• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haven't played Destiny in over a month. Glad to see scrubs in HM Crota with no heavy synth is still a thing even with Xur selling it every week. Quality.

ocean

Banned
Oh another bonus I just thought of: all the vendor armor being able to reach 34 means I won't rely on RNG for stat rolls. If I want an Int/Dis build I don't have to wait until the Raid drops that...I'll just buy the set that suits me and spend the requisite Etheric/Planetary materials. Guardians are definitely gonna look more varied now.

The PoE gauntlets are 42 Light and the AR 365 attack straight from the vendor though. The grind is gone, only bubbles that need filling are perks and not attack/defense bubbles.

Bungie dev lurkers I wanna buy you a beer.

Oh another bonus I just thought of: all the vendor armor being able to reach 34 means I won't rely on RNG for stat rolls. If I want an Int/Dis build I don't have to wait until the Raid drops that...I'll just buy the set that suits me and spend the requisite Etheric/Planetary materials. Guardians are definitely gonna look more varied now.

The PoE gauntlets are 42 Light and the AR 365 attack straight from the vendor though. The grind is gone, only bubbles that need filling are perks and not attack/defense bubbles.

Bungie dev lurkers I wanna buy you a beer.

I wonder, are ascendant mats used for anything now? If all new gear is Light 36 and you ascend with Etheric Light to go to 42 there is no purpose for them?

BokehKing

Banned
Just noticed.. that AR the PoE vendor is selling (Shank damage bonus, high impact) appears not to have elemental damage. Considering PoE is the raid-substitute I'd have expected its weapon tier to include elemental damage for primaries :/
Probably the trade off for it actually having impact on its stats

Haven't played Destiny in over a month. Glad to see scrubs in HM Crota with no heavy synth is still a thing even with Xur selling it every week. Quality.

Nah broski. I rather do the glitch and take up 15 seconds of people time at the start to make sure I have enough heavy ammo in case someone says "I only have one rocket this run" because they popped a synth already or so I can have enough rockets to take down the sword bearer with 2 rockets and some sniper shots moment he comes out.

It's only smart. I only use heavy synth when it is really necessary. If you have prep time use it. Batman.

ocean

Banned
I wonder, are ascendant mats used for anything now? If all new gear is Light 36 and you ascend with Etheric Light to go to 42 there is no purpose for them?
I was just wondering about this. I can think of three possibilities:

1. Remaining bubbles on old gear you wanna upgrade which required Ascendants/Radiants.
2. Glimmer trade
3. (???) We've seen new armor and weapons only have "perk" bubbles but Deej never hovered over them. Maybe now the perk bubbles will require mats? Otherwise the required planetary/ascendant material requirements will be a teeny tiny fraction of what they now are. I'd love nothing more than this being the case but it wouldn't surprise me if those fewer, simplified bubbles were more expensive XP and mat wise.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I'm about to hop on the XB1 version if anyone wants to play. I'm down for whatever, but I'd prefer to knock out the Nightfall first.

Need to do DS and crota x 3. Normal mode.

Who's in? Need 4 to do it on normal. Less if nilla wants in. Dude is the best destiny player here. Sorry to all the other usuals. He just is.

I was just wondering about this. I can think of three possibilities:

1. Remaining bubbles on old gear you wanna upgrade which required Ascendants/Radiants.
2. Glimmer trade
3. (???) We've seen new armor and weapons only have "perk" bubbles but Deej never hovered over them. Maybe now the perk bubbles will require mats? Otherwise the required planetary/ascendant material requirements will be a teeny tiny fraction of what they now are. I'd love nothing more than this being the case but it wouldn't surprise me if those fewer, simplified bubbles were more expensive XP and mat wise.

1. That might be the case, but that would be a temporary use for them.
2. Just drop glimmer, mats are useless.
3. I think you may be on to something here. Probably use Ass or Rad to unlock gear perks now. Same amount as before, just spread on different nodes.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Cynical Ocean is worried this sounds too good to be true. Last time we were the optimistic we started upgrading our Exotics en masse, only to get news on the actual process a few days later :p
whenever you upgrade one weapon you need to choose a maxed weapon to sacrifice.

Let's hope this time the goodwill and optimism holds true. This is an amazing series of decisions they've made. Reforging (!!!!!), easy upgrades, no attack/defense bubbles to fill in, Vendor gear starting at 36 Light and getting actual redesigns instead of paint jobs (dat Ram), weekend Osiris, less-random endgame loot at PoE (we'd suggested Raid tokens for guaranteed gear instead of RNGibberish for so long!!!)....
it will hold true... for a while :)

patchday

Nah broski. I rather do the glitch and take up 15 seconds of people time at the start to make sure I have enough heavy ammo in case someone says "I only have one rocket this run" because they popped a synth already or so I can have enough rockets to take down the sword bearer with 2 rockets and some sniper shots moment he comes out.

It's only smart. I only use heavy synth when it is really necessary. If you have prep time use it. Batman.

Yeah I've seen raiders that claim they got 100s of syths still do the trick to generate ammo. This way if team wipes folks dont have to wait on the lame 10 min timer.

house of hype guys amirite

I'm a little out of the loop with today's reveals. Does it look like we can upgrade our IB weapons and armor to level 34? If so, that would amazing.

it looks like all legendary weapond and armor can be upgraded. house of wolfes stuff are the only ones u can reforge at gunsmith though

patchday

So--- according to Bungie stream, we can trade for things. I'm wondering if we will be able to trade ascendant shards for radiant shards?

Hm, not liking all this talk about weekly caps on the new upcoming events. That's a big red flag. Maybe weekly cap wont be a big deal anyways since Witcher 3 is out around then.

But will wait to see more info on Trials of Osiris.

house of hype guys amirite

Lots of excitement for sure. It doesn't exonerate them from excluding a Raid imo, but I am looking forward to PoE if that makes sense.

I would like to give them Kudos for vastly improving the in game economy, but I have a hard time giving too much credit for fixing broken shit that shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Overall, I am pleased with the state of HoW, just wish changes ould have come much earlier.

So--- according to Bungie stream, we can trade for things. I'm wondering if we will be able to trade ascendant shards for radiant shards?

Hm, not liking all this talk about weekly caps on the new upcoming events. That's a big red flag. Maybe weekly cap wont be a big deal anyways since Witcher 3 is out around then.

But will wait to see more info on Trials of Osiris.

Weekly caps have always been there, but they said that the PoE could be run multiple times. From the leaked difficulties, that's like..3 times.

Ok, so noob question since I didn't have the game when the first DLC dropped:

If I hoard faction packages, will they roll the new gear if I open after HoW or does it lock when the package arrives?

Ok, so noob question since I didn't have the game when the first DLC dropped:

If I hoard faction packages, will they roll the new gear if I open after HoW or does it lock when the package arrives?

Yeah, best thign to do is to grind the faction rep until you're like, right before levelling it up

deafmedal

Eh, not my night to play Destiny :p
Can't get in a group (too slow heh), but I did watch the preview and I gotta say can't wait to put Deathsinger's mantle right where it belongs... the vault. And I can proudly wear my cowboy boots all the time again(at least Crota's biker boots were tolerable)! Are the numbers shown for the upgrades and mat exchange what we will get? Seems low.

Curious what I will upgrade first... Probably VoC or FB, I reckon 331 weapons can be upgraded after those two. Wonder how long it'll take to do them all especially the purples. I sharded a lot of good purples in the past 3-4 months :(

Lots of excitement for sure. It doesn't exonerate them from excluding a Raid imo, but I am looking forward to PoE if that makes sense.

I would like to give them Kudos for vastly improving the in game economy, but I have a hard time giving too much credit for fixing broken shit that shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Overall, I am pleased with the state of HoW, just wish changes ould have come much earlier.

the good thing is that these updates are game wide and arent exclusive to the expansion. major updates around this time after launch are the norm for bungie, but it definitely could have been there sooner. credit is given where it is due and i appreciate the way theyve gone about it. it will breathe life into a stale grind.

as for the content, lets hope that delivers too. the reef looked nice if not a bit underwhelming, but the meat of this reveal is yet to be seen. really would like to be on the highband of the sine wave for this expansion. dont think dgaf can take another HM scrota...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom