendary Special Weapons that do Void damage.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/1646096

Burn adds a 3x damage multiplier. (Time's Vengeance is a 5x multiplier fwiw).

Kinda hard for me to compare a 242 vs 331 with the multiplier, I'd just do a few test shots and see how they compare. The damage calculations in this game are nutty.

edit: it also depends on what exotics you have, might make sense to use the void rare if that frees up your exotic for something useful.

WipedOut

Lets start running oracles/Templar x3 each week. I love running relic on Templar. Most fun in the game for me right now... similar to running sword on CE.

I'm ok with that, Why didn't I keep all the VOG helmets that have dropped for me over the past couple months. last month alone, 4 Titan Helmets have dropped. I used to have a full VOG hunter set.

So Far:
Hunter - Nothing
Titan - Arms
Warlock - Helmet and Chest.

Homeboyd

What time? I also have 2 other dudes that can run it also.
I'm down whenever. Usually we run 3x DS/Crota NM at around 5:30 EST on Tues and 3x HM Crota later that night. If we can get Gorgon CP, we'll get that today as well (we have CP). Tomorrow is usually when we run the VoG stuff but I'm down for whatever.

I'm game if we can work out the timing to get it done!
Should we try to do it tomorrow or work it in later tonight? When will you be on?

noomi

Uh, they show a level 34 guardian wearing VoG armor. I don't think we knew that was coming?

edit: Wow you guys posted 40,000 times already oops

There was always some form of speculation, but this confirms it :)

I... don't really like the VoG hunter armor, I think crota armor looks nicer...for hunters...

Burn adds a 3x damage multiplier. (Time's Vengeance is a 5x multiplier fwiw).

Kinda hard for me to compare a 242 vs 331 with the multiplier, I'd just do a few test shots and see how they compare. The damage calculations in this game are nutty.

To add to that, I always feel that matching the enemies' shields is almost just as important as the burn. For example, whenever it's an Arc burn Phogoth, I always bring something solar for the Wizards. Ice Breaker always feels like it takes them out faster than an Arc LDR.

Could be just something I'm making up, so someday I'll actually test it and get some numbers.

I wonder how much Glimmer all the upgrading is going to take. I am currently near the 25k limit with ~35k in my Vault.
Still have all my old VoG gear (I expected something like this to happen) and most of my VoG weapons (I ran out of Vault space.)

Ugh, hadn't thought about that yet. Stacking up Axiomatic beads is such a great way to raise the glimmer cap. I remember getting upwards of 100k of beads when the glimmer farms first really got going. ALL HAIL NORMAL GKEEPERS.

With old gear leveling up to the new level, I can assume that VoG will also be getting a difficulty increase…

Let's hope so, but would the same be true for CE since it's also getting gear upgrades?

365 VoG weapons with Oracle Disruptor would annihilate Lv30 Oracles, lol.

Lnkn52

Ugh, hadn't thought about that yet.Stacking up Axiomatic beads is such a great way to raise the glimmer cap. I remember getting upwards of 100k of beads when the glimmer farms first really got going. ALL HAIL NORMAL GKEEPERS.

Let's hope so, but would the same be true for CE since it's also getting gear upgrades?

365 VoG weapons with Oracle Disruptor would annihilate Lv30 Oracles, lol.

This already feels like the Game of The Year edition. :)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
There was always some form of speculation, but this confirms it :)

I... don't really like the VoG hunter armor, I think crota armor looks nicer...for hunters...
I like the Hunter and Warlock CE armor and Titan and Warlock VoG armor.

GhaleonEB

Welp, looks like I need to run VoG a few times over. I sharded all that armor. :lol

Will be very nice to have options for armor load outs again.

Look what your false hope has done to him:

CDIVxZmWYAExc2n.jpg:large

I still love killing him. I mean look at that ^ shit. It's especially great because I'm standing right next to all my teammates, not a mile away playing a different game than them like Scrota.

true, ist so much more fun. and also that pic is awesome. scota just splodes like a strike boss. they really dropped the ball on that one.

To add to that, I always feel that matching the enemies' shields is almost just as important as the burn. For example, whenever it's an Arc burn Phogoth, I always bring something solar for the Wizards. Ice Breaker always feels like it takes them out faster than an Arc LDR.

Could be just something I'm making up, so someday I'll actually test it and get some numbers.

The problem with testing is that using a burn element that's not the shield element will just say Resist. Although you could still compare # of shots to shield break when using a weapon of similar or same damage i.e. same Impact and Attack rating but different element.

I do know that the burn Resist shots do pretty decent damage, when you shield break with the wrong element it gives the !!! text pop up as if the game didn't expect it, haha. Never been sure exactly how it compared to a non-burn but shield-element damage.

Axoman

I'm down whenever. Usually we run 3x DS/Crota NM at around 5:30 EST on Tues and 3x HM Crota later that night. If we can get Gorgon CP, we'll get that today as well (we have CP). Tomorrow is usually when we run the VoG stuff but I'm down for whatever.

Should we try to do it tomorrow or work it in later tonight? When will you be on?

I should be on tonight for Nightfalls with some friends. If I get done with those and you guys are done with HM crota stuff, we could try tonight, or I can see if I can get on about 9:30-10PM EST tomorrow to run VoG stuff with you guys.

moris

I don't post about my group's finds or anything on Gaf, but I have assembled a team of 5 (4 Gaffers) who raid together every week. We usually do it Tuesday or Wednesday starting around 6:30 EST. I get the checkpoints before that, and it takes around 2 hours or so for 3 normal ds/crota, hard crota, gorgon chest, hard atheon. We either run it with a team of 5 or grab a random.

I'm not the leader of a clan looking to recruit people or anything like that. That said, I am posting this because there have been a few "I should find a group" posts in the past couple of days, so feel free to send me a message on PSN (ReignofSparrows) or PM if you're still looking for a group to do all of the activities I listed and that time frame generally works.
Hold a spot for me if you guys are getting it done tonight.

Namikaze1

Okay I have

VoC
Praedyth's Revenge
Hezen
Fatebringer
Praetorian Foil
Corrective Measure

I dismantled Timepiece, Found Verdict, and Atheon's Epilogue a long time ago

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
edit: too early

The problem with testing is that using a burn element that's not the shield element will just say Resist. Although you could still compare # of shots to shield break when using a weapon of similar or same damage i.e. same Impact and Attack rating but different element.

I do know that the burn Resist shots do pretty decent damage, when you shield break with the wrong element it gives the !!! text pop up as if the game didn't expect it, haha. Never been sure exactly how it compared to a non-burn but shield-element damage.
I did this to test once. it's very close. I found the ability to be sure a single headshot would kill after the shield was down made it worth bringing the element burn weapon instead. But if it's something like Ice Breaker it's never a truly awful idea if you prefer it.

that pic is awesome.

Thanks! I'd love a HUD-less option just to get that crap off the screen.

Whyyyyyy would you do that?? Did you really need the materials?

I sharded it all in a fit of rage while grinding my ass off for commendations etc. to hit Lv31 and kill Crota on TDB release day.

Light level is so paramount in this game I didn't think I'd ever wear it again, whoops. Definitely a silly decision especially since my armor Vault space has never been even half full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom