• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll post some thoughts later on tonight about what was shown today, but it's almost entirely good stuff. As far as new media, this shot did more to excite me than any other:

Combat and platforming at the top of the Citadel, with enemy Fallen ships coming in. Hell. Yes.

WTFdestiny_zpsrrxbwsoz.png

HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THIS

I'll post some thoughts later on tonight about what was shown today, but it's almost entirely good stuff. As far as new media, this shot did more to excite me than any other:

Combat and platforming at the top of the Citadel, with enemy Fallen ships coming in. Hell. Yes.

WTFdestiny_zpsrrxbwsoz.png

Dat Vex floor

HOLY SHIT WHAT IS THIS

looks like a Terminus story mission on Venus

Well even though Ive been extremely disappoint in destiny's end game and the DLC pricing... I'm i the only one the literally fucking hates this stupid 2 level increase for every dlc i mean really 2 WHOLE levels.. :/ it just comes off as really lazy to me... i did watch the twitch vod and the items you can exchange with other items it great.. but still it should be like 10 level per dlc....:/

why are you so hung up on levels? it seems totally arbitrary to me?

if it were 2 levels or 10 whats the difference

If PoE was worth a damn they'd have shown it by now to alleviate people's fears. Holding off the reveal is just dumb as fuck and I'm now feeling fairly certain it's going to be nothing more than a glorified hoard mode.

I'd be excited about the new upgrade and re-roll systems if there was an incentive to actually upgrade my stuff - like a god damn raid for instance and not a hoard mode I'll probably play twice and get bored of. Other than that there's one measly strike and a few missions I'll want to play once and never again.

If it wasn't for my lovely clan group this game would be well and truly dead for me. Raids are the only true meat and bones in the game unless you like PVP (I don't). Upgrades are worthless without interesting content to use them on.
i don't agree. they didn't unveil or leak today's content news prior to today, and they frankly hit it out of the freekin park. i'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt, after what they unveiled today.
edit: i do agree with you regarding the group play. i wouldn't have stuck with this game for so long if it weren't for the people with whom i play.

NeOak

Well even though Ive been extremely disappoint in destiny's end game and the DLC pricing... I'm i the only one the literally fucking hates this stupid 2 level increase for every dlc i mean really 2 WHOLE levels.. :/ it just comes off as really lazy to me... i did watch the twitch vod and the items you can exchange with other items it great.. but still it should be like 10 level per dlc....:/

:/ I'm just soo bummed the story/campaign enemies are just soo not fun to play over and over and over again.. also the 200 cap on marks is beyond getting on my nerves.. I really had to wait 8 days just to get one fucking gun....

And even though PVP is great, compared to bungies past offering its just ridiculously bear-bones.. I'm mean really 2 modes is all i play I hate rumble and unless I have 2 friends to play with skirmish isnt even fun.. I play about 5 games and I just can stand to play it anymore.. as a shooter its great as a loot game its one of the worst ive ever played...

what_year_is_it.jpg

I swear I've been reading these kind of posts since launch.

Kyne

what_year_is_it.jpg

I swear I've been reading these kind of posts since launch.

seriously.

by this time if you don't know what you're in for don't fucking bother.

anyone who's still playing the game has probably put in more than 100 hours (I'm being generous here) and can gladly say that the $60 pricetag + $35 DLC is completely worth it.

Destiny isn't really a game for casuals. You're either in it or you're not. If you hold up a piece of paper with a DLC code on it to someone who's put in over 300 hours and say that it costs $35 you really think they are gonna blink twice?

Lnkn52

Just saw this on Kotaku's comment section:

0aB3ioo.png

If this is true about the raids also dropping these consumables, this is great news too.

RetroMG

0aB3ioo.png

If this is true about the raids also dropping these consumables, this is great news too.

Has anyone commented on the "Year 1" portion of that image? I mean, we know Destiny is meant to be a multi-year franchise, and if Comet comes out in September that could be the beginning of "Year 2." I just thought the verbage was interesting.

For upgrades. XP unlocked nodes stay as-is it seems, did we hear about attributes? Does it re-roll Intellect or Discipline etc or do they stay the same.

Deku Tree

No news on a glimmer cap upgrade, right? I'll just keep banking all these Axiomatic Beads in the meantime.

No but if you've been stockpiling radiant and ascendant shards then you have a boat load of glimmer in the vault right now. New HoW speaker will give you 250 glimmer per shard.

GhaleonEB

Has anyone commented on the "Year 1" portion of that image? I mean, we know Destiny is meant to be a multi-year franchise, and if Comet comes out in September that could be the beginning of "Year 2." I just thought the verbage was interesting.

I didn't notice that, good catch. I also suspect that Comet is the start of Year 2; I've been hoping it was a September release all along. If so the gap between it and HoW could be shorter than from TDB to HoW.

Deadstar

0aB3ioo.png

I agree. I personally think Vault of Glass is more fun to play than Crota but there's no reason to play it other than to get exotics. If I can play it and still progress my character that will be awesome.

neoism

looks like a Terminus story mission on Venus

why are you so hung up on levels? it seems totally arbitrary to me?

if it were 2 levels or 10 whats the difference

i guess its from my jrpg/rpg days... I like leveling from killing enemies/monsters.. and not through gear.. 10 would be better because you wouldn't have people get max level in 2 hours after the dlc release.. :/

I don't think I'm going to cary that many non exotic weapons unless something good comes out soon. I needed to get the shotgun from IB and I never got it but besides that the only legendaries that seem useful are:
VoC
Fatebringer
Black Hammer
Corrective Measures
Secret Handshake
Fang of Ir Yut
Light of The Abyss
Hunger of Crota

Please help me add to this list. . I just don't see some weapons to be useful. I just don't think most of these weapons with random perks are that good compared to exotics that would normally take their place, why have a mini Hawkmoon when I can just have Hawkmoon? If I need to use something else besides an exotic primary like Ice Breaker, more than likely I will not be depending on my primary regardless. Only exception is when wanting to use ghorn for a big boss and need a legendary to pick off trash mobs, and then I have Fatebringer.

Youll need woc for void nf, probably pr too

i guess its from my jrpg/rpg days... I like leveling from killing enemies/monsters.. and not through gear.. 10 would be better because you wouldn't have people get max level in 2 hours after the dlc release.. :/
Well technically you are leveling through killing monsters since you can't level up gear without killing shit and getting materials and whatnot. And while I get what you're saying, I don't think 2 levels or 10 levels would make much of a difference. I imagine it would be like getting from level 20 to 28, which was simple and quick. 29 and 30 were a grind. Getting to 31 was simple, while many still have not reached 32. So if the level was increased to 42 I figure that 33-40 could be attained fairly fast and 41-42 would be the rough patch.

ocean

Banned

You're talking about two different things. Even if the level cap were increased by 10, it'd be through gear. I think it was rumored that Comet would raise the actual base level to 30 from 20, so there'll be more leveling via killing stuff in the future.

SonComet

I haven't played Destiny over a month at this point other than to shop at Xur, but I'm wondering if they ever stealth patched the vex mythoclast? Is the starting ammo back to normal? And much more importantly, is the firing cone/spread back to normal at this point? I love that weapon and if I come back for HoW it would be nice for it to be awesome again :).

(I keep reading conflicting reports as to whether or not it's fixed online).

hoggert

VOG HM from the start if anybody is interested?

PSN ManxWraith

1. ManxWraith
2. JustaddHa
3. Sentinalprimus
4. hoggert

Did HM Gorgons/Gatekeeper already today, but tower pugs will be tower pugs. Would be great to finish the entire raid plus kill Templar. First time at VoG HM btw, I know the encounters though.

GutZ31

I haven't played Destiny over a month at this point other than to shop at Xur, but I'm wondering if they ever stealth patched the vex mythoclast? Is the starting ammo back to normal? And much more importantly, is the firing cone/spread back to normal at this point? I love that weapon and if I come back for HoW it would be nice for it to be awesome again :).

(I keep reading conflicting reports as to whether or not it's fixed online).

Its very much still viable for anything from PvE to PvP, but the ammo will always run out rather fast compared to other weapons with similar fire rate.

The cone/spread can be addressed with what perks you pick, but its not a scout rifle, its still very much in line with an auto rifle.
I may be misinterpreting your concerns, but for the most part, its still an awesome weapon from my tests.

Carbonox

Had a fucking brilliant run of VOG today.

Fatebringer
Praedyth's Revenge
Fusion Rifle (can't remember name)
Pulse Rifle (can't remember name)

Fatebringer was the number one thing I wanted most. With the news today that all the old weapons' caps will be raised to the new max in HoW, I was so happy getting all of this. All of these are my first of each too. Barely touched VoG in the past tbf (most of my time was spent on Crota) but now I have even more incentive to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom