• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

The first thing I will upgrade will be my beloved A.1F19X-RYL (I have no FB yet, otherwise it would probably have taken this spot), and after that I will concentrate on armors only.
Getting to 34 will be more important than having 365 weapons, guys. :)

RemiLP

The vendors should sell old stuff again now. Could change out their invent every week or so. Stupid to suddenly allow us to make old stuff usefull again, with no way of getting it back again.

The first thing I will upgrade will be my beloved A.1F19X-RYL (I have no FB yet, otherwise it would probably have taken this spot), and after that I will concentrate on armors only.
Getting to 34 will be more important than having 365 weapons, guys. :)
Yup, I'll be spending my initial etheric light on armor. Most likely just a couple pieces per character since I don't think level 34 will be needed right away. It depends if PoE 'skill mode' is unlocked at launch.

Yeah that was wierd, thanks to Illini for rescuing us!

No problem, I loaded in and was wondering why everyone was dead!

Is that fur clad Titan armor from before the expansion? I checked out the Vanguard and Crucible vendors and didn't see a chest being sold with that fur. Looks cool!

Deku Tree

Yup, I'll be spending my initial etheric light on armor. Most likely just a couple pieces per character since I don't think level 34 will be needed right away. It depends if PoE 'skill mode' is unlocked at launch.

I guess you just need one 42 light exotic and one 42 light legendary armor and two 36 light to get to 33. Yeah level 34 is probably not important right away if no level 34+ activities are available right away.

Weapons I will be upgrading as soon as possible:

Hawkmoon (maxed out)
3 Gjallarhorns (all maxed out)
4th Horseman (maxed out)
Ice Breaker (maxed out)
Thunderlord (maxed out)
Truth (maxed out)
Vex Mythocast (maxed out)
Thorn (all bubbles unlocked)
Monte Carlo (maxed out)
Suros Regime (maxed out)
Universal Remote (maxed out)
Patience and Time (maxed out)
Red Death (maxed out)
No Land Beyond (maxed out)
Necrochasm (maxed out)
Dragon's Breath (maxed out)

If I had the glimmer, Thorn would be maxed out .

Next few weeks will be spent on finishing unlocking all bubbles for:

Hard Light (Need 3-4 bubbles)
Bad Juju (need all but 1 bubble)
Mida Multi Tool (need 4 bubbles)
The Last Word (need 7 bubbles)
Pocket Infinity (all bubbles)
Plan C (all bubbles)
Super Good Advice (just a single bounty to unlock the last bubble)
Invective (all bubbles) - I keep forgetting this gun exists...

Hey, I need to get rid of all these exotic shards I have!

Would have been quicker just to type 'everything'.

ocean

Banned
Upgrade Priority:

Fatebringer
Gjallarhorn
Vision of Confluence
Hawkmoon
Black Hammer
Found Verdict
Hunger of Crota
Ice Breaker
Truth
Praedyth's Revenge

ich00

The vendors should sell old stuff again now. Could change out their invent every week or so. Stupid to suddenly allow us to make old stuff usefull again, with no way of getting it back again.

Or give the gunsmith something else to do and give him a rotating inventory of old weapons. Make it cost a commendation or something to be able to make the purchase.

I'm expecting we'll at least see more old stuff drop from packages/cryptarch again. Would make sense. Can't deny people that Shadow Price.

I doubt New Monarchy sells a tank cannon lol.

I mean, given the speculation it'd make sense.

1.Weapons are categorized in vendors by Primary>Special>Heavy. The only Vendor who deviates from this, is the Gunsmith.
2.The New Monarchy weapons, as listed, are Auto-HC-Shotgun-MG-RL

Therefore we can assume that the last weapon in that list, is a heavy weapon. Unless they're deviating all of a sudden....

noomi

Wasn't Lima or someone supposed to do that as well?

Yeah, it was Lima. He said if there wasn;t a new raid he would shard his 3 gjallys :eek: and he did :(

At around 13:40 in this Vid Datto speculates that the new huge RL thing may be for sale at New Monarchy because Deej does a slick choice not to hover over the last weapon for Sale.

http://youtu.be/BRQM3PBAC4g

Just watched this entire video, fantastic, now I'm all caught up to speed.

Haybro

I'm thinking planet mats are going to be my biggest shortfall on day one. Time to blow through all my marks hoarding planet mats. I should probably start running the daily on all three characters too.

Oh god I'm getting sucked back into the obsession!

Karl2177

Sometime I'll be able to trade for class mats. That's my bottleneck right now. At the moment, I'm just throwing all blue armor engrams in the vault so I can open them on my Warlock or Titan to decrypt and shard.

Shito

1.Weapons are categorized in vendors by Primary>Special>Heavy. The only Vendor who deviates from this, is the Gunsmith.

Therefore we can assume that the last weapon in that list, is a heavy weapon. Unless they're deviating all of a sudden....
The icon is clearly one of a sniper rifle.
Also, I doubt Deej is intentionally skipping this weapon, I feel like he's just casually taking a look at the other ones and decide to stop with no good reason. That, and the fact that at the end of the stream he's taking the "let's keep some things to be discovered by the players once it releases" (which I agree with, I want to take a tour of the vendors and discover their wares myself, rather than in a leaked list beforehand ^^).
People are looking too much into this, really.

Fatebringer is worth running VoG HM for until you get it. The Vex, meh. For completionism more than anything. It's been nerfed a bit too far. It needs better range or ammo capacity or base damage to be viable again. As it stands it's good but very rarely worth the slot.
i concur, i only use the Vex for the bounty [Kill two or more with one shot - Fusion Rifle]. I'd like to run VoG HM for another fatebringer, just to have an extra as insurance against app transfer shenanigans....

GutZ31

Upgrade Priority:

~GutZ edited~

1. Fatebringer
3. Gjallarhorn
4. Vision of Confluence
9. Hawkmoon
5. Black Hammer
8. Found Verdict
7. Hunger of Crota
2. Ice Breaker
?. Truth
6. Praedyth's Revenge

As Private said, a Swordbreaker would be on my list, as well as a few fusion rifles of my choosing, like pretorian foil.

Also, I doubt Deej is intentionally skipping this weapon, I feel like he's just casually taking a look at the other ones and decide to stop with no good reason. That, and the fact that at the end of the stream he's taking the "let's keep some things to be discovered by the players once it releases" (which I agree with, I want to take a tour of the vendors and discover their wares myself, rather than in a leaked list beforehand ^^).

That's the thing though, a sniper rifle isn't anything special. However, you don't put a sniper rifle at the end of an already established weapon line up.

It does have an icon of a sniper rifle, but at the same time that's just perspective. Just like an RL isn't the size of a Sniper Rifle, despite the icons showing the weapons being the same size.

Again, it being after the rocket launcher makes it suspect. Seeing as how vendors will always place an RL at the end of the list if they have one.

willow ve

So I realized that I have extra vacation time that needs to be used before July for various reasons. I'll probably take a day or two off for House of Wolves launch. Can anyone confirm a few things?

So it officially releases on May 19th?
Does that mean 10AM PDT on May 19th or is it localized per region? Per time zone?

Just trying to figure out the best schedule to achieve total nerd status in my personal life.

That's the thing though, a sniper rifle isn't anything special. However, you don't put a sniper rifle at the end of an already established weapon line up.

It does have an icon of a sniper rifle, but at the same time that's just perspective. Just like an RL isn't the size of a Sniper Rifle, despite the icons showing the weapons being the same size.

Again, it being after the rocket launcher makes it suspect. Seeing as how vendors will always place an RL at the end of the list if they have one.

Just because it has an icon of a Sniper doesn't mean it falls into the secondary weapon category. Could be a sniper that slots in as a primary (many have asked for this) or a laser sniper that slots in as a heavy (I have asked for this).

Just because it has an icon of a Sniper doesn't mean it falls into the secondary weapon category. Could be a sniper that slots in as a primary (many have asked for this) or a laser sniper that slots in as a heavy (I have asked for this).

It could definitely be. I mean, we already have No Land Beyond for a primary sniper rifle, but in order for a SR to be a heavy weapon...maybe make it...a gigantic...cannon...

WipedOut

Up to 63 Exotic Shards and counting.

Upgrade List:

All exotics Day 1:
3 x Gjallarhorn
3 x Ice Breacker
Red Death
Suros
SGA
Patience and Time
Mida
Necrochasm
Hard Light
The Last Word (Not Maxed)
Dragons Breath
Vex
Truth
Bad Juju
Thunderlord

ASAP
VoC x 3
Fatebringer x3
Black Hammer
Hunger of Crota x3

The rest:
3 x Fang
3 x Word
Corrective Measure
Sword Breaker
Found Verdict
Secret Handshake (Might Shard)
Oversoul Edict
LDR - Arc
Praedyths Revenge
One Way Ticket - Arc
Atheons Epilogue
Praetorian Foil

I don't want to even think about Armor.

Namikaze1

Not gonna bother spending any glimmer or shards on the exotic armors. I will unlock all the bubbles. My Titan's exotic set is almost done. Just need to unlock the bubbles in No Backup Plans. Hunter has three helmets and two chest pieces to go. Warlock needs two or three exotics to go through.

E92 M3

No I meant that they will have a heavy, but it won't be a tank cannon. If I'm wrong, I'll dismantle 1 strange coin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom