• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I've been playing recently is skirmish to prepare for the Trials of Osiris so whenever you are available I'm down for a few games.
Was it you who made fig cry?

i matched fig in skirmish a while back. in her words

"take your sniper and shove it up your ass, twilight"

Rhaegar

I asked this in the other thread.

So VoG gear upgrade? Are we getting upgrades for the current Crota gear? If not then what was the whole point of the Crota raid???

Looks like we are. They showed a Warlock helm from Crota being upgraded.

Edit: Beaten like an auto rifle in Crucible.

ich00

If you steal LTWood12 from me, I'll kill you.

I thought he said he was going to be your 6th today but I might have misread that =D

Actually my thought was that as your team needs replacements, they can be bumped up from the a-team, up to your team, Austin and I being the ones that don't move. Probably the fairest way to do it since it is your team, we're just the alts.

oh, who can run sword?

Austin can do it pretty good on all three characters, and I can give it a go on my hunter.

shermas

If you get an engram as a hunter and put it in your vault, then take it out with a warlock, is it more likely to decript into a warlock class item?

I literally just sharded ally VOG gear a week before the vault patch. Thanks Obama, I mean Bungie.

what? why? even if you had VoG, CE, and Vendor sets for all three classes, you should have been able to hold them on each character? Why did they even need to be in the vault?

stb

I thought he said he was going to be your 6th today but I might have misread that =D

I have him penciled in as our 6th, but we haven't heard from the man himself yet today. Edit: You might be mixing up StereoType and LTWood12 due to their similar avatars. I still do that. StereoType confirmed to be our 5th (we're down 2 guys this week).

Another thing we might do is on Tuesday I can just post 2 teams and the alt list. Team 1 starts at 8:30 and team 2 starts at 9:30, and people can just pick whatever team matches the start time they can make.

This might be easier for everyone going forward, and I bet it settles in to where the same folks are in the same teams almost every week. There just might be a few weeks where someone can't make it, or needs to do the earlier or later group.

-Yes, CE gear will be upgradable as well, they showed it in the trailer.

-To make us appreciate VoG more.

I hope that just letting VoG and CE raid gear both allow Light Level 34 isn't their answer to providing cusomization. Its nice that VoG and CE gear won't be irrelevant, but it still doesn't do much to change the fact we all look the same.

I have no idea how difficult it would be to program, but the vanity slot was a great suggestion.

If you get an engram as a hunter and put it in your vault, then take it out with a warlock, is it more likely to decript into a warlock class item?

It will decrypt as the class doing it 99% of the time. The exceptions are if it upgrades to Legendary or as a TDB Rare.

So I did my 3 NF (just doing it for exotic shards and the exp bonus), and 3 public events today. Looking to do 3 HM Crota kills, need checkpoint.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
what? why? even if you had VoG, CE, and Vendor sets for all three classes, you should have been able to hold them on each character? Why did they even need to be in the vault?

El Stupido. Shardo wanto now regreto.

About to run three Nighfalls. Join up anyone.

ich00

I have him penciled in as our 6th, but we haven't heard from the man himself yet today. Edit: You might be mixing up StereoType and LTWood12 due to their similar avatars. I still do that. StereoType confirmed to be our 5th (we're down 2 guys this week).

Another thing we might do is on Tuesday I can just post 2 teams and the alt list. Team 1 starts at 8:30 and team 2 starts at 9:30, and people can just pick whatever team matches the start time they can make.

This might be easier for everyone going forward, and I bet it settles in to where the same folks are in the same teams almost every week. There just might be a few weeks where someone can't make it, or needs to do the earlier or later group.

I think you may be right, I couldnt find a post.

That's a good idea, I was going to send you a message to see if you wanted to do that next week. Less confusion that way. I don't mind being the lead on the later team, the earlier time can be a little tougher for me anyways, 9:30 is a time I can almost always do.

Good VoG attempt, guys. Explaining how to deal with Atheon can be a bit tricky, especially if three people on the team haven't tried it yet. We'll get him tomorrow.

I'm probably way late to this, but when did they get rid of the cheese spot during the breach section of this NF?

If you're talking about the cliffs section with the 3 waves of vex I believe so. Someone now has to be close to the ghost in order for it to progress.

Namikaze1

I'm probably way late to this, but when did they get rid of the cheese spot during the breach section of this NF?
A lot of us learned this the hard way today. Anyway, they already addressed the issue:
Bungie on Twitter:

"@Bungie: Recent changes to the Winter’s Run Strike are unintentional. We’re looking into it. More on this topic, soon."

What people were calling the "Stealth cheese patch" was actually a bug lolz

Why didnt Bungie just added a Transmog vendor and call it a day, I still think upgrading old gear to match new gear makes no sense and cover them at the same time if the new gear and weapons failed to deliver.

Namikaze1

It occured to me watching that trailer that I've never collected the VoG armors, so I guess now I have to start doing that.
I didn't even get them all the first time. Never got the Hunter helm or the Warlock chest till Januray when all three of my Guardians were already 32.

If I had known then...if only I had known... ;__;

Why didnt Bungie just added a Transmog vendor and call it a day, I still think upgrading old gear to match new gear makes no sense and cover them at the same time if the new gear and weapons failed to deliver.

the replay value of this game will skyrocket tenfold for me if we can transmog.

so much awesome armor in the game but we can't wear any of it once we get passed 20 because it doesn't have light.

really shortsighted decision on their part.

Impala26

If I still need a ton of weapons and gear from BOTH Raids, is it a good idea to try to run normal on all characters THEN hard on all characters for each raid?

I would do this without question, but my only concern is if I have the time to do this.

ocean

Banned
I think it's good to keep both Raids relevant by having them drop highest-tier gun. I mean VoC and the Fang are both awesome and having them both at 365 is cool. Different elements and perks.

Armor is more of an aesthetic choice so transmog would have worked but weapons def. needed a path to keep them relevant at least with Raid drops. Depending on the burn and map you might prefer Praedyth's Revenge to Black Hammer or Word of Crota to Fatebringer. Keeping them at an even attack tier just gives us far more varied and flexible load outs.

Plus, it gives an incentives for old Raid to keep being run. Having only 2 raids, it's important that they both be attractive to the player base so we can find groups for either more easily. VoG has sadly turned into a chest run despite being the absolute best content in the game. This design decision will see more players running the full thing to get the armor set and weapons they may be missing.

the replay value of this game will skyrocket tenfold for me if we can transmog.

so much awesome armor in the game but we can't wear any of it once we get passed 20 because it doesn't have light.

really shortsighted decision on their part.

I think it would drop replay value for me

I like grinding for exclusive gear

CLBridges

I've played about 5 matches of Inferno Control and have seen a legendary drop in each match (none for me...yet). One of the matches someone got Truth, maybe Bungie loosened the chains a bit since no Iron Banner this week had some disappointed...let me be delusional for a moment DGAF lol.

isn't transmog just applying stats of one piece of gear to another?

they could let us apply legendary stats to any piece of gear legendary or lower. you'd still be grinding for gear with good stats, but the difference would be that players would then have the freedom and control over their appearance. customization in this game is a bit of a facade because we all end up wearing the same stuff.

LTWood12

Some times you want to go.....

WHERE EVERYBODY KNOWS YOUR NAAAAAME...

Hey boys! I'm currently in St Louis, and my PS4 is in Little Rock. Got my Vita in tow, but on my 3mbps hotel internet, the remote play is pretty awful. Nothing Id rather do than raid with you guys tonight, but I'll be lucky to just get one nightfall done. In fact, I'm trying to login right now but Vita can't even find it. I'm guessing Internet at the house is down. Ughhh

So, all this means is ill need the help of my gaffers late Thursday evening (the one night I'll be home), or Saturday/Sunday evening to do some raiding.

Stb and Ichi, pencil in a spot for T-44 as I'm sure he'll probably want to do some normal runs. He's even offered to login as yours truly to try and get my warlock the last piece of gear needed (chest armor). If you see me online, it's him playing as me. Any and all scrubby play under my name should be attributed to T-44.

I just spent 7 hours at the St Louis zoo, so I think I'll jump in the pool now. Sitting out reset tuesday is a bummer!

Edit: holy shit there's news today?! Thought it wasn't until tomorrow!

I know Red Death is gonna get nerfed now that people are starting to realize how fucking good it is. I see it more and more in crucible now.

it's pretty good but it still doesn't compete with the exotic hand cannons.

honestly, the last word is probably going to get nerfed and it's a damn shame. it's only a matter of time until their data shows how widespread it is in the upper tiers of play.

it's pretty good but it still doesn't compete with hand cannons.

honestly, the last word is probably going to get nerfed and it's a damn shame.
I even beat hands cannons more often than not. The only one I will straight up lose to is Hawkmoon, and I trade deaths most of the time with The Last Word, which I'm ok with considering that gun will beat damn near anything.

the new upgrading system would be hilarious if it matches raid gear stats.

Transmog in other hand would only modificy your appearance without altering the gear stats you are wearing if you get bored of seeing your guardian with the same looks like any other raid player.

the new upgrading system would be hilarious if it matches raid gear stats.

yeah thats what I'm afraid of .. i misunderstood the whole transmog thing

i mean i would still grind for it of course .. kind of like iron banner gear.. but it would feel less rewarding i guess

i guess since there is no raid theres no need for raid gear to get you to a higher light level? it would just be cosmetic .. maybe do more damage against fallen enemies perks or w/e

ocean

Banned
Multiple paths to 34 sounds perfect. VoG, CE, PoE, ToS and maybe even IB gear leading to cap offers rewarding gear paths for players of all preferences. Whether you focus on Raids, Horde or whatever PoE is, 6v6 or 3v3 You're not locked out of the endgame.

I like the direction the game is heading in.

Honestly, I think that they should either drop the light level from armor and make horizontal leveled gear. As in, you want raid gear not because of the light level they provide, but because of the bonuses. I've talked about it before, as in having sorta 'Raid sets' where you gain bonus effects that change the way you play. This solves 2 things-

1. Having not a vertical progress, where you go from point A(Vanguard/VoG armor) to point B(CE Armor). It becomes a horizontal path-Where you have multiple selections of differing armor(And I'm not talking about 'X Ammo +' or 'Gain health per orb'.)
2.Suddenly running old raids becomes more wanted. You end up WANTING to get that set of gear for a bonus. Increases the amount of people wanting to play for a set, and increases the amount of sales for the expansion packs because maybe people WANT to see that effect in action.

Someone linked earlier an idea I had, and I had another right now, to give an example of how this would work-
Warlock Crotas End Raid set-Void Class-'Lethargy's Touch':You can no longer cast Nova Bomb, instead you gain 'Darkness', for a limited amount of time Void Tendrils spawn on your back, lashing out to nearby enemies, dealing melee damage and proccing 'Energy Drain.'
Flavor Text-"The Darkness has touched you, and you belong to Him now, Guardian.'
(Think of it looking like Radiance, but with void tendrils)

Sunsinger Class-'Flame of the Abyss'-Your Sunsinger no longer decreases your Cooldowns. Whenever you Melee, you shoot a fire ball directly in front of you, exploding in a small radius for double your melee damage.
Flavor Text-"The Abyss belongs to Darkness, but even a fury of light will penetrate It and open a path for you."

Heck, if they have different abilities for the different subclasses, they can even recolor armor and I don't think anybody would blink, because the amount of gameplay it opens up. Granted this would take some heavy programming to make this work, but the results and I feel positive feedback would be worth it, and suddenly you have people talking about how they found a set that does this or that, and other people start becoming interested and buying the expansion packs because they actually offer different ways to play. Suddenly it's not just finding another weapon that does the same thing with slightly different flavor, it's about finding a way you want to play.

And that is what this game needs. What people want from an expansion is a new way to play. It's something completely different. And I feel that with TDB, that wasn't accomplished. You just got more filler story missions with no importance, and the exotics introduced weren't all that great. Hell, the fact that Black Hammer will likely be the best in slot for Sniper Rifles says alot. The fact that Fatebringer will remain the best revolver, says alot. What they have to do is not invalidate these weapons by nerfing them, but by introducing options that makes you second guess your continued use of these weapons. The same with armor-It's currently bland to get new armor that just gives a certain type of ammo or increases reload/melee speed. Nobody wants to pay for an expansion in order to get something like that. They want something different, something new.

/rant over.

i don't think they should let you transmog raid gear or exotics. i think the point with those armors is that they're special and have exclusive abilities.

everything else is fair game though, and they should not restrict the light level to raid or exotic weapons. rather, there should have been a vendor or upgrade path to increases light level for each piece of gear. so players would wear what they want and seek out the rare stuff for their unique abilities. "a temporary boost to reload speed when oversoul's gaze is active" is useless for 99% of the game, but i have to wear it to get me to 32.

shortsighted design right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom