• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bloodborne is finished. Had a lot less to go than I thought. Amazing game all around. Still need to do Chalice dungeons though, have yet to even enter one.

Bungie better deliver tomorrow, I am ready to get back on the Destiny Hype train now that BB is out of the way.

Witcher 3 tho...

milkham

Wow I just discovered the goodness that is DGaf. I wish I gave this a try way earlier!

welcome

cW689QX.gif

Wow I just discovered the goodness that is DGaf. I wish I gave this a try way earlier!

Hello, here's your free Truth, the BEST Rocket launcher in the game. Don't listen to anyone else who says anything. It's been a long running joke that the Gjallahorn is the best, but it's not. The Truth is.

Stacey

Banned
Hello, here's your free Truth, the BEST Rocket launcher in the game. Don't listen to anyone else who says anything. It's been a long running joke that the Gjallahorn is the best, but it's not. The Truth is.

If the Ghorn nerf is the truth then the truth about the truth is probably the truth.

Anyone have a gorgon cp i can grab?

Just did a vog with a lfg team seriously they get annoying.they did this whole bit about switching toons to do templar again then after they quit joking i switched back after wasting like 15 min and lo and behold they got past gorgon chest and i missed it.

Still need gorgons?

Bradach

I got a Thunderlord from a NF last night.

I was excited because there's been a lot of good talk in here about it but I can really see from the perks what makes it so great?

Is there a particular scenario when it really shines?

Thanks. This has been the best reset day evar.

All exotic chances done with the exception of hm crota i hauled

2X mida
1X viodfang v
2x ghorn
1x nlb
2x vex
1X hawkmoon

I think im done here

If xur brings apotheosis viel, ruin wings, and ats8. My exotic hunt is complete.

I've done all exotic chances, too, except HM Crota. I hauled 2 dupes:

• Vex
• Dragon's Breath

Both are now shards. Maybe I can have your week next week???

I was excited because there's been a lot of good talk in here about it but I can really see from the perks what makes it so great?

I have 3, don't really ever use them.
They're really good, but I usually use my against all odds instead to use an exotic elsewhere.

down 2 orth

I see you know the Truth because you speak it!

I don't have a Gjallahorn

Have you unlocked the perks yet? Take a full clip and just hold R2. After you pick your jaw up off the floor, pay attention to the hidden perk that causes lightning charges to explode on enemies and chain together like an electric Firefly.

For a real good time, give it a spin in an Arc burn.

GutZ31

Don't you know the best weapon in the game is the 52 - TunaAR 22?
daily-morning-awesomeness-40-photos-384.gif

gunawi

Thanks. This has been the best reset day evar.

All exotic chances done with the exception of hm crota i hauled

2X mida
1X viodfang v
2x ghorn
1x nlb
2x vex
1X hawkmoon

I think im done here

If xur brings apotheosis viel, ruin wings, and ats8. My exotic hunt is complete.

My luck hasn't been too bad either.
So far I've gotten:
Suros, Patience and Time, Ice Breaker (nightfall)
mida, dragon's breath, Gjallarhorn (Normal DS and Crota)

All dupes of course since I have all exotic weapons already.

Still have hard Gorgon, hard crota and Atheons to go.

I was doing the nightfall x3 with friends last night, the first go he dies quickly under a hail of Gjallahorns and just before the rewards i disconnect.

The second go, he dies under a hail of Gjallahorns and i disconnect before the rewards.

The third go, he dies under a hail of Gjallahorns and i get a second Gjallahorn.

You have to laugh.

Bradach

PvP and Arc Burns. Or so I'm told by people that have it.
sorry for bring it up :(

I have 3, don't really ever use them.
They're really good, but I usually use my against all odds instead to use an exotic elsewhere.
This is what I was thinking initially until I read the below

Have you unlocked the perks yet? Take a full clip and just hold R2. After you pick your jaw up off the floor, pay attention to the hidden perk that causes lightning charges to explode on enemies and chain together like an electric Firefly.

For a real good time, give it a spin in an Arc burn.

Ok, that does sound good! I'll get cracking on upgrading it.

MaxiLive

Hi DGaf sorry to invade your gaming goodness. I've just got a few queries about Destiny as I haven't played it for a good number of months!

With the new DLC coming out do we know if you have to be level 32+ to access it? I'm guessing the story content will be open but the social areas/new modes will probably be locked?

Is the game balanced as such where you can play with one character and still progress at a reasonable pace? By that I mean have enough resources to be able to upgrade a couple of items/buy new ones over the weekend. After lurking around this thread it seems like most player play with 3 characters just to have a chance of getting drops or the resources for upgrades.

And finally how easy have the raids become now due to over levelling plus are the still cheesed most of the time for quick drops?

HMD

3 weeks in a row not a single exotic gun drop... then No Land Beyond dropped from my 3rd Crota's End hard run, and I think I'm quitting this game until the DLC drops.

Edit: Oh yeah I forgot to mention that I still don't have a black hammer, and I was sharded on every single encounter on two of my CE normal runs :)

Kukawaki

Is the game balanced as such where you can play with one character and still progress at a reasonable pace? By that I mean have enough resources to be able to upgrade a couple of items/buy new ones over the weekend. After lurking around this thread it seems like most player play with 3 characters just to have a chance of getting drops or the resources for upgrades.

I've never had an alt and I'm doing fine :)

Hi DGaf sorry to invade your gaming goodness. I've just got a few queries about Destiny as I haven't played it for a good number of months!

With the new DLC coming out do we know if you have to be level 32+ to access it? I'm guessing the story content will be open but the social areas/new modes will probably be locked?

And finally how easy have the raids become now due to over levelling plus are the still cheesed most of the time for quick drops?

You have come to the right place for questions! I'll try to answer them.

1. I don't think we know if you have to be lvl 32. I assume that at least the story content and social space is open for everyone that has the DLC.
A suggestion: follow the Bungie stream later today, where they will reveal some HoW details, like leveling legendary/exotic weapons and the new social space.

2. I know a few people with only one character and they're doing fine. Ofcourse it will take you a little bit longer to max out and acquire all your stuff.

3. The raids have become easier, but not because of overlevelling (damage scaling), but because of general strategies and experience.
Personally, I'd like to do the parts of the raids legit, but depending on time or glitches, cheesing might still be an option.

MaxiLive

You have come to the right place for questions! I'll try to answer them.

1. I don't think we know if you have to be lvl 32. I assume that at least the story content and social space is open for everyone that has the DLC.
A suggestion: follow the Bungie stream later today, where they will reveal some HoW details, like leveling legendary/exotic weapons and the new social space.

2. I know a few people with only one character and they're doing fine. Ofcourse it will take you a little bit longer to max out and acquire all your stuff.

3. The raids have become easier, but not because of overlevelling (damage scaling), but because of general strategies and experience.
Personally, I'd like to do the parts of the raids legit, but depending on time or glitches, cheesing might still be an option.

I've never had an alt and I'm doing fine :)

Thanks guys :) That is good to hear I never really enjoyed the prospect of having an alt and when the last DLC hit which reset all the gear it seemed like it would take months to get back to a reasonable power point with one character due to the currency limitations and the amount that could be upgraded each week.

I'll check out the Stream today to see how the new pack is shaping up! I'm not sure if I should subscribe to PSN+ again when the DLC hits, I would like to see the content I'm not sure if I can spare the time to go through the grind again to get up to level :( I prefer to do raids correctly and such and never actually completed the new one!

Carn82

NF blessed me with a new Cryptdweller SR1; I love that thing. I also have a 300 one with slightly better perks; hopefully HoW will let me upgrade it ;o It's basically a legendary MIDA ;o

List has been stagnant for a time, so time for a repost!

OzIKcNz.jpg

Xbox One players, looking for a home? Look no further! Join Bad to the Xbone. Also be sure to add your information to our handy spreadsheet. Quote this post to see the link.

It is the end of an era as I finally got the Black Hammer last night so no more #forevernoblackhammer for me!

Only carrots I have left are Thunderlord and Truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom