• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah CE bonuses are useless even in the CE raid, more in Hard because is nearly an instant wipe if you lose someone, and the other bonuses are the same as the VoG bonuses and I doubt those bonuses will change in HotW.

The only gear that changes bonuses in their gear is the PVP gear aka faction vendors and crucible except the Vanguard that would soon be useless with the new upgrade system

i don't think they should let you transmog raid gear or exotics. i think the point with those armors is that they're special and have exclusive abilities.

everything else is fair game though, and they should not restrict the light level to raid or exotic weapons. rather, there should have been a vendor or upgrade path to increases light level for each piece of gear. so players would wear what they want and seek out the rare stuff for their unique abilities. "a temporary boost to reload speed when oversoul's gaze is active" is useless for 99% of the game, but i have to wear it to get me to 32.

shortsighted design right there.

This is also what bugged me about the CE armor when I first saw it. I literally said in the party I was in, 'Wow it has a whole ability for something that might happen and for 7 seconds at that'. It's like...holy shit. The same with the oracle buffs the VoG weapons give...like seriously? That's shit. Those are shit upgrades. I hope Bungie realizes this.

Bungie if you're reading, stop having shitty upgrades, for extremely minimal bonuses that rarely apply exclusively for a raid, on raid armor. Stop it.

i don't think they should let you transmog raid gear or exotics. i think the point with those armors is that they're special and have exclusive abilities.

everything else is fair game though, and they should not restrict the light level to raid or exotic weapons. rather, there should have been a vendor or upgrade path to increases light level for each piece of gear. so players would wear what they want and seek out the rare stuff for their unique abilities. "a temporary boost to reload speed when oversoul's gaze is active" is useless for 99% of the game, but i have to wear it to get me to 32.

shortsighted design right there.
Unless I'm misunderstanding what transmog means, wouldn't it just change what your gear looks like? I thought it was purely cosmetic, or at least that's how it is in Diablo.

This is also what bugged me about the CE armor when I first saw it. I literally said in the party I was in, 'Wow it has a whole ability for something that might happen and for 7 seconds at that'. It's like...holy shit. The same with the oracle buffs the VoG weapons give...like seriously? That's shit. Those are shit upgrades. I hope Bungie realizes this.

Bungie if you're reading, stop having shitty upgrades, for extremely minimal bonuses that rarely apply exclusively for a raid, on raid armor. Stop it.

The oracle buff on VoG weapons is legitimately useful. I still use VoC exclusive because it helps take out oracles faster.

Unless I'm misunderstanding what transmog means, wouldn't it just change what your gear looks like? I thought it was purely cosmetic, or at least that's how it is in Diablo.

that's my understanding too, but i may be thinking about it backwards.

say you have a legendary gaunlets with increased hand cannon reload speed. but it looks ugly as sin and you'd rather wear your rare gauntlets because they look nicer.

throw some motes in a transmorphamajig machine and now your legendary gauntlets look like your rare.

that's 3 tiers of armor that open up to us. we're still using legendary stats, but they'd look however we want.

this is especially important to me because i love the short robes the warlocks wear when they start out. everything else at the higher levels are floor-length.

ill be upgrading my exotic prmaries upto thier unique perk only for crucible. I have never fired a shot from thorn or the last word. recently upgraded mida and red death. any others worth upgrading?

amar212

that's my understanding too, but i may be thinking about it backwards.

say you have a legendary gaunlets with increased hand cannon reload speed. but it looks ugly as sin and you'd rather wear your rare gauntlets because they look nicer.

throw some motes in a transmorphamajig machine and now your legendary gauntlets look like your rare.

that's 3 tiers of armor that open up to us. we're still using legendary stats, but they'd look however we want.

this is especially important to me because i love the short robes the warlocks wear when they start out. everything else at the higher levels are floor-length.

I agree with you on this one.

Modellers and designers spent 90% of their worktime to design dozens and dozens different Rare gear for all 3 races, but noone even enjoys them - 99,9% of players simply dismantles them instantly.

Of all additions the upgrading will be fundamental from perspective of endgame players. Finally there will be some use for Vendor/Factions gear and everyone will be able to make the setouts on his prefered playstyle.

Next level should be the ability to make some basic adjustment to Legendary weapon outsets, because it makes no sense we can travel interplanetary, but I can't change the damn optics on my snipers.

I know that ability to change the actual perks would be too much for RNG narcodrug cartel leaders at Bungie because it would undermine the foundation of their druglording, but maybe that day will come one day as well, hopefully not cheapwhored as rolling at trollmaster Saladine.

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
At Archon Priest in nightfall if anyone wants to jump in.

He has less than half health but I've lost both the members of my PUG.

PSN: DiscreteCat

LTWood12

So if remote play all of a sudden can't find my Ps4, I think it means one of the following:

1. Power outage at my house-checked outage map online and confirmed its not this.

2. Internet down at home-hoping it's this.

3. Someone burglarized my home-please God no...

Lnkn52

So if remote play all of a sudden can't find my Ps4, I think it means one of the following:

1. Power outage at my house-checked outage map online and confirmed its not this.

Did you install the update? You need to do this procedure first.

If I still need a ton of weapons and gear from BOTH Raids, is it a good idea to try to run normal on all characters THEN hard on all characters for each raid?

CE and VoG handle their NM and HM drops differently.

C
rappy
E
xcuse
- Armor only drops on NM or on HM if you haven't run NM yet. The exception is the helmet from Scrota which can drop on NM and HM.

-Abyss: Gloves
-Bridge: Boots and Chest
-Death Singer: Class armor
-Scrota: Helmet

Weapons have unique drop spots so you'd need to double up some encounters. Primaries from HM CE, all others from NM.

-NM Scrota: All secondary and heavy weapons (e.g. BHammer, Hungry Scrota)
-HM Abyss: Pulse rifle Oversoul Edict
-HM Bridge: Auto rifle Abyss Defiant
-Deathsinger: lol wut
-HM Scrota: Hand cannon Wordy Scrota, scout rifle Fang of No Loot, Crux of Scrota

Since the secondary and heavy weapons can only drop from NM Scrota, you have to do this before HM or you'll lose their weekly drop chance completely. Primary weapons only drop from HM so it doesn't matter if you've already done NM.

V
ision
of G
reatness
- NM weapon drops are:

-NM Oracles and Templar: Shotgun Found Verdict and sniper Praedyth's Revenge
-NM Gatekeeper: Machine gun Corrective Measure and rocket launcher Heaven Vengeance
-NM Atheon: Auto rifle Atheon's Epilogue and scout rifle Vision of Confluence

All the weapons that drop on NM can also drop on HM, but some weapons are HM only:

-HM Oracles: Fusion rifle Praetorian Foil
-HM Templar: Hand cannon Fate Bringer
-HM Gate Keepers: Pulse rifle Praedyth's Timepiece
-HM Atheon: Primary exotic fusion rifle Vex Mythoclast

For armor, the helmet can only drop on HM Atheon but the other 3 pieces can drop on NM or HM Oracles, Templar and Gate Keepers. Not sure exactly which ones are where.

Doing only HM means you get two loot drop chances that both pull from the HM loot table. This is why people can get two Fate Bringers from HM Templar or two helmets from HM Atheon. If you get all the HM-only drops then you can just run NM since it won't dilute the table with things you don't want.

TL;DR
My recommendation for raid drops- Do NM and HM CE since it's fast and has NM exclusives, only do HM VoG since it's longer but has everything

I agree with you on this one.

Modellers and designers spent 90% of their worktime to design dozens and dozens different Rare gear for all 3 races, but noone even enjoys them - 99,9% of players simply dismantles them instantly.

Of all additions the upgrading will be fundamental from perspective of endgame players. Finally there will be some use for Vendor/Factions gear and everyone will be able to make the setouts on his prefered playstyle.

Next level should be the ability to make some basic adjustment to Legendary weapon outsets, because it makes no sense we can travel interplanetary, but I can't change the damn optics on my snipers.

I know that ability to change the actual perks would be too much for RNG narcodrug cartel leaders at Bungie because it would undermine the foundation of their druglording, but maybe that day will come one day as well, hopefully not cheapwhored as rolling at trollmaster Saladine.

my only problem with custom weapons is that people would eventually end up rolling the same builds. everyone wants shotpackage on felwinter's lie and it would only be a matter of time before we saw every sniper out there with unflinching and final round as well.

i think the best work around would be to let the gunsmith reroll our weapons 24/7. limiting it to iron banner sucks. i wasn't keen on any of the weapons, and i didn't have the heart to grind to level 4 for the opportunity to waste all my motes hoping to get a decent roll.

amar212

my only problem with custom weapons is that people would eventually end up rolling the same builds. everyone wants shotpackage on felwinter's lie and it would only be a matter of time before we saw every sniper out there with unflinching and final round as well.

i think the best work around would be to let the gunsmith reroll our weapons 24/7. limiting it to iron banner sucks. i wasn't keen on any of the weapons, and i didn't have the heart to grind to level 4 for the opportunity to waste all my motes hoping to get a decent roll.

Exactly. And Motes ARE the problem, because they are too prescious and there is no guarantee you will get what you want.

I think the best option would be the ability to at least change optics on every type of weapon, while you can deliberately change one perk per weapon.

And for those that want to gamble, yep - Rickrolling all day long. Let those motes burn.

Exactly. And Motes ARE the problem, because they are too prescious and there is no guarantee you will get what you want.

I think the best option would be the ability to at least change optics on every type of weapon, while you can deliberately change one perk per weapon.

And for those that want to gamble, yep - Rickrolling all day long. Let those motes burn.

ah, i understand what you mean by optics now.

yes that would be a good solution. i'd shard a lot less snipers if i could have put shortgaze on them.

Orchid and Suros getting SUROS and Thunderlord from Gorgon's chest, that was fun.

No Thunderlord for me, but it will happen soon. I BELIEVE.

Optics yes. I dunno about changing perks. That just feels...cheap. I would just have outlaw on damn near everything if I had the choice.

it may be that the incipient 2.51 patch knocked your PS4 offline.

edit: beaten.

HM Crota (we have checkpoint if I'm not mistaken)

1. ManxWraith (Simmons)
2. SaucySalsaMan
3. Darryl M R
4. ??
5. ??
6. ??

Swordbearer needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom