• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zocano

The house of wolves stuff seems good (edit: so far). Get to upgrade my Shadow Price 365.

Good to know Crota armor will be rendered unimportant like the last time around. I mean yah we get to upgrade the Vex armor but there's just no feel of progression at all with each expansion. You can just buy your way into the level needed to participate in stuff optimally.

I'll enjoy Trials of Osiris (especially with GAF teams) and the rest of the expansion but I'll still hate this type of skipping of progression that every single MMO does nowadays.

Deku Tree

Perks were chosen by Deej himself, based on his extensive playing experience of 63 hours active time and a singular NM VoG clear.

cZWr8kd.png

lol sorry Deej, all in good fun! We love you. For all we know you have a super secret hardcore account with 1000+ hours logged.*

*since apparently today we're pretending Bungie reads the OT even though they haven't posted in forever :p

Lol Deej spends a lot of time in tower and orbit though. 375 hours vs 65 of playtime.

Ryck

So can we upgrade TDB/vanilla vendor gear to Light level 34 gear as well or just old raid gear? I really dig TDB titan gear from the vendor.

Pretty sure I deleted one of those not too long ago.

It's hard to justify hanging on to so many guns that aren't exotic/raid. I don't know how you guys do it and keep track of which guns are on which player.

My vault is full again bc I try to leave crap weapons on my players when I'm done... I realize it's easy to check with the phone app, but I hate trying to remember which toon has which gun when I'm getting started.

And, even with a full vault, I find myself using the same 10 or so weapons, depending on what I'm doing or trying to level up.

I recommend getting the Crome extension, I think it's destiny inventory manager. Way easier to keep track of stuff and move it around. There's also an android app that's supposedly pretty good, not sure if it's the same people. My buddy uses it and seems happy with it.

Zocano

I think a huge problem with the way they have the loot is that each weapon and piece of armor aren't mechanically different enough. The expansion is gonna come in with the same sort of feeling weapon archetypes and whatnot.

The Vex armor, Crota armor, and presumably the Osiris and Fallen armor will all just feel the same.

Their effects aren't unique enough to feel special and most people will end up having similar looks, too, instead of perhaps trying to make "builds" with the armor.

This will also be a big problem with the Vanguard and Crucible armor where there's just no reason to buy them. Like why? The Crota armor we have now is equivalent in almost every way so why buy it aside from Fashion Borne. There's little reason to do the grind aside for fashion.

I wish the perks on the armor was very different and unique.

M3Rocket

I recommend getting the Crome extension, I think it's destiny inventory manager. Way easier to keep track of stuff and move it around. There's also an android app that's supposedly pretty good, not sure if it's the same people. My buddy uses it and seems happy with it.

I've tried most of them and the best is Tower Ghost for Destiny (formerly Destiny Item Viewer) which has extensions for both Chrome and Firefox, an Android app, IOS app and Windows phone app: Tower Ghost for Destiny

border

This will also be a big problem with the Vanguard and Crucible armor where there's just no reason to buy them. Like why? The Crota armor we have now is equivalent in almost every way so why buy it aside from Fashion Borne. There's little reason to do the grind aside for fashion.

I wish the perks on the armor was very different and unique.

All the perks need to be way better.

Though presumably the reason for buying Vanguard Armor is that you will be able to get to Level 34 on Day One (or at the worst on Week One) It may take quite a while to assemble all the materials to upgrade a Crota or Vex set.

Frenden

Banned
Pretty sure I deleted one of those not too long ago.

It's hard to justify hanging on to so many guns that aren't exotic/raid. I don't know how you guys do it and keep track of which guns are on which player.

My vault is full again bc I try to leave crap weapons on my players when I'm done... I realize it's easy to check with the phone app, but I hate trying to remember which toon has which gun when I'm getting started.

And, even with a full vault, I find myself using the same 10 or so weapons, depending on what I'm doing or trying to level up.

I have four or five blues that I keep around because the rolls are ridiculous for PvP, but I'm sure I've missed/sharded some absentmindedly.

Destiny Inventory Manager, you're right, it is fantastic

Perks were chosen by Deej himself, based on his extensive playing experience of 63 hours active time and a singular NM VoG clear.

cZWr8kd.png

lol sorry Deej, all in good fun! We love you. For all we know you have a super secret hardcore account with 1000+ hours logged.*

*since apparently today we're pretending Bungie reads the OT even though they haven't posted in forever :p

How are you getting this data. I just looked at his Grimoire from Bungie.net and it shows 7 VoG completions. Nothing gangbusters, but still more than 1.

down 2 orth

Those NAT errors were nasty. Hate that was the guy's first raid run though. They're supposed to be magical like a first kiss ;_;

Ha ha, yeah that was my first VoG but its all good, we can always try again.

Not sure what was going on, but just to be extra sure I'm going to go get my internet speed upgraded today. Nothing stops this Destiny train :mad:

I see.

To be fair, he has toons on both PSN and XBOX Live, but they are still not played a ton.
I'd probably play less if I was investing in this game equally on XBOX and PSN. I imagine that I'd feel like I was progressing more slowly. Would you play 6 characters on PSN if you had the option to do so? How many is too many?

Frenden

Banned
Ha ha, yeah that was my first VoG but its all good, we can always try again.

Not sure what was going on, but just to be extra sure I'm going to go get my internet speed upgraded today. Nothing stops this Destiny train :mad:

I've only been able to do VoG a few times despite being a day one-er. (Weird schedule.) Add me if you want other green folks to learn with--PSN: FRENDEN.

I asked this in the stream thread but only got one reply:

I got 3 weapons during the last Iron Banner (shotgun, scout rifle, rocket launcher) and I've been earning and saving motes of light to reforge them the next IB.

Is that pointless now? Should I just save my motes for something else? Or are the only re-forgeable weapons in the expansion going to be HoW weapons?

I asked this in the stream thread but only got one reply:

I got 3 weapons during the last Iron Banner (shotgun, scout rifle, rocket launcher) and I've been earning and saving motes of light to reforge them the next IB.

Is that pointless now? Should I just save my motes for something else? Or are the only re-forgeable weapons in the expansion going to be HoW weapons?

You can always reforge IB weapons with motes (at the expense of experience). That's not going to change with HoW. It also appears that you will be able to ascend your current IB weapons to level 34, and if that's the case, spending your motes on your current IB weapons would be very worthwhile.

shermas

Sounds good, I just added you.

And about the VoG, is it worth doing the raid on normal mode now?

You get a couple chances at an exotic during the normal raid, so I think so... it's so much fun, too. Plus, the shards and energies will be useful in HoW.

If you have the time, do it.

Rhaegar

Any of my Lonely Xbone crew have a HM Templar checkpoint my fire team can steal? GT Raztick (that's not me, already have gorgon checkpoint).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom