• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see it being that easy to get etheric mats, when you think about it you only need 4 to upgrade your current armour set to hit the new level cap! If anything they will drop in 1s, and you'll be lucky to get 1-2 a week through all content

So I was thinking...the barrels of some of the new weapons, they remind me of the Captains Blaster...weapon...the one that fires 4 little missiles....

Now, I was thinking....if the VoG 'Unique Exotic' was Vex Mythoclast....that's pretty much a hobgoblin line rifle...the Necrochasm, again it looks and feels like a Hive weapon...so what if the Fallen Shotgun was the mini-cannon that the Captains/Aksor carry? Shooting a spreadyof exploding mini rockets? That'd be cool.

Bradach

When he upgraded the legendary weapon to 365 he used the new material called "Etheric Light"

but when he went to upgrade the Gjallahorn he just needed an Exotic Shard

weird

When he upgraded the legendary weapon to 365 he used the new material called "Etheric Light"

weird

Makes sense to me. You can get Etheric Light from several sources, Exotic Shards only by dismantling exotics or Xur.

weird

I think because of the way teh Vex was nerfed, the Mythoclast counts as an old legendary in terms of damage/legacy.

ocean

Banned

weird
Exotics are upgraded using Exotic Shards, while Legendaries use Etheric Light.

Bradach

Makes sense to me. You can get Etheric Light from several sources, Exotic Shards only by dismantling exotics or Xur.

I think because of the way teh Vex was nerfed, the Mythoclast counts as an old legendary in terms of damage/legacy.

I thought to get to 365 damage with any weapon you had to use the new material Etheric Light. Is that not correct?

Exotics are upgraded using Exotic Shards, while Legendaries use Etheric Light.

Ok, fair enough. That make it easy to upgrade the exotics. I can start collecting exotic shards now :)

I'll wait to the PoE and ToO info, but for now all the new details are fairly good, it seems Bungie is learning a bit from their mistakes. We don't know how we get the Etheric Light, right?

I thought to get to 365 damage with any weapon you had to use the new material Etheric Light. Is that not correct?

It is not. Legendaries need Etheric Light. Exotics need Exotic Shards.

On an unrelated note, I finally got my first character to 32. Fittingly, it's not the Hunter but the Titan that pulled ahead.

Now to level some of my VoG gear, some cool-looking Vanguard gear, and I'll be all set on this character for HoW.

I'll wait to the PoE and ToO info, but for now all the new details are fairly good, it seems Bungie is learning a bit from their mistakes. We don't know how we get the Etheric Light, right?

They drop in ToO, PoE, nightfalls and Iron Banner. I read somewhere that they also might drop in the VoG and CE raids, don't know if that is confirmed though.

It is not. Legendaries need Etheric Light. Exotics need Exotic Shards.

On an unrelated note, I finally got my first character to 32. Fittingly, it's not the Hunter but the Titan that pulled ahead.

Now to level some of my VoG gear, some cool-looking Vanguard gear, and I'll be all set on this character for HoW.

Get the one with fur. It's amazing.

Get the one with fur. It's amazing.

I had the chest piece and shoulder pad with fur, fully leveled (with perks for weapons I never used, but w/e), but I sharded them a few days ago. Didn't think I'd be able to upgrade them. :(

I bought the chest piece again, but it once again has shitty perks. Wish I could get one with Scout Rifle/Shotgun or Auto Rifle/Shotgun.

I had the chest piece and shoulder pad with fur, fully leveled (with perks for weapons I never used, but w/e), but I sharded them a few days ago. Didn't think I'd be able to upgrade them. :(

I bought the chest piece again, but it once again has shitty perks. Wish I could get one with Scout Rifle/Shotgun or Auto Rifle/Shotgun.

Do the perks change with the refresh of uh, vendors? Hrm.

Daemul

I've just sharded my old vendor gear, as much as I loved the shoulder fur the ToW Titan gear looks much better. I also have over 400 of each mark over all 3 characters so I need an excuse to spend them lol

Shito

I wonder what's the deal about commendations is; Gothalion hyped it up, and now I kinda trust him when he says that we will love it.
I can't wait for the Weekly Update to release to know about it -- it's been a while I haven't had that feeling. ^^

Deku Tree

I'm sure Gutz saved one yesterday, check with him.

We were playing with GuTZ lolz.

Still no foil?

#forevernofoildeku

wtzgU.gif

Haha. We didn't even do oracles. No chance at Foil. oMG. I would have done oracles but we had Templar CP.

noomi

Morning Dgaf!

Exciting times here :D Glad to see the thread back in full swing again!

Some really fantastic news yesterday, everyone seems very happy with the direction Bungie is taking with House of Wolves and so am I. This is the Destiny we need, the Destiny we deserve!

Weekly update is still scheduled for today even after all the awesome news we got yesterday?

Waldini

So ... is reforging limited to HoW weapons only?

Was kinda hoping Bungie would allow ALL Legendaries to be reforged.

Loved what I saw yesterday though.

noomi

So ... is reforging limited to HoW weapons only?

Was kinda hoping Bungie would allow ALL Legendaries to be reforged.

Loved what I saw yesterday though.

I was talking about this with a friend yesterday, would be awesome to potentially reforge the word of crota into a fatebringer... but I wouldn't have really thought that reforging would be allowed for raid type weapons/gear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom