• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ssssttt keep it down, otherwise
no one wants to play with me again

Always good to have you with us man!
We will probably run some VoG or maybe Crota HM later in the week if you still need it.

I'll be around today and tomorrow if u guys decide to run either. Still missing 3 exotics... 4th HM, Nechro, and Lucky Raspberry.

haha sounds good :) I need to finish leveling up my pvp character tho :( Be around lvl120 and we can shed blood!

PSA Boguster PSN is DrDrizzay101

What kinda build are you running? Never played any Souls game before so didn't really understand the leveling and weapon scaling very well. Not too keen on building multiple characters but kinda feel like I have to.

Frostburn

So last night I played 3x Crota, 3x Atheon, and 3x Nightfall. Not only did I NOT get the boots or helmet that I need for me Hunter, I only got two exotics, both of which I already have.

**** this game.

6864121410_3906450390_z.jpg

I know that feel. The issue I have with the way RNG is handled in this game is that gear directly determines your level which matters significantly especially in content where all enemies are higher level then you can achieve.

I'm not saying it should be easy to get the best gear in the game but the reward system for putting in the time and work and succeeding needs to be better. You can get lucky and get that drop you need in 1-2 weeks or it can take you 2 months. There needs to be a weighted balance to drops that goes more in your favor based on how many times you've "missed" the roll in the past. It is frustrating enough with Exotic weapons where people seem to get the same 3-4 all the time and most have those 1-2 weapons they NEVER see drop for them but for gear it is ridiculous as your luck 100% affects your ability to play end game content at times regardless of your skill level.

EDIT: Yes I am still salty it took my Warlock FOREVER to get the CE gear to reach 32 and the fact that I still have no Gjallarhorn :)

So last night I played 3x Crota, 3x Atheon, and 3x Nightfall. Not only did I NOT get the boots or helmet that I need for me Hunter, I only got two exotics, both of which I already have.

**** this game.

6864121410_3906450390_z.jpg

RNG is a bitch. It only took me a little over a week to get my Titan from scratch to level 31. It took 6 weeks to get to level 32 waiting for damn boots to drop. Ended up having to rely on Iron Banner to get Light 36 boots. CE raid boots cam a few weks later. Even with a Smarloot drop, it can take 2 months or more.

Yeah, thanks again for the NM CE runs guys. Been too long since I ran with u guys, always fun.

Aren't supposed to watching some footy ball or something.

Yup, Bayern is absolutely destroying Porto, quite boring actually, heh.

Maybe catch you again later this week for some runs!

E92 M3

haha sounds good :) I need to finish leveling up my pvp character tho :( Be around lvl120 and we can shed blood!

PSA Boguster PSN is DrDrizzay101

You're on friend! As soon as I get the plat, I will be looking at PVP heavily.

--

On another note, it feels really good not having to worry about buying the DLC since having the pass purchased from a while ago. I wonder what will be free and what will be accessible to all.

As of now, I am guessing that the POE will be DLC locked and weapon upgrades will be free for all.

Ryck

lol thanks Rawr! Hard to keep up with the thread during Gorgon sharing as you know.

Anyone here feel free to add me and join up. If it's full just keep an eye on the fire team, a spot will open soon as people hop in and out.
Thanks again man!!!

patchday

lol thanks Rawr! Hard to keep up with the thread during Gorgon sharing as you know.

Anyone here feel free to add me and join up. If it's full just keep an eye on the fire team, a spot will open soon as people hop in and out.

Yo thanks! Got shards and energies again on all 3 dudes.

You're welcome to all Gaffers posting nice things here, always fun to help the community.

I get really excited whenever someone pulls an exotic, and it never fails to make me laugh watching someone scrub up the jumps up there :p Their gamertag just bopping up and down...

edit: I can chill here a bit longer if more people want to join.

My god that is a an amazing OT title!

Glad you liked it :) Was not met with universal approval but can't please all the people all the time...

You're welcome to all Gaffers posting nice things here, always fun to help the community.

I get really excited whenever someone pulls an exotic, and it never fails to make me laugh watching someone scrub up the jumps up there :p Their gamertag just bopping up and down...

lol. thanks Driz for hosting. nada from HM for me this week :(

ich00

So to jump of stb's idea I thought let's get the alt group together, there seems to be enough to form a second group and have a few alts left to pull from both groups if needed. Here's what I was thinking (need to start a little later than stb):

9:30 PM Eastern:
- Gorgon's chest NM (kazeshini)
- Gorgon's chest HM (kazeshini)
- 1x NM CE full
- 3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill (kazeshini has this CP as well if we don't need a full run)
- 1x HM VoG full
- 3x Atheon kill

We can adjust this if people want to do more VoG or whatever, especially in light of being able to upgrade that gear now.

and the list:

1) ich00 (ichabod00
2) austinjohnson34 (ich00's friend)
3) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) ??
4) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
5) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337)
6) Lnkn52 ??

1b) Hung Wei Lo ??
2b) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
3b) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) can't play this week
4b) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??

Let me know who is in and who is out so I can adjust the list accordingly. If I can start closer to 9 I'll try, I'm at the mercy of my son and when I can get him to sleep.

nOoblet16

All I got was shards...

Anyone wants to run Atheon NM x3 then HM x3 or Crota HM x3 ? (will need checkpoints, I only have HM Gorgons)

So to jump of stb's idea I thought let's get the alt group together, there seems to be enough to form a second group and have a few alts left to pull from both groups if needed. Here's what I was thinking (need to start a little later than stb):

- Gorgon's chest NM (anyone have this?)
- Gorgon's chest HM (anyone have this?)
- 1x NM CE full
- 3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill
- 1x HM VoG full
- 3x Atheon kill

We can adjust this if people want to do more VoG or whatever, especially in light of being able to upgrade that gear now.

and the list:

1) ich00 (ichabod00
5) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) needs to start after 9pm Eastern
6) Lnkn52 ??
7) Hung Wei Lo ??
8) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337) ??
9) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
10) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) can't play this week
11) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet)

Let me know who is in and who is out so I can adjust the list accordingly. If I can start closer to 9 I'll try, I'm at the mercy of my son and when I can get him to sleep.

i'm down with 9:30.
edit: i have both Gorgon's CPs, and i'm on the list twice. please keep my 5 spot and delete my 8 spot. :)

Thanks for the stuff drizzay!

So, actually looking at the trailer, they cut off what 'material' one needs for uh, upgrading old gear?

Happy you don't have to relevel it tho

What kinda build are you running? Never played any Souls game before so didn't really understand the leveling and weapon scaling very well. Not too keen on building multiple characters but kinda feel like I have to.
Way off topic but

Hmm honestly, the only differences is setting a level cap for pvp. Normally there's an ideal level cap that the community decides on which prevents a character from becoming awesome at everything. Its ~ lvl 120. Normally I level up stamina, hp, strength and eventually other things once I hit the soft cap when I play through it first. This time around, since there is a restriction I am gonna focus on stamina, hp and skill for a fast hitting character. Weapon scaling helps determine a certain % addition attack base on your base damage, which is determine on your stats itself. The higher the ranking, the more % addition attack damage is stacked on the base damage. Did this help?

Edit: just pm me if you wanna ask anything :p

Last week I saved normal on my Titan, wipe and all, and when I loaded into the raid it started me at the beginning. The weird thing was that it still had the resume/restart buttons when starting the raid, so it knew I had a checkpoint. WTF.

Zoba I hear of how amazing you are in crucible--any chance you will be doing pick up games with Gaf members for Skirmish? I would want to play against a legend.

GAF skrims would be fun. perhaps we can set something up in the future.

ya'll best be practicing in the mean time because i wont go easy (just ask fig)

Could be coincidence, but gives credence to the Time based server side RNG theory with the Engram trick. Ryck and I opened the chest simultaneously.

Yeah this was the first thing I thought of when both exotics popped up.

Anybody that knows about the time-based RNG coding have any clues as to how often the "prime time" cycles? Would it repeat at certain intervals or anything? Probably be too easy for the community to eventually figure it out but maybe nobody has tried yet...

**** this game.

Hey, at least you got a CMeasure and a PTimepiece from Gate Keepers. So that's something.

Okie doke, shutting down the Gorgon Factory for now. Hopefully enough people have the CPs that others can still find it if they need it. I can share it again later in the week too.

Good times.

GAF skrims would be fun. perhaps we can set something up in the future.

ya'll best be practicing in the mean time because i wont go easy (just ask fig)

All I've been playing recently is skirmish to prepare for the Trials of Osiris so whenever you are available I'm down for a few games.
Was it you who made fig cry?

stb

- 1x NM CE full
- 1x HM VoG full
- 3x Atheon kill

and the list:

1) ich00 (ichabod00
6) Lnkn52 ??

1b) Hung Wei Lo ??
4b) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet)

If you steal LTWood12 from me, I'll kill you.

Shito

I can confirm the Archon's strike is now bugged: when doing the weekly with my girlfriend and another friend, we messed up our timing when sniping from up the Rock and it rebooted the phase. After completed the first wave again, properly this time, it never spawned the second. We had to wipe and restart one more time. Good thing it did not happen during the NF...

EDIT: my iPad decided it would be nice to capitalise "the Rock". I can kinda agree with him...

- 1x NM CE full
- 1x HM VoG full
- 3x Atheon kill

and the list:

1) ich00 (ichabod00
6) Lnkn52 ??

1b) Hung Wei Lo ??
4b) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet)

oh, who can run sword?

I asked this in the other thread.

So VoG gear upgrade? Are we getting upgrades for the current Crota gear? If not then what was the whole point of the Crota raid???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom