• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
Yeah, that's nifty but nothing out of this world lol
There's a lot of people here who never play PvP. This locks then out of buying weapons and armor from 4/5 Vendors in the Tower :/

Equipping Faction class items let's anyone gain Faction rep, even while running PvE content. On me you level up though they give you a Crucible Commendation. If these could be turned into a meaningful amount of Crucible Marks, players would have access to Faction Vendors without playing Crucible. A lot of great gear would suddenly be available to them which I think is fair!

Deku Tree

Out of all types of scrubbing, I think CP scrubbing is my favorite.

"Two people need to switch characters so we can run it 3x... Wait... Are you switching? You want me to? What class are you bringing?"

"Who's loading up the next one? .... Anyone? ...... You want me to?"

"We still have the CP? ... Wait..... You used which character? Was that the one with the CP? ... Oh... Ok, that's cool, no worries."

Yeah GutZ forgot that he already had the Gorgons CP so the Templar CP didn't save. No worries I got a little bit more sleep last night as a result.

Namikaze1

Here's what I posted yesterday about what they could do with commendations:

I hope we can turn in commendations for marks. Would be great. Especially for those who have crucible commendations from ranking up Dead Orbit/Future War Cult/New Monarchy and don't bother with the actual Crucible.

Six consecutive Hard Vault of Glass completions, zero Praetorian Foils, zero Fatebringers, and zero Aetheon's Epilogues. As a matter of fact, zero weapons, period.

Shito

Six consecutive Hard Vault of Glass completions, zero Praetorian Foils, zero Fatebringers, and zero Aetheon's Epilogues. As a matter of fact, zero weapons, period.
Now that they worked on making old gear relevant again, I really hope they'll patch VoG to at least behave like CE now. Even though it's not perfect yet, CE's "smart loot" is still miles ahead of how loot is awarded in VoG...

CDSTT0HUUAALRdC.jpg:large

New RNG trick discovered: scrub up the jumps for at least a minute before opening Gorgon chest.

Congrats on all the ass Ipity.

Kalamari

I finally got my VoG gauntlets last night. Yay!?

They should just get rid of commendations altogether, they serve practically no purpose at all.

Namikaze1

A quick tower visit and I'm done for several hours. Maybe the day. Need to start getting everything ready.

Whatever they're doing with commendations, I hope it is good.

willow ve

CDSTT0HUUAALRdC.jpg:large

New RNG trick discovered: scrub up the jumps for at least a minute before opening Gorgon chest.

Congrats on all the ass Ipity.

Rotating alts at Gorgon's always produces at least one comical failure for me when I can't make the jump with my Warlock over and over again. Their jump just feels so off to me (started the game with a Titan, secondary was a triple jump Hunter - Warlock glide is wrong in my hands).

patchday

Man. That's pretty much just as good as transmog! wheeeee

We're at least getting a gif!

yeah that's going to be pretty cool. I wonder how bad of a grind it will be to earn those etheric lights. maybe you can easily earn 1 once a week or something. This way they can delay the progression fairly close til "Comet" for the average hardcore player that has 3 characters

E92 M3

There's a lot of people here who never play PvP. This locks then out of buying weapons and armor from 4/5 Vendors in the Tower :/

Equipping Faction class items let's anyone gain Faction rep, even while running PvE content. On me you level up though they give you a Crucible Commendation. If these could be turned into a meaningful amount of Crucible Marks, players would have access to Faction Vendors without playing Crucible. A lot of great gear would suddenly be available to them which I think is fair!

Not arguing with you there :p

Haha 50 marks from 1 commendation? Never gonna happen.

The best you can hope for is 5 marks.
what would be completely mind blowing is if you can use the commendations to increase ones chances at getting that exotic that one has yet to get... yeah, not gonna happen.

Considering taking off work on May 20...anyone else? My only hesitation is that the content will be too light to warrant an entire day off work...

Anybody want to run some Skirmish for ToO practice? Unst(opp)able? Kartik? Unknown? Defuser? We could also do some 6v6 if there's enough interest.

Not sure what I'll do for a ToO team if Rubenov and LollipopReaper don't come out of Destiny retirement.

Felt like looking up my PvP stats on destinytracker.com:

FvGvQw8.png

Somehow I'm in the top 1% of Destiny players for Crucible wins. I don't even really like Crucible...

Also, I'm completely okay with being top 48% kills/game but top 5% K/D.

It'd be nice if they made ships and shaders purchasable for something like 150 marks and allowed you to exchange commendations for marks (10ish seems fair). That would reward those who have been grinding rep without just handing over all the sought after loot since new faction armor and weapons will be in high demand and take weeks to acquire.

ocean

Banned
Anybody want to run some Skirmish for ToO practice? Unst(opp)able? Kartik? Unknown? Defuser? We could also do some 6v6 if there's enough interest.

Not sure what I'll do for a ToO team if Rubenov and LollipopReaper don't come out of Destiny retirement.

Somehow I'm in the top 1% of Destiny players for Crucible wins. I don't even really like Crucible...

I'm not a top-tier player like you guys but I love Crucible with GAF. I'd be down for 3v3 or 6v6, let me know and I'll hop on!

GhaleonEB

GhaleonEB

Goth says that the Arena was "Super Awesome". That's the only thing he can share.

Prior to the live stream I wouldn't think much of it, as I don't know him. But given the questions he hit Deej and company with, I was pretty excited by the tweet. He definitely was not playing along well with the PR.

^sounds good Ocean, Unstable said he's down too after his current raid

Ghaleon's list on why he's still playing Destiny:

1) It's fun to run around and shoot stuff in it.
2) It's even more fun to do this with friends.

I'm sure some are swayed by points 1 and 2 in that article, but if the core game were not fun, few would stick around.

Yep, that's exactly my list except add 3.) I looooooove VoooooooooooooG

FvGvQw8.png

I would love to run skirmish for ToO practice. I'm not on now but the only game type I'm playing is Skirmish at the moment. Would love to see some DGAF pick up teams forming

Shito

Prior to the live stream I wouldn't think much of it, as I don't know him. But given the questions he hit Deej and company with, I was pretty excited by the tweet. He definitely was not toeing the company line.
Yes, I'm in the same boat now, I value his opinion much more than I did before yesterday's stream.
I'm a bit disappointed we have to wait for two weeks now before having details on the PoE... ^^

Ghaleon's list on why he's still playing Destiny:

1) It's fun to run around and shoot stuff in it.
2) It's even more fun to do this with friends.

I'm sure some are swayed by points 1 and 2 in that article, but if the core game were not fun, few would stick around.
Don't be silly, you aren't allowed to have on a game others don't like.

There has to be some ulterior motive as to why we keep playing.

Raybunny

FvGvQw8.png

Would love to pvp together again but gotta do those DS and CROTA 3x before.

PSN Deathsinger + Crota NM:

1. Raybunzy
2. Rasstuppen

FvGvQw8.png

i'm a total Crucible scrub, and would appreciate an opportunity to play alongside some top-tier players so i can learn how to play it well...

FvGvQw8.png

I never looked at how in-depth some of the tracking features are. That is pretty nifty.

I sure hope that there will be some renewed PvP interest with the new DLC. My buddy and I just started getting into IB (got the game in Jan) when most Gaffers were tiring from it.

Kal_El

After the reveal I actually had more fun playing because I feel like i'm playing toward something. Now to farm that sapphire wire.

Shito

After the reveal I actually had more fun playing because I feel like i'm playing toward something. Now to farm that sapphire wire.
Got a dupped MIDA on my second NF of the week yesterday, after the reveal.
Even though I have a dozen exotic shards already, it felt good telling myself this was the shard I would upgrade my Horn with...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member

Nice, I have a 1.7 K/D too. Somehow I'm only in the top 2% of Destiny players, tho. Maybe it's cause I'm on Xbone.

RNG on VoG this week has been nada for me. Chest 3x produced nothing, one full normal run produced nothing, and 3x HM atheon down gave me some ships and bikes I already had. Here's to hoping two more deathsingers and three more Crota downs produce something good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom