• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTFY

dude, I remember when you finally got HM scrota off your back. that weekend you and team Epix Sax spend half a day playing the epic sax song and grabbing all the gaffers who havnt finished it yet. seems like you were about to give up and then became the go to guy. as horrivble as HM scota is, it gave you a new lease on life.

lol thanks buddy. I'm glad someone remembers something positive. All I remember is the rage.

HM Scrota Pro Tips: Don't do this stuff-

Sword Bagger!
B-y9lY_WwAIRe13.jpg:large

Twins!

edit: oh snaps, to the ps4 hard drive I go...

Greetings from Majula!
What thread is this?

Team-BHam-1-Portal-Kill
TeamBallerHorn-4-Life

Toasty Wins! Episode 3
RIP Toasty

As much as I LOVE the Hawkmoon, the thorn is just so damn good in crucible. Very consistent kills, and that poison DoT is just great :D

*edit*

Rob got a Hawkmoon? Congrats dude :D

I dunno. I prefer thorn over hawk in pvp.
The hand cannon nerf hurt the Hawkmoon way more than the Thorn because the Thorn kept the same DOT. Before the nerf, the Hawkmoon seemed to kill more consistently at range for me. Now I rely on the the Thorn's DOT to do that for me.

Haybro

Last night's raid report, "Where the Fuck did Everyone Go" edition:

Always a fun group. I ended up with two hunger of crota's, I wonder if Grip finally got his.

Also, can you actually kill Crota when he drops down from that platform? I've seen him do it a couple of times now.

Homeboyd

I'm still down for some VOG action tonight. Prefer Templar, but would jump in on Atheon as well.
Do you have an oracles or templar CP? We already ran both x3 yesterday so we don't have the CP anymore. Some other guys in the xbone group need oracles/templar though so we can run it again if someone can find a CP.

Bungie should give me back all my VoG armor that I sharded fully leveled at 30 light.

1) They made it obsolete.
2) Deej told us that Bungie planned to "lock in time" all Vault of Glass gear
3) my storage space was so small that I had no place to put this old and obsolete gear.
4) re-grinding sucks because the drop rates in VoG are abysmally low.
5) re-grinding means I would also have to re-level which sucks too

And now yesterday and today apparently we find out that you can be level 34 with Vault of Glass Armor contradicting what they previously told us.

If you hadn't been storing all those gjallarhorns you would have had plenty of space for VoG stuff :p

If you hadn't been storing all those gjallarhorns you would have had plenty of space for VoG stuff :p

Come on now, armor and weapons had different slots :p

Also, i'm a little out the loop, how do we upgrade vog stuff? What about scrota's stuff, can that be upgraded as-well?

Deku Tree

basic rule of MMORPGs

destroy dupes and low quality items, but never anything rare or otherwise difficult to get back.

But you destroyed all your characters?

Seriously but Bungie makes that rule hard to follow by constraining your total storage space to such an abysmally low vault space and character storage space.

Rhaegar

Do you have an oracles or templar CP? We already ran both x3 yesterday so we don't have the CP anymore. Some other guys in the xbone group need oracles/templar though so we can run it again if someone can find a CP.

Nope. Just have the Gorgon checkpoint (thanks Blue!)

Deku Tree

Same here. But why destroy VoG armor? No way you can run out of space to store armor, even if you keep dupes of raid armor.

Back then I was running multiple warlocks and keeping armor in the vault so actually my armor vault space was full lolz.

Yup if you run one of each class then you keep your armor on your toons and your armor vault is empty, that's what mine is like now.

noomi

Soon enough we'll all be chasing new gear from Prison of Elders. I myself cannot wait to have another carrot on the stick to go after :D

ocean

Banned
But you destroyed all your characters?

Seriously but Bungie makes that rule hard to follow by constraining your total storage space to such an abysmally low vault space and character storage space.
I don't store any armor in the Vault though. There is enough space on each character to have every Exotic armor piece + both Raid sets. Unless you also wanna keep random Vendor or blue armors I don't see how space is an issue.

Dave_6

Last night's raid report, "Where the Fuck did Everyone Go" edition:

Fun stuff as usual! For some reason I thought it was you that finally got Hawkmoon from Atheon (I'm sorry). His voice kinda sounded like yours IMO. Anyways, glad a couple folks got what they've been wanting.

Me and Verde ran a NF afterwards and got nothing of note. I did get a TDYD with Field Scout and Outlaw so that will be a keeper at least.

It possibly took me too long to add those page top pics since we had 35 posts by the time I was done. Thread is moving. o_O

Credit where credit is due: at least female Guardians have the same armor coverage as males. No bikini armor sets.

^That character design makes my eyes bleed. Anyone see the Jimquisition about "Batman is everything wrong with Square Enix"

Belts and loops and buttons and belts and belts...

Live stream is at 3:00pm EST today?

Can't wait! I will be back online tonight for the first time in over a month or more.

Anyone want to do Nightfalls and such?

Haybro

As a former pre-TDB #forever29, it'll be nice to actually be able to wear the VOG hunter helmet without a light level penalty.

Deku Tree

No such thing as invaders here. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to post! As for your questions:

-Nobody knows yet, but the Bungie stream at 2pm EST should answer some questions. I have to assume the new social areas will be mostly or completely open regardless of level. Pure speculation though.

-Absolutely balanced for one character. Many people have a happy, healthy Destiny relationship with that one special someone. Like you said, your drop chances will be limited but so will your expenses for leveling up gear.

-Common misconception about Destiny's Light Leveling system is that it's comparable to a traditional RPG where over-leveling is possible. In Destiny, your weapon damage does not increase whatsoever if your character's level is higher than the enemies level (e.g. going from Lv30 to Lv31 will not do more damage vs. Lv30 enemies). Only higher Attack rated weapons do more damage, e.g. a 331 Atk GHorn does more damage to all enemies than a 300 Atk GHorn.

Increasing light level will slightly reduce the incoming damage you take but only because of the higher Defense ratings on higher Light armor. Not a huge difference. On the flip side, being a single level below the enemies gives a huge ~32% penalty to both damage dealt and received. So reaching the same level as enemies in a raid makes an enormous difference but going above their level is negligibly important.

Light leveling might be the worst RPG-leveling system I've played. Aggressively counter-intuitive.

Why do you think it's so bad? It helps replayability of the endgame content that you can't be majorly over leveled. Yes it's weirdly counterintuitive that your light level is related to gun damage... But what would be a better leveling system for an RPG shooter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom