• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waldini

What happened to that guy who said that "GJALLARHORN WILL BECOME IRRELEVANT WITH HOW!" ...

Did that ever get proven or was that guy talking out of his ass?

Bradach

I hope Bungie makes it easier to start a new class. I kinda want a Titan, but there is just way too much hassle to it.

How about paying commendations for levels :p

Seriously though, there's no real need to make someone go through all that levelling / story for alts. there should be a multiple stage bounty like the Eris Urn, something that takes a few hours to complete and lets you learn the new skills but you end up at lvl 20 by the end of it.

Waldini

He deleted his account. So it's like it never happened.

He fucked off when people asked for evidence.

So ... /clickbait huh?

O well. Still hoping for that Exotic Arc Rocket Launcher someday. Fire and rockets split up, attack themself to your enemies and zaps the shit out of them. Wolfpack v2.0

Who am I kidding, that will never happen.

Has there been any decent "digging / data mining" since the patch dropped? The big one I mean? Curious to see if they found anything new.

Deku Tree

Did no one play or follow the Halo 2 development fiasco? Why do people still think that Bungie revealing things at E3 that don't end up in the final game is something that Bungie never did prior to Destiny and Activision?

Waldini

Did no one play or follow the Halo 2 development fiasco? Why do people still think that Bungie revealing things at E3 that don't end up in the final game is something that Bungie never did prior to Destiny and Activision?

We've seen the "Reef" appear in a video-documentation 2 years ago. 2-fucking-years ago.

I have a hunch that Destiny was never ment to be released on X360 or PS3. Makes you wonder (if they made the choice to release on XBONE/PS4 only) if Europa, Old Chicago, the Reef, Neptune and Jupiter were playable locations from the start.

The Comet Expansion is the one thing I'm really looking forward too. If the content they add is as big as DLC1 and DLC2 combined I might just quit Destiny. This game really needs a BIG content boost.

/end rant

Back to "work"

Lnkn52

We've seen the "Reef" appear in a video-documentation 2 years ago. 2-fucking-years ago.

I have a hunch that Destiny was never ment to be released on X360 or PS3. Makes you wonder (if they made the choice to release on XBONE/PS4 only) if Europa, Old Chicago, , the Reef, Neptune and Jupiter were playable locations from the start.

I hope they are documenting the whole development process of this game. It will be an interesting read/view.

O, sorry. Forget to add that I STILL have almost every VoG weapon. My bad! Still missing the Praetorian Foil. I only got rid of the armor pieces. Got rid of them because I assumed they had no further use. I loved the look of the armor though. Crota End gear is ... *yuck*

The Abyss + Fatebringer = cake.

The Fang of Ir Yut is an excellent weapon. I just wished it was full-auto. Hurts my finger after a while. Can't beat Vision of Confluence, thats for sure.

Can't wait to see how the PoE gear looks like. The Fallen look high-tech enough and their armor looks streamlined. Whereas Crota's Armor looks raw and bulky.

Can't wait to put that Retarted-Titan-Helm back in the Vault. God, the uglyness is real on that one.
Gotcha. I've kept mine mainly because I have room and certainly don't need to scavenge anything for materials. Still need gloves for 2 characters, and I need a full set for my recently created Hunter. Love the way that gear looks, especially the Warlock setup. Just my style of space-y coolness.

Daemul

I have a hunch that Destiny was never ment to be released on X360 or PS3. Makes you wonder (if they made the choice to release on XBONE/PS4 only) if Europa, Old Chicago, , the Reef, Neptune and Jupiter were playable locations from the start.

Don't you have that the other way round? The game was being developed for the PS360 long before the next gen consoles were announced, unless Bungie were planning on only releasing it for PC or something.

Bloodborne is finished. Had a lot less to go than I thought. Amazing game all around. Still need to do Chalice dungeons though, have yet to even enter one.

Awesome, congrats! I haven't fired up BB for a while now but definitely getting the hankering to dive back into some of the really high level randomized Chalice dungeons.

Sadly I wish there was more encouragement in-game to start exploring them early, seems like most me (myself included) waited until after their main game playthrough. Anything at Depths 1-3 is going to be very trivial and they can start to feel samey or boring but stick with them and there's some great stuff deeper down imo.

The hunt for hawkmoon completed

Huzzah! Congrats Rob!

Homeboyd

Has there been any decent "digging / data mining" since the patch dropped? The big one I mean? Curious to see if they found anything new.
Not really. Megamanexe from reddit, the most trusted of the dataminers, says a lot of the stuff they were able to extract before has been patched and is much more difficult to see. Since the patch, he's stopped making threads about hidden content.

2 other users have continued on reddit, u/asatehspider1 and u/emozio666. Spider correctly predicted TLW at Xur last week and the nightfall this week (though he was wrong about burns) (we'll see about next week where he says it's
Omnigul
). He also predicted last week's Sepiks nightfall as well (w/ the right burn). Emozio correctly predicted this NF/weekly (w/ the right burns) and also says
Omnigul
next week. So it appears some data is still accessible.

Spider pulled a bunch of info about HoW but has since deleted it. Not sure if it's because it's BS or because someone made him. It doesn't appear he deleted his account though... still says he will post proof. He claims the data he pulled on HoW was placeholder.

E92 M3

How about paying commendations for levels :p

Seriously though, there's no real need to make someone go through all that levelling / story for alts. there should be a multiple stage bounty like the Eris Urn, something that takes a few hours to complete and lets you learn the new skills but you end up at lvl 20 by the end of it.

I'd pay 10 bucks to have a fully leveled titan with all subclasses haha.

Rhaegar

Running HM Crota last night with an LFGERS group was like the ultimate endurance test. Smooth going until Crota, then spent 2-3 hours trying to down him. First hour spent on finding a lag-free connection followed by a great run where our swordbearer mistimed the enrage, then a few promising runs wasted as the 2nd Ogre kites towards a lvl 31 that wanted to hang back in the crystal room. We lost a teammate who needed to get up early for work as we kept playing into the wee hours, too stubborn to accept defeat.

Finally we put together the perfect run. As I saw the Crux of Crota blaze onto my screen I let out an exclamation of relief. The final drop I needed from HM finally mine, I knew I would never have to run HM again. Thank God.

Haybro

I was on a roll with the trash-tier exotic drops last night. I got hardlight, monte carlo, and nlb.

Though I did get Thunderlord #2 from Gorgons, sorry Driz and Dave

As for today's stream, I think I'm most excited to see how the new economy works.

E92 M3

ich00

No.
if it wasn't for my clan and people that I play the game with I never would have stuck around in Destiny for as long as I have. The content just isn't there.

Isn't this though why most people still play, because they play with friends, clanmates, etc? Maybe I don't get it because I didn't know a ton about the game prior to the alpha and I'm not a huge Halo fan, with lofty expectations. I played the alpha and beta, enjoyed them both and pre-ordered the game after playing through those. I wasn't so worried about "story" as a fun game, and I got that.

I guess my point is if someone spends 100's of hours in a game, and still feels like they are owed more, then why did they spend all that time in the first place? That's what I can't wrap my head around.

last night was quite the night for exotics:

• Patience and Time from CE
  • Skull of Dire Ahamkara from NF
  • Armamentarium from NF

Had them all unfortunately, but damn what a haul in a couple of hours. Also got The Chance from a NF (bad roll, sharded) and a 2nd Black Hammer from CE which I will happily keep for my Hunter.

Also interesting that in 2 of the 3 Nightfalls that I was a part of, everyone got an exotic drop.

what was the bounty where we went into rumble and killed each other?

i think it was one of the queen's bounties for hand cannon kills

that's all you have to do for thorn. it's not exactly the most riveting way to complete it, but it doesn't take too long.

On Xbone haha

i have an xbox one

$10 for 10-20 hours of power leveling... so fifty cents to $1 per hour is the most you would pay for power leveling?

These folks charge more than that.

everybody's hustling

I don't get the outrage over Reef screenshots from 2013. How is this news to anyone? For casual players, ok, I guess I can see why this is surprising, but I have higher expectations from more serious players who follow a game. It shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that TDB and HoW content was lurking in the original game files or was in a near complete stage prior to release. We have had those discussions since day 1 when the game released and certain areas we could glitch into from the Alpha/Beta didn't make the final cut. Its like they are just making any excuse to whine again.

Good question. And it's always the usual suspects, who have to tell everyone how bad Destiny is. I mostly wonder why the feel like they need to waste their time on it.

That's my main issue: it seems very clear that we won't understand each other well when trying to communicate. Nothing wrong with that, different people can and will feel differently but I don't see much upside in pretending otherwise (i.e. trying to convince people to feel differently).

It's a just a bit hard sometimes to lay back and watch people bash something we love and are passionate about :/ You feel the need to defend it

Makes a lot of sense. Honestly that's why I don't bother posting there, I fully realize my experiences with Destiny are out of the norm, so to speak. So many people want raid MM because they don't have 6 people to play with, whereas I'm super bummed about PoE primarily because it's only 3-man (for now anyway) and I have waaaay too many people I want to play with...

I guess our reset raids can still be groups of 6 but a lot more "2 teams of 3 ala NFall and WHS." Even with more incentive to run VoG, which is great, it's just not the same.

GlamFM is in full defense force mode over there. Too many DGAf members have gotten banned in Destiny bashing gaming threads. Your right there is no point.

I noticed hydruxxo was banned recently, but have no idea if it was Destiny related at all.

Some posters in the Gaming thread really like the game but I've never seen them post here. Hopefully more Gaffers feel welcome to come hang out and chat about all the things we love and hate without it degenerating into Us vs. Them, Fanboys vs. Haters.

Destiny is by far my most played game of all time and also one of my favorite games, period. But at the same time I'm probably the most outspoken Scrota critic on NeoGaf. Destiny has such extreme highs and lows but that nuance is hard to talk about when people are expected to take extreme positions, "for us or against us" kinda thing.

Destiny is the only game I'v ever spent over 300hrs playing.

I'm sure there's others that have easy eclipsed that. But damn that's a lot. v_v
the only games that come close to touching my hours played number in Destiny are Skyrim and Mass Effect 3 (only because i replayed and replayed to see what happened when i made different choices)

i hated it and played it a bunch too. actually broke the disc twice because of how frustrating it was.

and then when i picked up MCC last year i realized i was a reach kid all along.
After playing Halo 2 again from MCC. I realized it sucks. And it was only nostalgia keeping it in favor.

Also Hawkmoon sucks, but looks amazing.

Impala26

Destiny is the only game I'v ever spent over 300hrs playing.

I'm sure there's others that have easy eclipsed that. But damn that's a lot. v_v

image.php

I mean I assume another might be front and center on your icon...

I myself logged over 999+ hours playing Pokémon X apparently according to the game same file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom