• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryck

For new page: Can we upgrade TDB/vanilla vendor gear to Light level 34 gear as well or just old raid gear? I really dig TDB titan gear from the vendor.

Zocano

More Titan armor needs fur.

There was one piece of Vanguard gear that had a fur shoulder pad and it was da bess. But I want a big lion on my back.

Right, but will it be one level under the max (since its level 31 gear ) i.e level 33? Or will it jump all the way to 34 even though it isn't raid gear?

It'll be level 34. The material to get it requires you to do NF's, PoE, Trial of Osiris, and might be hard to get

Being lazy has paid off!

I happen to still have a Lord High Fixer and a Devil You Know on my Titan. And my old Red Hand! Though I sadly think I sharded my Shadow Price.

I also really like that it is possible for people who don't buy the DLC to reach max level. Sure it will take long, but at least you aren't completely locked out without the DLC.

1st NF today: Someone gets P&T (1 of 2 exotic guns I don't have.)
2nd NF today: Someone gets Ghorn (2 of 2 exotics guns I don't have.)

Can I live too Bungie? Geez.

Omni

So the new 3 player activity drops armour that will get us to level 34, but we can also just use what we currently have now instead?

Hopefully they bring back the vanilla legendary gear then at the armor vendors. Some of that stuff looked really cool.

I hope they rotate it, give people a reason to use marks. Like, have the HoW gear up in the Reef, and then have the Tower vendor sell TDB/Vanilla gear.

On a side note, I love the Vex Mythoclast. I like the sound and look of it. I wish more weapons were unique like this, and it looks like HoW won't disappoint in aesthetics.

KeRaSh

Wow, House of Wolves sounds amazing with all the info they spilled yesterday. Finally 3 person fireteam endgame content besides stale Nightfalls and they even add weekly modifiers? That is exactly what I always wanted! They upgrade path stuff sounds great. I'm glad I kept all my old stuff around!

Going for 3 quick runs through yesterdays daily, so if anyone didn't do it yet and want some free ass mats...almost at the end of the first one.

Join in on EJRobinson90 (PS4)

Jinjo

I hope they rotate it, give people a reason to use marks. Like, have the HoW gear up in the Reef, and then have the Tower vendor sell TDB/Vanilla gear.

On a side note, I love the Vex Mythoclast. I like the sound and look of it. I wish more weapons were unique like this, and it looks like HoW won't disappoint in aesthetics.

DId they say whether the Mythoclast will be upgradeable too?

Upgrading it will take it to Light 42.

You need a full set for Light Level 34.

Was that confirmed somewhere? I didn't have my Deej translator during the live stream but he seemed kinda ambiguous.

If that's truly the case I'm gonna drop some Marks on cool looking Vendor gear now. Not transmog but it's great to have some variety finally.

Was that confirmed somewhere? I didn't have my Deej translator during the live stream but he seemed kinda ambiguous.

If that's truly the case I'm gonna drop some Marks on cool looking Vendor gear now. Not transmog but it's great to have some variety finally.

I'll have to go watch again, I may have just been reading the tea leaves, but for weapons, no upgrade progress is lost and none of the armor pieces had "defense" nodes, so...

I love how the guest Gothalion didn't waste any time and just started upgrading shit. He probably upgraded every exotic he could while he was there.

That guy was awesome! Really hammered bungie with questions the community wanted to answer. I want more of that, intact I want Gothalion to have a QnA with deej and that should be the weekly update.

I'll have to go watch again, I may have just been reading the tea leaves, but for weapons, no upgrade progress is lost and none of the armor pieces had "defense" nodes, so...

I as well must wade through the meandering valleys of treacherously stationed PR speak and discern the ostensibly opaque hidden truth that lies within that lengthy section of stream footage. Translation: Me too.

I want Gothalion to have a QnA with deej and that should be the weekly update.

That would be way more interesting, if they wanted to further improve the game. Something tells me they will take a six month break after doing all this work.

That would be way more interesting, if they wanted to further improve the game. Something tells me they will take a six month break after doing all this work.

If the theory is to be believed, that a skeleton crew is taking care of destiny, about maybe 50 people working on HoW, and even more people working on Comet/the pre-development of Destiny 2, then Comet should be gooood

That guy was awesome! Really hammered bungie with questions the community wanted to answer. I want more of that, intact I want Gothalion to have a QnA with deej and that should be the weekly update.

Loved that. Nothing asked was inappropriate or denigrating, just very pointed questions. Many of which left them a bit uncomfortable or squirming. It's fine if they aren't ready to answer them yet and in many cases they said as much, but it was good to see someone who has their finger on the pulse of the community in a PR piece bringing up important issues.

He was a bit random at times and kind of threw things off with some strange remarks. The first words out of his mouth were a sarcastic "No Raid" and both Deej and Christopher looking around a bit dazed and confused.

Loved that. Nothing asked was inappropriate or denigrating, just very pointed questions. Many of which left them a bit uncomfortable or squirming. It's fine if they aren't ready to answer them yet and in many cases they said as much, but it was good to see someone who has their finger on the pulse of the community in a PR piece bringing up important issues.

He was a bit random at times and kind of threw things off with some strange remarks. The first words out of his mouth were a sarcastic "No Raid" and both Deej and Christopher looking around a bit dazed and confused.

I loved his questions. I mean, hell, I'm hyped as shit right now. Alot of people are hyped to come back. It's damn great.

Bradach

based on DeeJ's massive dodge of the direct question "Will there be new vanguard bounties?" I assume that the answer is "No"

Man the special ammo nerf kinda fucked up my game in crucible. I used to abuse the scavenger ability with the gunslinger and now I cannot. I kinda based my build around it, haha. Oh well.

GlamFM

Banned
OK DGaf. I've watched the stream again and I'm super impressed so far.

Only one concern: I have not seen any new primaries with elemental damage.

It seems like they have shown basically every kind of reward you will get.

Am I missing something?

ocean

Banned
OK DGaf. I've watched the stream again and I'm super impressed so far.

Only one concern: I have not seen any new primaries with elemental damage.

It seems like they have shown basically every kind of reward you will get.

Am I missing something?
I wondered too. I expected that Shank AR to be Solar. Perhaps PoE holds more surprises?

based on DeeJ's massive dodge of the direct question "Will there be new vanguard bounties?" I assume that the answer is "No"

this is honestly my most wanted thing in the whole of destiny. how hard can it be? maybe the new vendor ones will fill the gap but still.

What if Xur started selling random vanilla weapons/gear every week aswell...

I can dream :(

I mean, he has to sell something now that he isn't the replacer for exotics. And considering that Goliath asked a question about Xurs location, Deej not only said that he would be in various locations, but that he would sale items as well. IMO I took that as an insinuation that he will carry more stuff.

Old Vanguard/Crucible gear would make sense. Xur usually gives 12 slots for exotic upgrades...so something like...3 Weap/3 Armor for Vanguard and Crucible. It'd make sense.

Sadly having seen the stream im now pretty depressed i cant get a Vex or Fatebringer no matter how much i run VoG.

Its kinda hard to be excited cause i know these two weapons will be top tier i mean i have my shadow price but its still an auto rifle with no elemental.

ocean

Banned
Sadly having seen the stream im now pretty depressed i cant get a Vex or Fatebringer no matter how much i run VoG.

Its kinda hard to be excited cause i know these two weapons will be top tier i mean i have my shadow price but its still an auto rifle with no elemental.
Fatebringer is worth running VoG HM for until you get it. The Vex, meh. For completionism more than anything. It's been nerfed a bit too far. It needs better range or ammo capacity or base damage to be viable again. As it stands it's good but very rarely worth the slot.

Fatebringer is worth running VoG HM for until you get it. The Vex, meh. For completionism more than anything. It's been nerfed a bit too far. It needs better range or ammo capacity or base damage to be viable again. As it stands it's good but very rarely worth the slot.

I 100% agree mainly cause Fatebringer wont use up my exotic slot just would love Vex for them solar burn NF's plus its cool to fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom