• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defuser

Good thing I still kept my old weapons because they're too good to shard.
Shadow Price
The Devil You Know
The Swarm

How many of you guys still kept your old weapons?

rayuma

1 more spot open

Fresh HM VoG
1. rayuma
2. ich00 - ichabod00
3. Amibguous Cad
4. positivevibr8ion (can't hear you due to NAT)
5. DY_nastyIV

Sending party invites out

This is Bungie we're talking about remember? That's exactly how I expect they made the Arena to work.

it's not that it can't be any fun, but as the premier mode in lieu of a raid that will be incredibly underwhelming.

and then there's no guarantee the next raid will be free.

Good thing I still kept my old weapons because they're too good to shard.
Shadow Price
The Devil You Know
The Swarm

How many of you guys still kept your old weapons?

Oh damn, forgot I still have my Swarm too. Fuck yeah, 365 is going to be amazibg.

I regret dismantling my TDYK, but I haven't been much of a HC guy anyway, so meh.

shermas

Nah broski. I rather do the glitch and take up 15 seconds of people time at the start to make sure I have enough heavy ammo in case someone says "I only have one rocket this run" because they popped a synth already or so I can have enough rockets to take down the sword bearer with 2 rockets and some sniper shots moment he comes out.

It's only smart. I only use heavy synth when it is really necessary. If you have prep time use it. Batman.

That's how I feel... when I use a synth and it's cooling down, it's not that much fun when I need more heavy ammo. If I use the glitch, I can rocket sword guy, crota, etc and not worry about the cool down time.

Deku Tree

it's not that it can't be any fun, but as the premier mode in lieu of a raid that will be incredibly underwhelming.

It won't be free. Count on it.

The PoE vendor had something for sale that talked about chests in the Arena so we know there are chests.

What is this word you use: "free".

divide by zero, does not compute.

Next raid is with the Comet expansion at $40+ or I dismantle a NLB. I am serious about that bet.

Well you can feel the love for those Warlocks!

CDPWJ7nWEAAZ1z0.jpg:large

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
1 more spot open

Fresh HM VoG
1. rayuma
2. ich00 - ichabod00
3. Amibguous Cad
4. positivevibr8ion (can't hear you due to NAT)
5. DY_nastyIV

Sending party invites out

gotcha

geez - for some reason i didn't see it when you sent it at first

The Etheric thing is what's used for upgrading Legendaries. Look at this picture showing a 300 Shadow Price being upgraded to 365:

nicJQbz.png

You use that item, which can drop from Raids, NF, PoE and IB, to instantly raise the attack value without affecting your perk bubbles. Exotics will use Exotic Shards instead as the upgrade catalyst.

Can't believe I dismantled my only Shadow Price before the vault update to make space. I'm gonna be sick.

Frenden

Banned
I still have almost all my 300 ATK legendaries. I did shard a Vanquisher and a Chance with Field Scout, though, ugh.

TDYK and my Red Hand are top priorities after I upgrade the armor I like the most.

Crota still hit me while I was invisible and he was crouching. Patch no good.

Boo!: they didn't address this part of the problem at all. The patch note about the new, improved "Scrota safely stands, slices sword" was meaningless. No idea why they thought that would supposedly fix anything.

Yay!: Disappearing swords are a thing of the past. Hasn't happened once post-patch. Awesome.

Fwiw we've now had 6 consecutive #T1T HM kills this week. Although that's as much luck as anything else.

haha Lots of fun was had, no scrubbing involved. I was so confused the whole time in Crucible, trying to figure out the new ghost crate locations on each map, how Blink jumping works, etc.

PvP makes me rage so hard, I need to either be in a team of fellow talkative ragers or just mute my mic :p

Lol I hear ya. And blink is awesome in PvP. At least until you're aiming for a specific platform smh. Then its scrub city.

dunno. i'd play this game 24/7 if there was some financial gain or other form of productivity coming from it. i'd really love to raid with everybody - and maybe even play with my xbox peeps.

just not a smart investment of time right now.
Didn't mean now. Just meant in general.

I saw a reddit post about using greens and blues in the crucible a few days ago, and since I've recently started playing more PvP I figured I'd seek out some of the weapons people were suggesting. Well day one I got a Xerxes-C (green) with focus fire. I have Jolder's hammer with good roles, but this has been a whole new level of destruction. It's like a monster scout rifle instead of a machine gun. I get half my kills with it practically. I'm really paying attention to greens and blues now.

Defuser

I saw a reddit post about using greens and blues in the crucible a few days ago, and since I've recently started playing more PvP I figured I'd seek out some of the weapons people were suggesting. Well day one I got a Xerxes-C (green) with focus fire. I have Jolder's hammer with good roles, but this has been a whole new level of destruction. It's like a monster scout rifle instead of a machine gun. I get half my kills with it practically. I'm really paying attention to greens and blues now.

Yeah, I'm trying to find that green HC with 3 shots but with luck in the chamber.

border

there's an album from reddit with key moments from the stream up for those that missed it

http://imgur.com/a/sAKWd

This is kind of a bummer to go through. For both HoW and Crota's End they talked about how they were going to have all these new perks. But going through the items in the livestream, all I see are mostly the old perks and maybe a couple boring new ones. "Kills with this weapon temporarily increase maximum sprint speed"? Really?

Wilde

Come get your Fatebringers!

Anyone want to to hard Templar x3? We need 1 more and we are at the checkpoint.

Join ZW33.

This is kind of a bummer to go through. For both HoW and Crota's End they talked about how they were going to have all these new perks. But going through the items in the livestream, all I see are mostly the old perks and maybe a couple boring new ones. "Kills with this weapon temporarily increase maximum sprint speed"? Really?

Perks were chosen by Deej himself, based on his extensive playing experience of 63 hours active time and a singular NM VoG clear.

cZWr8kd.png

lol sorry Deej, all in good fun! We love you. For all we know you have a super secret hardcore account with 1000+ hours logged.*

*since apparently today we're pretending Bungie reads the OT even though they haven't posted in forever :p

Frenden

Banned
A blue/rare Scout to look out for is Gallow's Cure. It has an even higher RoF than MIDA. It reminds me of a M4 in CoD. Lovely gun. I have one with zen moment and explosive rounds IIRC.

shermas

A blue/rare Scout to look out for is Gallow's Cure. It has an even higher RoF than MIDA. It reminds me of a M4 in CoD. Lovely gun. I have one with zen moment and explosive rounds IIRC.

Pretty sure I deleted one of those not too long ago.

It's hard to justify hanging on to so many guns that aren't exotic/raid. I don't know how you guys do it and keep track of which guns are on which player.

My vault is full again bc I try to leave crap weapons on my players when I'm done... I realize it's easy to check with the phone app, but I hate trying to remember which toon has which gun when I'm getting started.

And, even with a full vault, I find myself using the same 10 or so weapons, depending on what I'm doing or trying to level up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom