• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Mythoclast "frozen in time"?

Deej - "You know what they say about something that's frozen. It can be warmed up."

Reminder: Whenever Deej says something take it with a pinch of salt.

Izuna

Banned
Charge Rocket Launcher that is a Secondary

Can switch two elements

No cluster or homing, but an all new perk that slows enemies

mamoui

Not sure what you guys are alluding to. I think we're not connecting. New exotics since TDB has a base attack of 302, max of 331. You can't jump to 331 without filling out the bubbles with XP. You can upgrade from an OLD pre-TDB exotic with a base attack of 274, max of 300 to the new post-TDB exotic though.

In the new HoW, I don't think there are NEW post-HoW exotics with a new base attack. If you look at DeeJ's "given" Ballerhorn, it has the OLD pre-TDB 274 base attack. OTOH the new vendor HoW legendaries starts at 331 from all the screens I saw.

What i understood is the upgrade doesn't change the bubbles of your exotic. It will just change the scale of it. If you had a 302-331 gjallarhorn halfway upgraded, you will end up with a xxx-365 gjallarhorn halfway upgraded. I might be wrong of course.

Wow, the changes for mats and reforging are all amazing. This actually means the daily won't be so useless anymore.

Really, really wish I hadn't dismantled my Shadow Price now though...

Same here my shadow price with field scout would be pretty nice, even though I'll probably just be using a 365 VOC once upgraded.

noomi

I wonder if it's possible to upgrade a partially leveled weapon.... and if so, would it just leave off whatever progress you leveled to...

WipedOut

So we have to spend money to convert our energy to shards then shards to glimmer?

So basically we get 200 glimmer for energy?

So day one:

43 Exotics - 1500 - 64,500 Glimmer
53 Legendary Items (How much to upgrade Legendary?)

So far -
604 - A Energy
588 - A Shards
133 - R Energy
101 - R Shards
51 Exotic Shards

I think I'm ready except the whole needing 53 Etheric Light thingys

M3Rocket

What i understood is the upgrade doesn't change the bubbles of your exotic. It will just change the scale of it. If you had a 302-331 gjallarhorn halfway upgraded, you will end up with a xxx-365 gjallarhorn halfway upgraded. I might be wrong of course.

Ahhh! That makes sense. That way, you won't get an Exotic post-HoW and immediately be handicapped at 302 compared to 331 base attack on the new Legendaries.

Same here my shadow price with field scout would be pretty nice, even though I'll probably just be using a 365 VOC once upgraded.

they probably made the new weopons so badass that we will never think of our VOG ones again. kind of the opposite of TDB where every gun seemed weaker than thier vanilla counterpart. so its another troll by bungie.

You want a 365 FB, here ya go.
BTW did you see this new handcannon that shoots a cone of fire and this pulse rifle where every 3rd hit is a crit regardless.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Destiny can only get better. Haters can only get more salty.

I'm up for VOG hard x3. Still need gorgons.
3x weekly.
3x hard Crota.

Deku Tree

No. There was another glimmer package that he didn't hover over. Likely for energy. So 250 per shard or 250 per energy.

I thought it was 250 for Ascendant Shards and 250 for Radiant Shards and nothing for energy without doing the conversion from energy to shards but IDK.

The Bubble he hovered over only said Ascendant Shards. Did not say Radiant Shards.

EDIT: Yup I was right: http://planetdestiny.com/complete-reef-reveal-recap/

preach

tumblr_m873scAtQ41qegw8v.gif

I'm up for VOG hard x3. Still need gorgons.
3x weekly.
3x hard Crota.

I need to do 3x hard crota, but I won't be able to get on until 4 more hours :(. If you haven't found a group by then please let me know.

Deku Tree

Am I still going to be able to buy Exotic Engrams for Motes?

I want to know what stuff Xur is going to sell now...

I guess I don't really need them anymore anyway... since I can just upgrade my existing exotics with an exotic shard etc without Xur...

Am I still going to be able to buy Exotic Engrams for Motes?

I want to know what stuff Xur is going to sell now...

I guess I don't really need them anymore anyway... since I can just upgrade my existing exotics with an exotic shard etc without Xur...

I'll be fairly upset if they took out exotic engrams for motes. I wouldn't have had some of my armor now if it weren't for that and that'd be a crying shame.

It was the only gambling system I took a part in frequently. Reforge a couple IB weapons on 2 occasions but not nearly as much as Xur engrams. They were my main purpose for motes.
Making economy mats easier to obtain and taking away use for them would be 2 steps forward and 3 steps back, imo.

I'll be fairly upset if they took out exotic engrams for motes. I wouldn't have had some of my armor now if it weren't for that and that'd be a crying shame.

It was the only gambling system I took a part in frequently. Reforge a couple IB weapons on 2 occasions but not nearly as much as Xur engrams. They were my main purpose for motes.
Making economy mats easier to obtain and taking away use for them would be 2 steps forward and 3 steps back, imo.

I doubt they'd take that away. They already took away Telegrams from him and gave them to the gunsmith, they took away 'trading in' from him, if anything it sounds like they're going to give him more things(DeeJ was all mysterious about him when asked about where he would be)

I wanted to just post a quick thanks to everyone on the alt-team(and those who were not) that raided last night:

1) ich00 (ichabod00
2) austinjohnson34 (ich00's friend)
3) T-44 aka LTWood12 (gogon & crota only)
4) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) (gogon & crota only)
5) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337)
6) Rayuma

7) ShikiAoi (full VoG Run)
8) eljohnnyblaze (full VoG Run)

9)happypanda999 (2x's Atheon kills)
10)thenal84 (2x's Atheon kills)

I think it RNG rained exotics on us (Universal Remotes, Thunderlord, Red Deaths, Ice Breaker, Vexs, maybe more?) and wasn't picky on where it gave them at. Happypanda got his first 2 Atheon kills, and was super excited about the sparrow he got, which was really awesome to hear, it got me excited for him. Austin, not only was a sword ninja, but got his first 3 Vexs. T-44 playing as LT got the ever elusive chest piece that he needed. All and all a good run and I think everyone got something the needed / wanted.
thanks for organizing! GG all!

I stopped buying engrams when I bought five chests one day and got
4x crest of the alpha lupi, 1x lucky rasberry

my motes are now used to buy stupid things from the speaker

Now that I can exchange Shards for Motes I kinda wish I hadn't scrapped my Ascendant Shards from Nightfalls for the past few weeks. C'mon Nightfalls, lemme stockpile!

I stopped buying engrams when I bought five chests one day and got
4x crest of the alpha lupi, 1x lucky rasberry

my motes are now used to buy stupid things from the speaker

I know how that feels. 3/4 helm engrams during TDW week 1 was Knucklehead radar. Since then I've gotten better stuff :p

Deku Tree

Do we know what the PoE level will be?

If vendor gear takes us to 34, I'm guessing PoE/ToO gears will be up to 35?

There was a dataminer who has been right about Xur inventory in the past who claimed that it will be

level 31 normal mode
level 33 hard mode
level 35 skill mode

but no proof or confirmation

Deku Tree

I just realized something. Allowing you to easily upgrade old VoG gear to the max light level is not about inviting those of us who are playing now to re-grind VoG.

It's about inviting players who skipped TDB to jump back in and give them a path to the new level cap without also pissing off current players by making vendor gear better than current raid gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom