• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave_6

Haven't logged on yet, but anyone need/want to run two NFs? I've got two left to do and would like to knock them out tonight.

TsuWave

i burned out a few weeks back, it doesn't help that i have everything bar necro, but after seeing that you can upgrade past gear to level 34 light and 365 attack i'm looking forward to the loadouts i'm gonna put together

shaw515

Neo Member
I should have realized that when I did VOG last night and picked up nothing but shards the entire way through that it was a sign of good things to come :) .

Alright so ethereal light is used to re-roll weapons? How much and where do you get it?

As for upgrading to a higher level and damage for armour and weapons. What is used for that?

I haven't been able to watch the stream yet.

Can any armour go to 34 or just ones that had "light"?

I haven't seen anyone comment on this particular aspect, but with the Etheric Light used for armor upgrade, no longer will progression be cockblocked waiting on fucking boots to drop. RNG is still dictating the pace of progression, but now you are in control of what. Great solution.

Alright so ethereal light is used to re-roll weapons? How much and where do you get it?

As for upgrading to a higher level and damage for armour and weapons. What is used for that?

Etheric Light is used to "Ascend" to 365 damage. Can be done at any time regardless of XP investment. Motes and Glimmer are used to re roll perks at the Gunsmith.

I think it has to be Legendary to ascend For 34.

I haven't seen anyone comment on this particular aspect, but with the Etheric Light used for armor upgrade, no longer will progression be cockblocked waiting on fucking boots to drop. RNG is still dictating the pace of progression, but now you are in control of what. Great solution.
That and now we will see hell of a lot more armor combinations.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Anyone down for a quick nightfall?

Need one more, join BiGBoSSMk23

GutZ31

Can you ascend any legendary armor or just raid gear?
Bungie didn't completely clear that as far as I can tell.
Looks like they are focused on the HoWs stuff getting you to light level 34.
So, vanguard stuff bought after HoW will be light level 34, but no word on pre-HoW, yet.

Did Bungie explicitly say we can upgrade with mats with no strings attached? I just got a sick feeling that it requires ranking up the HoW faction to rank 4 or some shit like that.

Lima

Bungie didn't completely clear that as far as I can tell.
Looks like they are focused on the HoWs stuff getting you to light level 34.
So, vanguard stuff bought after HoW will be light level 34, but no word on pre-HoW, yet.

Edit: Nevermind

ocean

Banned

Only HoW Legendary weapons can be re-rolled. It'll cost some 250 Glimmer, 3 Weapon Parts and a Mote of Light. As with IB gear, re-forge will reset any progress made on that weapon. I am going to assume, however, that a gun you have "Ascended" to 365 will stay at that attack value if you re-roll and you will only lose the perks. At least I hope so.

The Etheric thing is what's used for upgrading Legendaries. Look at this picture showing a 300 Shadow Price being upgraded to 365:

nicJQbz.png

You use that item, which can drop from Raids, NF, PoE and IB, to instantly raise the attack value without affecting your perk bubbles. Exotics will use Exotic Shards instead as the upgrade catalyst.

ocean

Banned
Just noticed.. that AR the PoE vendor is selling (Shank damage bonus, high impact) appears not to have elemental damage. Considering PoE is the raid-substitute I'd have expected its weapon tier to include elemental damage for primaries :/

CDOo380UkAACcE-.jpg:large

hwICdPv.gif

5th, maybe 6th time he's intercepted RNGsus' pass.

Haha you did post it, you are a man of honor. One day, when the time is right, the Thunderlord will choose you too. Verily.

BTW I'm totally down for doing a Flawless VoG Hard. Keep forgetting how much a buff shotguns got. Minotaurs get REKT!

Trying to get a quick hard Crota kill. Got a sword runner. Join macello's party. Just need two more.

I would help, but I'm assuming you guys got this done.

So I've been using No Land Beyond in crucible for like five days now and I am in love. I've been doing really good with it and just went 22-8. Some guy on the other team messaged me and said, "you went 22 and 8 with nlb, you are a god!"

I'm feeling good right now XD

So HoW hype, I get to find the best armor to suit my needs since they all will let me get to level cap.

Faster reload with hand cannons, more hand cannon ammo, more heavy ammo build.

Though to be honest I will probably just try to get the Trials of Osiris armor and take whatever perks on them unless they can be reforged as well. Also I will wait until the community decides what are the new best guns to have and pick those up.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Thank you for the NF help KDF, my gf is quite pleased with her first exotic.

:p

Just noticed.. that AR the PoE vendor is selling (Shank damage bonus, high impact) appears not to have elemental damage. Considering PoE is the raid-substitute I'd have expected its weapon tier to include elemental damage for primaries :/

Shank damage bonus? Is that for real? Fuck that, there had better be something magical about these shanks, that is the worst perk I ever heard. Makes Hive Disruptor look baller.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom