• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl2177

We still don't know if there's an upgrade currency, so I'm not getting my hopes up for upgrading a bunch of armor and weapons. I have my group of upgrades that I will get regardless of currency(Fatebringer, Praedyths, AE, VoC).

M3Rocket

Yeah there have been a few videos posted on Reddit and it's absolutely happened to me on the walker's legs, without any immune shenanigans. Just three yellow crits in a row and then reload.

I ran into this after the last update and noticed it killing the walker and Sepkis during the Nightfall last week. I can't seem to recreate the bug with any consistency though. It seems that when it happens, I just reload and shoot a non-crit, reload and then it works again.

GhaleonEB

Whyyyyyy would you do that?? Did you really need the materials?

I tend to only keep stuff that seems useful. Once CE came out, level 30 armor was no longer useful. Kinda short sighted in hindsight, but now I get the fun
frustration
of earning it again.

I have to say, the Reef looks awesome. Just from an art/style standpoint there's nothing like it in the game.

Ugh, hadn't thought about that yet. Stacking up Axiomatic beads is such a great way to raise the glimmer cap. I remember getting upwards of 100k of beads when the glimmer farms first really got going. ALL HAIL NORMAL GKEEPERS.

Let's hope so, but would the same be true for CE since it's also getting gear upgrades?

365 VoG weapons with Oracle Disruptor would annihilate Lv30 Oracles, lol.

I bet not. I assume the only way to get the upgraded versions is going to be this new upgrade process which will be tied direclty to HOW somehow. I dont think the raids will be getting any new modes or level increases.

they will not let it be that easy to get to the level cap. also the material has to be something new possibly earned during PoE or ToO. otherwise everyone will hit the cap with in seconds of HoW dropping.

I tend to only keep stuff that seems useful. Once CE came out, level 30 armor was no longer useful. Kinda short sighted in hindsight, but now I get the fun
frustration
of earning it again.

VOG is still a blast. I am only missing 4 peices of armor from it. And now I really want to run it again to collect them.

AaronMT86

Welp, dismantled all my VoG gear way back in January. I have no interest in re-running VoG. Wish they had let us known about this core change ages ago.

it's very close. I found the ability to be sure a single headshot would kill after the shield was down made it worth bringing the element burn weapon instead..

Nice, thanks for the input- exactly the same as my "intuitive conclusion." Burn elements are so effective in general. Like FBringer'ing a Solar shielded Shank.

Ryck

I bet not. I assume the only way to get the upgraded versions is going to be this new upgrade process which will be tied direclty to HOW somehow. I dont think the raids will be getting any new modes or level increases.

they will not let it be that easy to get to the level cap. also the material has to be something new possibly earned during PoE or ToO. otherwise everyone will hit the cap with in seconds of HoW dropping.
I have heard rumblings of a token system. Tokens dropping from the POE of course. We will know tomorrow right?

GhaleonEB

We still don't know if there's an upgrade currency, so I'm not getting my hopes up for upgrading a bunch of armor and weapons. I have my group of upgrades that I will get regardless of currency(Fatebringer, Praedyths, AE, VoC).

My hope is that to upgrade a legendary weapon or armor piece, it requires a commendation. Then you need to re-earn that last column of attack/defense to upgrade it, which requires mats. Boom, commendations and mats are useful again.

edit: too early

I did this to test once. it's very close. I found the ability to be sure a single headshot would kill after the shield was down made it worth bringing the element burn weapon instead. But if it's something like Ice Breaker it's never a truly awful idea if you prefer it.

I'm sure you're right. I guess some of it may just be that I want an excuse to not bother transferring stuff around. If I "let" myself bring one strategic element that's not the "burn" element, then I can almost always find a loadout consisting of the stuff that I have on each character without moving stuff around.

My thoughts / predictions are that ascendant mats will be needed for regular legendary gear, radiant mats for raid gear / PoE / ToO gear and a new mat that will only drop in PoE / ToO will be used for the final upgrade on all new gear and will be used to level up the old gear.

This way they keep all the previous content relevant for progress and still hate it enough to slow us down with rng and weekly resets.

Not a huge deal, I mainly run it for the XP as well. But I am missing 3 exotics. 2 that are possible NF drops and Nechro lol. If they do drop its just a bonus.

Anyone have the NM DS checkpoint by chance?

So far I got Crest of Alpha Lupi and Sunbreakers, but Tears and Nooblet have only gotten stuff like Legendary Engrams and legendaries with shitty perks.

I think we have a NM DS checkpoint, if you're still searching for that.

There are oracles in PoE.

I know/assume you're joking but they're Vex that can only exist inside the Vault where they have control over reality, like the Gorgons' ability to wipe you from existence. They mark you as unreal then Templar negates you out of existence. Wouldn't make sense anywhere else.

blazeuk

Glad to see them making older raid gear relevant again, it was a stupid decision not to allow it to be upgraded in the first place, all that effort to get it only for it to be outdone by new raid gear shortly after. Thankfully I didn't shard any of my VoG stuff, had a feeling they'd eventually realise it was a mistake - it took long enough to get that stuff too and I have enough armour slots that there wasn't much need to dismantle it.

It'll definitely be interesting to see the currency needed to upgrade though, it's likely going to put everyone through the raids again anyway either with a guaranteed "upgrade" drop at the end or if they wanted to be particularly annoying about it a drop rate similar to the crux.

So far I got Crest of Alpha Lupi and Sunbreakers, but Tears and Nooblet have only gotten stuff like Legendary Engrams and legendaries with shitty perks.

I think we have a NM DS checkpoint, if you're still searching for that.

Cool beans, I'll be around most of today. I'll take the cp off you guys unless you wanna get a group together to run it later. Still searching for 4th Horseman.

aw man, Found Verdict? I actually like that shotty.

FV is straight beast mode on Oracles and still a top PvP shotty although Felwinter's Snoozefest has basically obsoleted any PvP min/max shotty alternatives.

I think it's pretty safe to assume they didn't know about it themselves back then...

Yep, it ties into their ongoing struggles for producing new true Raid content. I have to imagine they were hoping they'd be able to leave VoG behind because people would be hyped for the new Raid activities. Clearly that hasn't happened.

Thrak360

Neo Member
edit: too early

I did this to test once. it's very close. I found the ability to be sure a single headshot would kill after the shield was down made it worth bringing the element burn weapon instead. But if it's something like Ice Breaker it's never a truly awful idea if you prefer it.

Thanks for the comments on this Boguester, Hudson, Hawk. I don't have any elemental primary weapons, so in that slot I just use Red Death or Badger CCL. Most frequently the latter of the two, with Ice Breaker in the special slot.

Glad to see them making older raid gear relevant again, it was a stupid decision not to allow it to be upgraded in the first place, all that effort to get it only for it to be outdone by new raid gear shortly after. Thankfully I didn't shard any of my VoG stuff, had a feeling they'd eventually realise it was a mistake - it took long enough to get that stuff too and I have enough armour slots that there wasn't much need to dismantle it.

It'll definitely be interesting to see the currency needed to upgrade though, it's likely going to put everyone through the raids again anyway either with a guaranteed "upgrade" drop at the end or if they wanted to be particularly annoying about it a drop rate similar to the crux.

I never dismantled them becuase I enjoy using them still. until I got hunger of crota I was still using HV. even on crota in december lol

we worked so hard for that stuff back then it was much more sentimental than your average 331 legendary youi picked up. althugh im starting to get some feels for my my LDR. probably the best gun to come out of TDB

with the exception of CE raid gear of course

BuzzJive

Slide that Bungie showed at GDC. Not digging it up though. Sorry.

I found it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=81&v=Bjk3JffN-Tk

It's a bit of a strange breakdown. The guy analyzing it in the video says it represents 15%, but that's also including stuff like the tower, which looks like it's like 30% - and that's not PvP or PvE. PvP is definitely less than PvE as a whole, but it looks like slightly more than the Raid. Eyeballing it makes it look like 55% PvE to 15% PvP, which normalized is over 20% PvP.

1 in 5 people isn't big, but it's not a "very small percent" either. 4 new PvP maps and one new playlist doesn't seem like an unbalanced amount of support for PvP in HoW, but I suppose that depends on the details of the Arena.

4th Horseman is kinda useful now. Kinda. :p

actually, I woduld say 4th horseman is the most fun gun in the game peroid. Ive been running around with it on bounities and its just fun to shoot that beast. If I could find a reason to run a high level shotty in general for high level play. I would definlty use it

Did something happen? What did I miss? I thought the reef look was manana.

30 sec trailer

Deku Tree

Bungie on Twitter:

"@Bungie: Recent changes to the Winter’s Run Strike are unintentional. We’re looking into it. More on this topic, soon."

What people were calling the "Stealth cheese patch" was actually a bug lolz

CE NM? Home in 30-40 min

all the CE runs go on while im at work. I need tuesdays off. no one runs saturday morning raids anymore.

Bungie on Twitter:

"@Bungie: Recent changes to the Winter’s Run Strike are unintentional. We’re looking into it. More on this topic, soon."

yeah sure Bungie, they watched with evil glee, had thier fun. and now are "fixing it" lol
im not that cynical. Im sure it was actually a bug

Shito

Bungie on Twitter:

Smells a lot like an unapproved fix got pushed in the release build by mistake.

30 sec trailer

Can I...can I uh, get it? I blocked Bungie on Youtube. But link it on youtube. Thank you~

Bungie on Twitter:

Wait what happened

we were killing aksor with like one Thunderlord clip and 4 gjalla rockets last night

Deku Tree

I found it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=81&v=Bjk3JffN-Tk

It's a bit of a strange breakdown. The guy analyzing it in the video says it represents 15%, but that's also including stuff like the tower, which looks like it's like 30% - and that's not PvP or PvE. PvP is definitely less than PvE as a whole, but it looks like slightly more than the Raid. Eyeballing it makes it look like 55% PvE to 15% PvP, which normalized is over 20% PvP.

1 in 5 people isn't big, but it's not a "very small percent" either. 4 new PvP maps and one new playlist doesn't seem like an unbalanced amount of support for PvP in HoW, but I suppose that depends on the details of the Arena.

Those are fair points.

I never dismantled them becuase I enjoy using them still. until I got hunger of crota I was still using HV. even on crota in december lol

we worked so hard for that stuff back then it was much more sentimental than your average 331 legendary youi picked up. althugh im starting to get some feels for my my LDR. probably the best gun to come out of TDB

with the exception of CE raid gear of course

I love the VoG weapons. I still carry around a FB, VoC, PR, and CM on each of my characters at all times. I did shard a Hezen Vengeance each time I leveled up a Hunger of Crota since I feel like they are the same RL just with tracking added for the Hunger.

I have broken down gear just because I kept choosing the wrong gear to equip when switching stuff around. The icons look pretty similar in my opinion.

Axoman

Bungie on Twitter:

People are upset at our change, let people know we think it's a bug.

cilonen

Can I...can I uh, get it? I blocked Bungie on Youtube. But link it on youtube. Thank you~

Wait what happened

we were killing aksor with like one Thunderlord clip and 4 gjalla rockets last night

It's the hoarde mode bit with Dinklebot opening the door. It resets after the first wave if you're sniping from the rock near the entrance to the area or the Ketch.

...? Which Gatekeeper? Or is this some kind of inside joke? Boguester is confused o_O

VoG normal. Ghaleon was going on about how much fun his 4th was. We cleared the adds glimmer farming style and he ran up to the Gatekeeper and thump, thump, thump, thump, dead.

Gatekeeper was at less than half, but more than a quarter health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom