• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylineRKR

Hmm, don't care for HoW. Perhaps if PvP maps are all integrated into one Control playlist I might cave for just the map pack.

But the trading sounds okay. I only boot up Destiny for IB nowadays and with this system, 2 mats for 1 Mote means I have at least some 400 motes of Light to burn through.

I think I sharded my field scout shadow price ages ago though, heh. But stopped using AR anyway. Might still have it though... have to check.

Hmm, don't care for HoW. Perhaps if PvP maps are all integrated into one Control playlist I might cave for just the map pack.

But the trading sounds okay. I only boot up Destiny for IB nowadays and with this system, 2 mats for 1 Mote means I have at least some 400 motes of Light to burn through.
This obviously isn't halo, but back in the day Bungie would integrate the second most recent map pack into the regular playlists, while the most recent map packs had their own playlist.

So I'm optimistic that the maps we got from Dark Below will integrate into the norm and we'll probably see HoW maps with their own set.

E92 M3

I still don't like how Deej talks - it's like a constant PR mixed with stroking Destiny's lore shaft. It seems robotic. Sometimes I think Activision hired Deej.

Zoidberg

I still don't like how Deej talks - it's like a constant PR mixed with stroking Destiny's lore shaft. It seems robotic. Sometimes I think Activision hired Deej.

Yeah he's good at brushing questions off. I just noticed when they got to the bounty guy, Goliathan asked outright if there were new bounties being added and they ended up on some tangent about the Petra and completely avoided answering the question. He talks like a politician sometimes..

I just realized something. Allowing you to easily upgrade old VoG gear to the max light level is not about inviting those of us who are playing now to re-grind VoG.

It's about inviting players who skipped TDB to jump back in and give them a path to the new level cap without also pissing off current players by making vendor gear better than current raid gear.
keanuWOAH.gif

SkylineRKR

I just realized something. Allowing you to easily upgrade old VoG gear to the max light level is not about inviting those of us who are playing now to re-grind VoG.

It's about inviting players who skipped TDB to jump back in and give them a path to the new level cap without also pissing off current players by making vendor gear better than current raid gear.

So my Hunter can run in a full Vex set + Thunderdevil again like old times sake. Nice, because I think the TDB set is awful.

They are finally getting the progression system into a State that won't require huge/arbitrary overhauls for future expansions. What they are preparing for HoW is a system that will let us smoothly transition into new expansions and be able to prepare accordingly.

It still hurts to not have a new Raid, but these are good changes.

Spawnling

The best part about the upgrade news from today is that after you upgrade a weapon/gear for exotic and legendary (upon inspecting), the option that allows you to upgrade disappears.

Say goodbye to all the new kinderguardians I see every Friday on the Help forums because they "upgraded" their exotics via Xur and it reset the progress on it, yet the option to do the upgrade still remains.

Such a confusing mess from a UI standpoint for players that don't check online boards, which is the vast majority of players. Glad to see Bungie fixed this.

They are finally getting the progression system into a State that won't require huge/arbitrary overhauls for future expansions. What they are preparing for HoW is a system that will let us smoothly transition into new expansions and be able to prepare accordingly.

It still hurts to not have a new Raid, but these are good changes.

yep.. i can't wait for destiny 2 ultimately

i know its way off but all these little changes continue to be steps in the right direction

GhaleonEB

I'll post some thoughts later on tonight about what was shown today, but it's almost entirely good stuff. As far as new media, this shot did more to excite me than any other:

Combat and platforming at the top of the Citadel, with enemy Fallen ships coming in. Hell. Yes.

WTFdestiny_zpsrrxbwsoz.png

Don't know if I missed in how fast this thread has been moving, but will new drops (after the expansion releases) be at the higher level or will new drops still need to be upgraded?

GhaleonEB

Don't know if I missed in how fast this thread has been moving, but will new drops (after the expansion releases) be at the higher level or will new drops still need to be upgraded?

Probably a mix; there's level 30 gear still in the mix now. Only going forward we'll have a way to upgrade it.

The best part about the upgrade news from today is that after you upgrade a weapon/gear for exotic and legendary (upon inspecting), the option that allows you to upgrade disappears.

Say goodbye to all the new kinderguardians I see every Friday on the Help forums because they "upgraded" their exotics via Xur and it reset the progress on it, yet the option to do the upgrade still remains.

Such a confusing mess from a UI standpoint for players that don't check online boards, which is the vast majority of players. Glad to see Bungie fixed this.

For sure, ReXURbish is perhaps the most needlessly convoluted upgrade system ever. This a much needed fix.

Spawnling

For sure, ReXURbish is perhaps the most needlessly convoluted upgrade system ever. This a much needed fix.

It was fine when it first launched back in December, but later down the road, the players that weren't there from September have no idea and only get confused and frustrated.

It's a much needed overhaul in the system.

kidko

Looks great!

So we can have the ultimate arsenal... but will there be anything to do with it all?

Give us them Prison of Elders deets

EL CUCO

HoW come no one is talking about how they fixed the Black Hammer?
F3XdEWQ.jpg

Combat and platforming at the top of the Citadel, with enemy Fallen ships coming in. Hell. Yes.

My hype meter has been sitting at 0 until I saw this.

I'm begging you, Bungie. Some diversity in mission structure is all I need. Soo tired of waiting for something to unlock while I mow down enemies. SO TIRED. LOL

I'll post some thoughts later on tonight about what was shown today, but it's almost entirely good stuff. As far as new media, this shot did more to excite me than any other:

You and me both know that's a lie. You really want that new exotic rocket launcher that totally isn't a relic and that totally is going in the primary slot.

Yeah he's good at brushing questions off. I just noticed when they got to the bounty guy, Goliathan asked outright if there were new bounties being added and they ended up on some tangent about the Petra and completely avoided answering the question. He talks like a politician sometimes..

I posted this in the other thread:

For those who didn't see it, here are the bounties offered from Petra:

**Wanted: Drevis, Wolf Baroness**
Hunt her near the Cosmodrome's forgotten shore.

**Wanted: Beltrik the Vieled**
Hunt him in the Ember Caves of Venus

**Wanted: Mecher Obiks-11**
Hunt it near the Ishtar Cliffs of Venus

While we obviously have had Wanted bounties before, all of them have taken place during missions. Notably mission bosses or mid-bosses. However these enemies don't really line up with what we're pretty sure are the existing missions of HoW.

None of the above is really close enough to The Terminus, or King's Watch to assume they belong to those missions. So hopefully this means we'll start finding more Bounty-style bounties.

The other bounties shown from Petra were as follows:

**Wanted: Wolf Scavengers**
Hunt the Scavengers in the Halls of Wisdom on the Moon

**Wanted: QueenBreaker Vandals**
Hunt the Vandals in the Cinders on Venus

**Wanted: Howling Raiders**
Hunt the Raiders in the Hall of Whispers on Venus

Rehsa

Yeah that looks cool

GhaleonEB

Probably should've been more clear, was mainly asking regarding weapons.

I use 'gear' as a generic for all the equippable stuff in Destiny, though I realize that is imprecise. I got level 30 legendary weapons dropped in the past couple weeks. You will be able to upgrade those once HoW lands, and I'd expect them to stay in the mix for that reason.

If we can get some missions that are something other than Dinkelbot defender, I will be so happy. Lack of mission variety is perhaps my biggest complaint with the game.

I really hope they sat down at the start of designing the HoW missions and said, "okay, not one single wave based siege battle". We've had enough of those for Destiny 1 and 2.

Zoidberg

I posted this in the other thread:

Cool, thanks.

One thing I noticed when they were going through the faction vendors is that their class marks have changed. The old ones are gone and there was only one new one. Hopefully they've swapped it so rep comes from emblem instead!

Unstable

All of these changes are exactly what Destiny needed. I'm genuinely excited for HoW now.

Still upset about the lack of a Raid, but if I had to chose between a raid or these changes. I'd take these changes.

I use 'gear' as a generic for all the equippable stuff in Destiny, though I realize that is imprecise. I got level 30 legendary weapons dropped in the past couple weeks. You will be able to upgrade those once HoW lands.

I know that, was just wondering about weapon drops after HoW releases, will the new drops be at the higher level (365)?

GhaleonEB

I know that, was just wondering about weapon drops after HoW releases, will the new drops be at the higher level (365)?

I've tried to answer this twice now. :lol

There will likely be a mix, with the higher level drops at the higher level activities, but they did not specify in the stream. But by virtue of there being an upgrade path, I'd assume we will still get lower level gear along with the higher level, just as with the Dark Below stuff.

Zoidberg

All of these changes are exactly what Destiny needed. I'm genuinely excited for HoW now.

Still upset about the lack of a Raid, but if I had to chose between a raid or these changes. I'd take these changes.

Yeah if the trade off for no raid was them focusing on everything else then I'll take it. All these changes are great for this expac, but really setup how new expacs will go down going forward.

I don't think I'm going to cary that many non exotic weapons unless something good comes out soon. I needed to get the shotgun from IB and I never got it but besides that the only legendaries that seem useful are:
VoC
Fatebringer
Black Hammer
Corrective Measures
Secret Handshake
Fang of Ir Yut
Light of The Abyss
Hunger of Crota

Please help me add to this list. . I just don't see some weapons to be useful. I just don't think most of these weapons with random perks are that good compared to exotics that would normally take their place, why have a mini Hawkmoon when I can just have Hawkmoon? If I need to use something else besides an exotic primary like Ice Breaker, more than likely I will not be depending on my primary regardless. Only exception is when wanting to use ghorn for a big boss and need a legendary to pick off trash mobs, and then I have Fatebringer.

Matchew

I don't think I'm going to cary that many non exotic weapons unless something good comes out soon. I needed to get the shotgun from IB and I never got it but besides that the only legendaries that seem useful are:
VoC
Fatebringer
Black Hammer
Corrective Measures
Secret Handshake
Fang of Ir Yut
Light of The Abyss
Hunger of Crota

Please help me add to this list. . I just don't see some weapons to be useful. I just don't think most of these weapons with random perks are that good compared to exotics that would normally take their place, why have a mini Hawkmoon when I can just have Hawkmoon? If I need to use something else besides an exotic primary like Ice Breaker, more than likely I will not be depending on my primary regardless. Only exception is when wanting to use ghorn for a big boss and need a legendary to pick off trash mobs, and then I have Fatebringer.

Hunger of Crota is pretty useful

border

HoW come no one is talking about how they fixed the Black Hammer?

I have my doubts that they actually fixed it. Deej basically says he doesn't know the answer, and believes it to be fixed only by virtue of the fact that it was possible to purchase the upgrade. Just because a test build had the perk enabled again doesn't mean it's fixed.

Sane_Man

If PoE was worth a damn they'd have shown it by now to alleviate people's fears. Holding off the reveal is just dumb as fuck and I'm now feeling fairly certain it's going to be nothing more than a glorified hoard mode.

I'd be excited about the new upgrade and re-roll systems if there was an incentive to actually upgrade my stuff - like a god damn raid for instance and not a hoard mode I'll probably play twice and get bored of. Other than that there's one measly strike and a few missions I'll want to play once and never again.

If it wasn't for my lovely clan group this game would be well and truly dead for me. Raids are the only true meat and bones in the game unless you like PVP (I don't). Upgrades are worthless without interesting content to use them on.

VoC
Fatebringer
Black Hammer
Corrective Measures
Secret Handshake
Fang of Ir Yut
Light of The Abyss
Hunger of Crota

Hezen rocket launcher (Due his Ghallahorn perk)
Praedyth Revenge sniper rifle
Found Verdict (due his automatic nature perk)

neoism

Well even though Ive been extremely disappoint in destiny's end game and the DLC pricing... I'm i the only one the literally fucking hates this stupid 2 level increase for every dlc i mean really 2 WHOLE levels.. :/ it just comes off as really lazy to me... i did watch the twitch vod and the items you can exchange with other items it great.. but still it should be like 10 level per dlc....:/

:/ I'm just soo bummed the story/campaign enemies are just soo not fun to play over and over and over again.. also the 200 cap on marks is beyond getting on my nerves.. I really had to wait 8 days just to get one fucking gun....

And even though PVP is great, compared to bungies past offering its just ridiculously bear-bones.. I'm mean really 2 modes is all i play I hate rumble and unless I have 2 friends to play with skirmish isnt even fun.. I play about 5 games and I just can stand to play it anymore.. as a shooter its great as a loot game its one of the worst ive ever played...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom