• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean it was top of previous page...

House of Wolves Reveal Teaser - The Reef

Thanks I kinda like...skipped to last page. We're getting back to pre-exodus levels of posting.

It's the hoarde mode bit with Dinklebot opening the door. It resets after the first wave if you're sniping from the rock near the entrance to the area or the Ketch.

Hahahhaha wooooooow. I didn't notice last night because I ran around like an idiot during thta part. But wooow.

VoG normal. Ghaleon was going on about how much fun his 4th was. We cleared the adds glimmer farming style and he ran up to the Gatekeeper and thump, thump, thump, thump, dead.

Gatekeeper was at less than half, but more than a quarter health.

haha okay that makes sense now. 4thH is a ton of fun to use for low level content but holy cow it's not an especially effective weapon let alone exotic. A great way to burn through all your special ammo I guess...

Thanks I kinda like...skipped to last page. We're getting back to pre-exodus levels of posting.

Not quite, but at least more folks are talking. I still need to see more. The teaser isn't doing anything for me yet. The idea of upgrading old loot is intriguing, but details need to be ironed out.

As Drizzay said, this will likely be tied to a weekly reset activity. Probably a unique mat in the Prison of Elders or something like that. Akin to Radiant Shards that you need X amount to upgrade with.

We're getting back to pre-exodus levels of posting..

Yeah I mean you can tell there's still a lot of interest and hope from the community, whenever some new info lands the thread speeds way up. People want a reason to come back with a vengeance.

But not a lot of people are actually playing much right now. The thread got a bigger boost from a 30 second teaser than the weekly reset.

I sharded it all in a fit of rage while grinding my ass off for commendations etc. to hit Lv31 and kill Crota on TDB release day.

Light level is so paramount in this game I didn't think I'd ever wear it again, whoops. Definitely a silly decision especially since my armor Vault space has never been even half full.
I kept all of mine mainly because it still put me over the level for any non-raid PvE encounter, and my Warlock robes have a shitload of Intellect. Plus I really like the way they looked and hoped beyond hope that there would be some sort of transmog system later. Yay me.

I tend to only keep stuff that seems useful. Once CE came out, level 30 armor was no longer useful. Kinda short sighted in hindsight, but now I get the fun
frustration
of earning it again.

I have to say, the Reef looks awesome. Just from an art/style standpoint there's nothing like it in the game.
Bummer that the drop rate in VoG is so bad compared to Crota's End. I still need so much from VoG, including Fatebringer and Pratorean Foil. One day I'll get there, that is still the most satisfying raid to run from start to finish

Dave_6

That short video got me hyped! I've got all the VoG weapons still and all the armor except for the Warlock gauntlets and the Titan gauntlets and boots. I have 100% of the CE weapons and armor.

The VoG Warlock armor is still my favorite in the game, especially the helmet.

Ambitious

Bungie on Twitter:

"@Bungie: Recent changes to the Winter’s Run Strike are unintentional. We’re looking into it. More on this topic, soon."

What people were calling the "Stealth cheese patch" was actually a bug lolz

bungie7nlok.png

I dont understand what you guys are talking about. What strike what exploit?

I keep seeing the rock the rock.

The archon priest strike on Venus. When you get to the usual dinklebot door opening three waves of vex part. The rock right at the top of the cliff as you enter the area where you can safely snipe and no one can touch you. That's the rock. They've patched it so the if you kill everyone from up there it resets the encounter and you have to start the door over again

cilonen

That area? There are so many places to hide in order to snipe... that doesn't seem too big a deal.

It seems to be any area x metres away from the door where x is a small number ruling out any of the previously favoured sniping points on the Ketch or the rocks.

Bungie on Twitter:

"@Bungie: Recent changes to the Winter’s Run Strike are unintentional. We’re looking into it. More on this topic, soon."

What people were calling the "Stealth cheese patch" was actually a bug lolz

Played that part right now, it doest reset unless you kill them all so you can leave one alive, kill it in short range and wait for the new wave to snipe them I think

Hung Wei Lo

Raid pals: same thing as last week, if time allows?

8:30 PM Eastern:
- Gorgon's chest NM (anyone have this?)
- Gorgon's chest HM (anyone have this?)
- 1x NM CE full
- 3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill
- 1x HM VoG full
- 3x Atheon kill

1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) captscience (PSN captscience) I'm pretty sure captscience is out this week. If not, let me know!
43) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)
54) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
6) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
5) StereoType (PSN Haybro_)
6) ???

a1) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) ??
a2) ich00 (PSN ichabod00) ??
a3) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
a4) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) needs to start after 9pm Eastern
a5) Lnkn52 ??
a6) Hung Wei Lo ??
a7) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??
a8) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
a9) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) can't play this week
a10) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet)

Sorry for missing out last week - I was on vacay, frolicking around in the sand and drinking fruity alcoholic beverages. I should be on, though I may need to be part of the A-Team since it'll be around 9pm EST

Gorgon cp anyone?

I can load it up now since DJ has plugged into the wall socket and Rawr was
eaten by lesbian bears gao gao I dunno what this means

You want Normal then Hard? I think I have both. Turning on PS4 now.

edit: doing life stuff so no mic

I can load it up now since DJ has plugged into the wall socket and Rawr was
eaten by lesbian bears gao gao I dunno what this means

You want Normal then Hard? I think I have both. Turning on PS4 now.

edit: doing life stuff so no mic

I have a whole fireteam with me that wants to grab the normal cp if that's cool?

Edit: I'll come by myself and distribute it.

^Sure, anybody can join up now, I can chill a while and let people swap around or whatever.

At Normal Gorgons now, can also load Hard if people want.

Get it while the gettings good.

^Sure, anybody can join up now, I can chill a while and let people swap around or whatever.

At Normal Gorgons now, can also load Hard if people want.

Get it while the gettings good.

joining you now... need it 3x please. and i'd like to wipe to keep and share them for later.

Somewhat interesting teaser. The upgrade box and VoG armor. I guess doing the old VoG raid to get L34 gear is something?

Hopefully they reveal some good stuff tomorrow. The video was almost like a DeeJ post in a video form.

Haven't played in weeks.

Is PVP better now?

I played crucible for first time in months months last night and I think the latest patch has improved it. Not so many shotguns and fusion rifles as primary. It is still a laggy mess though at times. But I enjoyed it enough to be wanting to do more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom