• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CDOo380UkAACcE-.jpg:large

hwICdPv.gif

5th, maybe 6th time he's intercepted RNGsus' pass.

ALRIGHT SINCE NOBODY HAS RESPONDED-

Vault of Glass HM Fresh Raid-
1.Shem0275
2.Hoggert
3.CannedHeat
4.Sentinalprimus
5.THIS GUYS GETTING A GJALLAHORN
6. HEY LOOK A FULL SET OF ARMOR FOR THIS GUY

You know you want to join. Hit me up or any of the other beautiful people on this list

GhaleonEB

1.Shem0275
2.Hoggert
3.CannedHeat
4.Sentinalprimus
5.THIS GUYS GETTING A GJALLAHORN

You know you want to join. Hit me up or any of the other beautiful people on this list

I asked my daughter if she was interested, but she's totally burned out on Destiny. Partly due to other interests and partly due to RNGesus being an utter bitch to her for the entire time she played. Even worse than she is to me. :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I haven't played Destiny over a month at this point other than to shop at Xur, but I'm wondering if they ever stealth patched the vex mythoclast? Is the starting ammo back to normal? And much more importantly, is the firing cone/spread back to normal at this point? I love that weapon and if I come back for HoW it would be nice for it to be awesome again :).

(I keep reading conflicting reports as to whether or not it's fixed online).
Yes, so far as I know those two glitches were corrected in the last patch.
I just realized we'll need etheric light to max every legendary, even the new ones :(
Hmm, why?

I asked my daughter if she was interested, but she's totally burned out on Destiny. Partly due to other interests and partly due to RNGesus being an utter bitch to her for the entire time she played. Even worse than she is to me. :(

I don't blame her~ I got burnt out yesterday and was like 'The fuck am I doing', but after the stream, I'm excited~

1.Shem0275
2.Hoggert
3.CannedHeat
4.Sentinalprimus
5.UnstableH2O

ALRIGHT JUST NEED ONE MORE SPOT

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
PS Update... sorry

Edit: weird feeling. any legendary armor you get is potentially Level 36 light grade now I guess, so you can look at the visuals and stats of it and decide to keep it or not.

truth be told, I kept a bunch of stuff in my vault on the basis that this would be possible one day. will try not to rub it in.
look at this image, its from when Deej inspected new monarchy guy's inventory

notice that it is 331 damage, with no damage upgrade bubbles. looks like we'll have to "ascend" them
Weird. No damage bubbles, so what does it become when they're all filled in if not 365?

ocean

Banned
Hmm, why?

HoW Vendor weapons start at 331 and have the "Ascend" bubble. Apparently this means we'll have to upgrade them to 365 the same way we will older weapons.

The absence of attack upgrade bubbles is weird though. It's like we're buying the gun at 331 and using an Etheric thingy we'll bump it straight to 365 with nothing in between. All the bubbles are perks. Maybe upgrading will be less grindy and require less planetary mats?

Maybe Bungie actually knows how annoying this used to be. I am real happy about these changes!

jlDvFpD.png

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Oh I didn't see that all the bubbles were perks, so you need... an etheric light is like a ticket to max the damage on any gun of your choosing? Are the mat and XP costs are reduced too because there are fewer bubbles or what?

whatever, we'll bitch about whatever it turns out to be, but looks like a radical overhaul with sounds good.

ocean

Banned
not like they'll be useless if you don't ascend them though

i mean vog weapons are still mostly viable for TDB

Oh definitely. I mean you could buy that Red Hand and level it so you open up the perks. Then whenever you get a chance just Ascend it to 365 without losing any progress. It's a beautiful process!

Tried Crucible for the first time since the last IB... remembered why I haven't played since the last IB. I'm glad they reigned in some Suros ridiculousness but almost every other Crucible patch/nerf makes me like it less. Oh well. Still HoW hyped.

Hopefully ToO will generate enough PvP interest that we can get some full Gaf trains rolling, even one or two rando's will constantly flip spawns and submarine any pretense of strategy. Just not into the headless chicken rando-run-around.

Btw, who thought ghost ammo crates that tell you it'll be another 1:45 until secondary spawns was a good idea?

GhaleonEB

Oh I didn't see that all the bubbles were perks, so you need... an etheric light is like a ticket to max the damage on any gun of your choosing? Are the mat and XP costs are reduced too because there are fewer bubbles or what?

whatever, we'll bitch about whatever it turns out to be, but looks like a radical overhaul with sounds good.

I like that the damage and armor upgrade nodes were removed. Presumably the damage / defense ratings will simply improve as we upgrade the other perks. I wonder if this is partly what Luke was referring to in that post when he mentioned reducing barriers to players getting to just using the gear. Between this and the ability to swap out materials it looks like much less of a grind in store for new gear.

ocean

Banned

Cynical Ocean is worried this sounds too good to be true. Last time we were the optimistic we started upgrading our Exotics en masse, only to get news on the actual process a few days later :p

Let's hope this time the goodwill and optimism holds true. This is an amazing series of decisions they've made. Reforging (!!!!!), easy upgrades, no attack/defense bubbles to fill in, Vendor gear starting at 36 Light and getting actual redesigns instead of paint jobs (dat Ram), weekend Osiris, less-random endgame loot at PoE (we'd suggested Raid tokens for guaranteed gear instead of RNGibberish for so long!!!)....

It's good to see all these months of feedback have helped shape the game in such a positive direction. If PoE ends up being truly dynamic and different every week, we have varied endgame loot so we don't all look the same and run the same gun loadouts, if we don't have to grind THAT much for upgrade materials (remember patrol routes? yeah), if players keep running both Raids for Etheric and Exotic rolls.... I'd say a lot of the "game lacks content" comments can be put to rest. I mean it'll be no WoW but as an FPS it'll be enormously replayable. I get a feeling what we'll see on May 29th is the game we should have had at launch, but was only made possible with months of data and feedback from the community :)

I'm very excited for this update/DLC. Looks promising. Bungies been listening it seems.

If your reading Luke tell the team they did a wonderful job. ^_^

ocean

Banned
If I can ascend any vendor armor or CE/VOG sets to level 34, the drive to grind for PoE armor will be lower though. I mean as completionists we'll want them all - specially given that they'll surely have cool Fallen perks. But it'll be strange to reach max level without necessarily participating in the PvE endgame. It could be done before via IB but that was a very special kind of grind and nearly impossible for multiple characters.

Edit: just in case, it's not a complaint, just a thought. I think what they showed today is fantastic. Keep up the good work Bungie.

Deku Tree

I just realized that if I have an exotic or a legendary that has all the perks unlocked then I don't need to level if anymore and if will go to max 365 attack once HoW drops and I get some Etheric Light or use Exotic Shards.

ocean

Banned
It's just the beginning.

4034.yeahhhhh.jpg

Bungie, the last major thing I believe needs changing. Is factions using only crucible marks. Plz PLZ let them use vanguard too!! :(
Well they did tease there's something important to be revealed tomorrow regarding Commendations. I'm hoping they can be used to trade C/V Marks.

ocean

Banned
God damn that Datto video is impressive. Running the sword while blindfolded and getting the kill (barely) before Enrage...truly impressive teamwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom