• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
so uhh any XB1 users wanna play

I can almost never find people to play with in this community. :-(

ocean

Banned
So--- according to Bungie stream, we can trade for things. I'm wondering if we will be able to trade ascendant shards for radiant shards?

Hm, not liking all this talk about weekly caps on the new upcoming events. That's a big red flag. Maybe weekly cap wont be a big deal anyways since Witcher 3 is out around then.

But will wait to see more info on Trials of Osiris.
You can trade Ascendant Energies/Shards or Radiant Energies/Shards but I don't think you can trade Ascendants for Radiants. As for Weekly lockout...it's like everything else (NF, VoG, CE, Weekly Heroic). Can't see how it's surprising.

Lots of excitement for sure. It doesn't exonerate them from excluding a Raid imo, but I am looking forward to PoE if that makes sense.

I would like to give them Kudos for vastly improving the in game economy, but I have a hard time giving too much credit for fixing broken shit that shouldn't have happened in the first place.

Overall, I am pleased with the state of HoW, just wish changes ould have come much earlier.
Looking at what's been announced plus all the small details added over the months (no more patrolling for mats, audio options, Weekly matchmaking, remote Vault management, audio options, IB with actual level differences, Cryptarch not decrypting to lower tier rewards, more bounty slots, more frequent Public Events, increased Raid drops in CE) the game has really shaped up nicely.

Coupled with extra missions, extra Crucible maps, extra Strikes, mode variety (Inferno, Salvage, Combined Arms, ToO, IB rotation), a new activity category (Arena) and extra gear this is finally looking like a complete game. Put into perspective, Destiny as of HoW when compared to launch has a ton more content, a more flexible economy, a lot less grind requirements, lower reliance on RNG for progression, more freedom to create varied load outs thanks to a wider pool of max-level gear (basically anything goes).

Bravo. As you say, I'd have liked the game to launch like that but still. I'm happy it's gotten there.

prison of elders needs to be really interesting to seal the deal. am worried itll just be horde mode with weekly modifiers and different difficulties like the weekly strikes. i can already smell the backlash...

prison of elders needs to be really interesting to seal the deal. am worried itll just be horde mode with weekly modifiers and different difficulties like the weekly strikes. i can already smell the backlash...

its basically Halo ODST firefight with Skulls on but you can do only do this one per week right?

Daemul

On the weapons side I'm only going to upgrade my raid weapons since they're unique, but I'm sharding the non raid legendary weapons I bought since they can't be reforged for good perks like the HoW ones can. This is a godsend since as a pulse rifle user I was stuck with a Three Little Words with terrible perks, which I can now get rid of.

On the armour side I'm going to take great pleasure in sharding all of my ugly ass VoG and CE raid gear, and then buying and rolling with vendor gear since it has always been the best looking end game gear in the game, always, but due to it not being able to reach max light level I had to grudgingly wear ugly shit from the raid, but with the changes that won't happen.

I'm most happy about the armour changes since it has always been easy to buy vendor gear with the exact stats and perks that fit your playstyle, but the light system made you have to play the raid to get the best gear, which was made more painful by having to rely on RNG for the armour drops to have the exact perks and stats you wanted, which was complete bullshit. Thank God Bungie finally fixed it.

MildSoss

Even if HoW doesn't deliver in the content department it does make me excited for when ever Comet or Destiny 2 rolls around.

All these small changes they're going to implement shows they've learned a lot and hopefully don't end up doing the same mistakes again.

ocean

Banned
There will be backlash no matter what but I think ANY kind of dynamic content would be a net gain for us.

I mean everything including Patrol and Strikes and Raids have the same enemies on the same timers in the same positions. Coupled with the fact that the game is designed for us to run the exact same encounters hundreds of times, having them be identical each time is what most offended the "no content!!" Crowd. It does feel repetitive.

If PoE can give us new challenges and just play out differently each week - different enemy patterns or order or whatever - the game will get a much needed breath of fresh air. Something new to do every reset.
One can dream...

Gordon

So my loot recap this week (so far at least)

NF 1/2:
Me: Special Engram (2 shards, naturally)
Wife: Random New Monarchy gun

NF 2/2:
Me: The Culling
Wife: Thunderlord

Gorgons 1/2 (just hard, I feel like the odds are better)
Me: Mats and a class item
Wife: Suros Regime (her 3rd)

Gorgons 2/2
Me: More mats
Wife: GJALLARHORN!!! (her first)

Deathsinger
Me: Truth
WOOOO THAT WAS THE LAST NON-RAID EXOTIC I NEEDED!! JUST A CRUX AND A VEX AND I HAVE THE FULL XBOX EXOTIC WEAPON LIST COMPLETED!!
Wife: Mats

NM Crota 1/2
Me: Trash helmet
Wife: Trash armor

NM Crota 2/2
Me: HUNGER - so yeah win
Wife: Mats/trash

HM Crota
Me: Truth #2
Wife: Crux

And I just watched somebody else get Gjally/Crux/Truth in one sitting on Monday night right before roll-over. I feel like the drop rates have been altered. The only person that's not hitting sweet rolls is my sour swordbearer, who has been going on and on about needing Truth and a Crux, and nearly popped an eyeball out when my second truth dropped lol (allowing trading within the fireteam that produced a drop is really starting to seem like a wise move)

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
its basically Halo ODST firefight with Skulls on but you can do only do this one per week right?
We don't really know. I'm hoping it'll be survival focused, like ODST. Play till you die and see how far you can get.

Daemul

This is Bungie we're talking about remember? That's exactly how I expect they made the Arena to work.

Ji66a-Man

Somebody got a Thunderlord.

And that someone was not Boguester. RNG Mutombo blocks all his chances.
8TDma6x.gif

Daemul

Anyone know whether the ToO gear will have any unique perks? If not I'll just play it for the Pulse Rifle and continue to wear my beautiful vendor bought gear. I may collect the ToO armour for fun if I have time though.

I suspect you can play it as many times as you want, but will only get a set number of drops per week, making it "Raid-lite". Probably get a visual breakdown in the app like VoG and CE loot drops.

Frenden

Banned
I'm one bubble away from fully upgrading my Thunderlord and I'm so stoked. I was waiting until the upgrade path was clarified.

Big Shout Out to all the gaffers I got to run with today. 4th HM and Nechro still elude but it was fun nonetheless. And sorry for scrubbing it up today. Still in BB mode and trying to get my Destiny legs back under me.

haha Lots of fun was had, no scrubbing involved. I was so confused the whole time in Crucible, trying to figure out the new ghost crate locations on each map, how Blink jumping works, etc.

PvP makes me rage so hard, I need to either be in a team of fellow talkative ragers or just mute my mic :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom